Calf problems?

Airfix

In today’s press conference the manager says Jack and Barker have calf problems. We seem to get a lot of injuries described as calf problems. Is this just a term the manager uses to cover any knocks and niggles that keep players out or are the players all getting the same injury?

So early on in the game - as per Saturday - would you not have to look at the individual's warm up routine and ask questions of them ??

Did Jack and Barker fully warm themselves up and ensure their muscles were lose??

Pulling up in the first half should not be happening if warm up done properly.

So early on in the game - as per Saturday - would you not have to look at the individual's warm up routine and ask questions of them ??

Did Jack and Barker fully warm themselves up and ensure their muscles were lose??
Only if it happened in other games.
It’s not the amount of players getting injuries in one game that’s the problem.
It’s if three players got injured in warm ups, early games in short succession that’d, for me, would indicate a training or warm up issue.

Nah for me very easy and understandable reasons

barker - sprinters are always prone to regular muscle injuries

jack - after recent covid lay-off he’s played a lot of football

In today’s press conference the manager says Jack and Barker have calf problems. We seem to get a lot of injuries described as calf problems. Is this just a term the manager uses to cover any knocks and niggles that keep players out or are the players all getting the same injury?
Barker was holding the back of his thigh unless his calf has moved

Must not be doing enough of this pre-game:

stre-09.jpg

Amateur stuff from the club, whoever's the head of sports science should be chased.

SG says hamstring for Barker. The tweet stated calf but the video cleared it up .
Yep.

Was just about to say. Rangers twitter was wrong to tweet that Barker had a calf injury.

Having just watched the video, SG clearly said hamstring for Barker.

Both players have been rather burdened by injuries down the years

The calf is probably one of the most used muscles for footballers so it's natural that you'll see more problems with the most used muscles?? I dont get what the op is suggesting? A problem with our training regime that targets our players' calf muscles?

Pulling up in the first half should not be happening if warm up done properly.
Or they have niggles that vegetal they play through

They are milking it.. :oops:

I found calf injuries harder to come by.

I found ankles and knees were easier.

So there could be mootive in the OP claims.

Only if it happened in other games.
It’s not the amount of players getting injuries in one game that’s the problem.
It’s if three players got injured in warm ups, early games in short succession that’d, for me, would indicate a training or warm up issue.
Could have just been a warmup issue on the day, no, rather than a regular thing?

I would guess warmups would change, depending on players’ general fitness thy week, level of training, etc?

Back