Bye Dad

Sorry to hear about your loss.
My mum had onset dementia but cancer took her before it got too bad.
Everyone deals with grief and loss in their own way, dont let anyone tell you what's right or wrong or what's normal.
I was close to my mum and loved her as much as anyone can their parent. We lived close and spoke or seen each other every day, but when she died I was non fussed about it. (Same with my dad 15 years earlier)
I went to the funeral but ditched the gathering afterwards and went to work instead (self employed)
Lots of family were disgusted but everyone is different and deals with it in their own way.
Think I shed a tear once between her death and the funeral, but that was me back to normal.

Chin up and glad you posted here op as a wee tribute to your father and your feelings at the loss of him.

Strange feeling that.
The day we got promoted back up to the SPL. I looked up at the sky and said “we’re back dad”. I could imagine his smile and I got all teary. Must have been a dusty day;)

I can relate to that B72. Must be getting soft myself because since the journey I get more emotional than ever, sometimes just reading other bears posts, like your own one.

Never sure how these kind of threads are received, was at my Dad’s funeral yesterday, he had been diagnosed with dementia since 2015, he had been a Motherwell fan but through me he eventually became a Ger and I went to countless matches with him.
I find it creeps up on me just when I think I’m ok, I felt I had to post a tribute to him.

Dementia is fucking horrible. We laid my Nan to rest in June. Her final years were awful, it was no life to live and it comforts me to know that she doesn’t have to live like that now.

Remember the good times, as your Dad now lives on through his family and the lessons he taught you.

Sorry for your loss, but never worry about posting such things.

Yes as fans we often have different opinions on the board, the team or what's best for the club. But at heart we are all one big community, and if you're ever struggling, everyone is here for you.

Never sure how these kind of threads are received, was at my Dad’s funeral yesterday, he had been diagnosed with dementia since 2015, he had been a Motherwell fan but through me he eventually became a Ger and I went to countless matches with him.
I find it creeps up on me just when I think I’m ok, I felt I had to post a tribute to him.
Sorry for your loss buddy,I miss my dad loads and he's been gone 7 years. I'll never forget the memory of taking him to his first rangers match, a euro night. Tough mate but gets better,the rangers family got your back. RIP your auld man.

That really got to me although it’s almost nineteen years since I lost my dad, and exactly two years since my old dear passed away. My old man and I had season tickets in the Main Stand, before that my old dear even came to the odd game with us. Those memories will never die.

Condolences to the OP, it will all be very raw at this time, but over the months and years your memories will give you comfort, maybe even bring a wee smile to your face at times - I know mine do.

Sorry to hear of your loss and hope you got a little comfort from posting at this trying time for you.
Lost my Dad, over 30 years ago, but your post brought my thoughts and memories going to watch Rangers with him rushing back. These memories I passed onto my children and Grandchildren. Hopefully you will do likewise.
Your Dad has taught you well. Take solace in that fact and also that he is at peace now and safe on the hands of our good Lord.

Sorry for your loss mate. The toughest thing in the world is losing a parent. I lost both my parents a few years ago, all within 3 months of each other. Took me about 2 years to get over it.
Your doing the right this with this post, cherish his memory and all the good times you had. You’ll have a lot of bad days, but it will turn around where you can recount all the good times without getting to emotional etc ...

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Bears are here if we can do anything for you.

I went through losing my Dad in 2018. Rangers, our common love, helped me through. I wouldn't say I'm there yet though. 55 will be an emotional rollercoaster. Hope you find some help through our club too.

Lost my dad 2 years ago past on Sunday, the last game we got to was against Raith Rovers at Ibrox, he couldn’t make the climb to our seats in CR2 but we managed to grab a couple of empties in row A, it’s a game I’ll never forget, treasure the memories mate, so sorry to hear of your loss RIP

God bless your old fella.

And take care of yourself brother.

Back