Caixinha - A great week for us

"There, Andy Dallas, Kyle McLelland, Lewis Mayo and Scott Gray protected the Rangers goal, with the gaffer delighted with how they perfomed.

He added: “They played the last period. We had Andy at right-back, Kyle who is 15, was one of the centre-halves, Lewis, who is 17, was the other one, and Scott, who is also 17, was the left-back."

Great to see, and another reason why results in bounce games matter not one jot.

"There, Andy Dallas, Kyle McLelland, Lewis Mayo and Scott Gray protected the Rangers goal, with the gaffer delighted with how they perfomed.

He added: “They played the last period. We had Andy at right-back, Kyle who is 15, was one of the centre-halves, Lewis, who is 17, was the other one, and Scott, who is also 17, was the left-back."

Great to see, and another reason why results in bounce games matter not one jot.

Yip, I've tried to explain this on other threads but the usual greetin' faced keyboard warriors will have you believe this 'bounce game result' is a worry.

In fact, Butcher6 thinks Kenny had to come on and Bail us out in this game... he actually used the term 'bail us out'

Some people know absolutely nothing about football.

Yip, I've tried to explain this on other threads but the usual greetin' faced keyboard warriors will have you believe this 'bounce game result' is a worry.

In fact, Butcher6 thinks Kenny had to come on and Bail us out in this game... he actually used the term 'bail us out'

i agree with you there mate

My worry is this line is right from the Warburton copybook.

Whilst it's positive that the manager is impressed with the players training performance, this can potentially mean the square root of funk all when it comes to game-time.

Winning every week is all that matters.

Until you have put a run of 6 or 7 wins on the bounce, don't expect any fawning or a pat on the back.

Why did the club tell folk we had a bounce game at the weekend? nae lady's front bottom cares.

Just win on Friday.

Would you prefer a "We've had a shocker of a week and the team are quite right to be shiting themselves for Friday"?

If we can win on friday then it 'should' be a time for shackles off given who comes next and a real chance to get a head of steam.

I'd gladly take a 1-0 win right now and build from there.

Whilst it's positive that the manager is impressed with the players training performance, this can potentially mean the square root of funk all when it comes to game-time.

Until you have put a run of 6 or 7 wins on the bounce, don't expect any fawning or a pat on the back.

Who's asking for praise here?

Simply an update on how the week went. Caixinha knows results are required.

If we can win on friday then it 'should' be a time for shackles off given who comes next and a real chance to get a head of steam.

I would love a 1-0 just to keep a clean sheet

Ignore Butcher6 - he lives in a wee world of his own

In the Heart and Hand pod last week Iain McColl mentioned that we, as a support, need to be patient and let the manager and team 'breathe' as it seems every game at the moment brings more and more pressure & stress so we might not see the best of them until the pressure is taken off slightly.

The results, of course, haven't helped since the start of the season but a win on Friday after last weeks win should see is build some good momentum and confidence leading into the Semi Final.

The game against St Johnstone can't come quickly enough. I'm looking for the opportunity to now have an uninterrupted run of games that bring more consistency and are wins.

Getting excited about Friday already. A victory with a clean sheet would be brilliant

In the Heart and Hand pod last week Iain McColl mentioned that we, as a support, need to be patient and let the manager and team 'breathe' as it seems every game at the moment brings more and more pressure & stress so we might not see the best of them until the pressure is taken off slightly.

The results, of course, haven't helped since the start of the season but a win on Friday after last weeks win should see is build some good momentum and confidence leading into the Semi Final.
He also said we'll continue to drop points every few weeks under Pedro

Good point, was watching the documentary on Coleman when he took over at Wales, it was a mess to start but eventually it came together, of course thats not always the case but keep believing.

Absolutely buzzing for Friday. A victory will be a tremendous way to start the weekend.
I do like a Friday victory, nothing beats a Saturday 3pm k.o., but having the win already, I can glance at the results, but feel easy.

What do you want him to say then when faced with these types of questions?

I'm sure Pedro isn't looking for the fans or media to start breaking out the champagne off the back of run of the mill answers as to training and a warm up game.

The only way it will be a good week is if we win Friday! Looking forward to the game, certainly won't be easy

A small break for the players, some team bonding, a bounce game and giving the likes of a 15 year old the opportunity to play with the first team players... positives leading up to a massive game for us on Friday.

Now to turn those positives into three points and continue our run.

Can't wait for Friday, and hope we can really put on a show and win comfortably.

To be honest, after MW hit out with the same spiel I stopped watching his interviews in the end

I’ve watched a couple of Pedro’s at the start and haven’t watched any since tbh.

Same spiels.

Lets see the performances on the park and if they match up to the interview talk

To be honest, after MW hit out with the same spiel I stopped watching his interviews in the end

I’ve watched a couple of Pedro’s at the start and haven’t watched any since tbh.

Same spiels.

Lets see the performances on the park and if they match up to the interview talk

The big man will be devastated

Some on here would be up in arms if our under 12's drew with Morton's first team. There's expectation and realism, although not always on FF.

Won't suit the panty wetters though.

Reactions: Mez

FFS, you must remember the Hat was Magic after two games!

I'd say option 1. Pretty sure you won't though :rolleyes:

A Rangers fan asking question about Rangers on a Rangers messageboard what a thing to do...

Sure though...I do wonder if there is a strategy to how youth is being used or if it is a case of chucking stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Won't suit the panty wetters though.
Going by the Morton players interview, O’Hare and their other centre half were off the park when Miller came on therefore it would seem Morton didn’t have a full strength team in the final 3rd either

Regardless of how it is dressed up, Pedro stated he wanted to make this break about working to improve our defence. We’ve lost 3 goals to a team a division below us.

Sure it’s only a friendly but it’s easy for people to question just how much we worked on our defence when we lose 3 goals. Granted we appear to have finished with a lot of fringe/youth but it appears Morton did too ..

[
Going by the Morton players interview, O’Hare and their other centre half were off the park when Miller came on therefore it would seem Morton didn’t have a full strength team in the final 3rd either

Regardless of how it is dressed up, Pedro stated he wanted to make this break about working to improve our defence. We’ve lost 3 goals to a team a division below us.

Sure it’s only a friendly but it’s easy for people to question just how much we worked on our defence when we lose 3 goals. Granted we appear to have finished with a lot of fringe/youth but it appears Morton did too ..

Regardless of the mega importance some want to attach to this game, it wasn't even a friendly, it was a closed doors game.
Tell me this though.
How good must Morton be when they can score more goals against us than Septic, and all bar one top division team?

[

Regardless of the mega importance some want to attach to this game, it wasn't even a friendly, it was a closed doors game.
Tell me this though.
How good must Morton be when they can score more goals against us than Septic, and all bar one top division team?

Friendly / closed doors game. Same thing.

Your argument here is primary school stuff.

I stated it was only a friendly but losing 3 goals to a Morton team hardly inspires confidence that Pedro has worked with the defence to improve it

Friendly / closed doors game. Same thing.

Your argument here is primary school stuff.

I stated it was only a friendly but losing 3 goals to a Morton team hardly inspires confidence that Pedro has worked with the defence to improve it

Great how a reply you don't like gets the "primary school" type comment.

Great how a reply you don't like gets the "primary school" type comment.

It got that comment because that’s exactly what it merited.

Morton scored 1 more against us than the bheasts, must make them better than the tims then.. primary school stuff.

Listen, if folk don’t see any negatives in losing 3 against Morton then fine.

In a week where Pedro states he’d be focusing on our defence, I guess I and others will be wondering what was worked on given we lost 3 to a team the division below ..

It got that comment because that’s exactly what it merited.

Morton scored 1 more against us than the bheasts, must make them better than the tims then.. primary school stuff.

Listen, if folk don’t see any negatives in losing 3 against Morton then fine.

In a week where Pedro states he’d be focusing on our defence, I guess I and others will be wondering what was worked on given we lost 3 to a team the division below ..

I'm baffled at how you can't see 3 goals means nothing when we essentially played 3 mini games each with different players, tactics and formations (one of which had a 15yo and a 17yo at CB).

Calling out the other guy for being 'primary school' when you're ignoring the above to suit your argument is mind boggling.

Reactions: Mez
A Rangers fan asking question about Rangers on a Rangers messageboard what a thing to do...

Sure though...I do wonder if there is a strategy to how youth is being used or if it is a case of chucking stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I didn't challenge you on asking a question, just your reasoning as highlighted.

Back