Call out for 'Boss' musicians

Bruce-Springsteen-the-stories-behind-the-songs-cleared-publicity-image.jpg

Is this someone with a guitar, or a band, playing solely Rangers songs?
Guitars only. Rangers songs only. Would be ideal to have a 'bank' of musicians as they tend to have bookings that can clash with our nights

Am I alone in wonder what the hell this means?
No, you are certainly not!
My first thought was it was something to do with Bruce and should have been posted in The Lounge. It would seem it's actually an attempt to arrange a gig where some guy with a guitar will sing Rangers songs on stage??
What the hell has the word 'boss' got to do with anything here?

Guitars only. Rangers songs only. Would be ideal to have a 'bank' of musicians as they tend to have bookings that can clash with our nights

Be interesting if you get it off the ground, good luck to you. Could be more in the market for folk to take their kid along to perhaps.

*Boss
I cannot do this without committed singer/guitarists. I have some possible. But need as many for a bank that I can rely on. If you are or know of any please PM me.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/the-rangers-boss-nights.73412/#post-3490356

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/boss-nights-liverpool.72017/

Alright mate. This is something I could contribute to. Without sounding like a total square though I do have questions.

Is the expectations to give it the %^*& the Pope and the IRA chat?. Being honest, Im all for a sing song amongst my pals. But to be fair, taking this on is not something I want to lose my job over after becoming a viral sensation after managing to fit Bobby Sands being deed into every second song.

Whats your audience you are aiming for?

Alright mate. This is something I could contribute to. Without sounding like a total square though I do have questions.

Is the expectations to give it the %^*& the Pope and the IRA chat?. Being honest, Im all for a sing song amongst my pals. But to be fair, taking this on is not something I want to lose my job over after becoming a viral sensation after managing to fit Bobby Sands being deed into every second song.

Whats your audience you are aiming for?
There are quite a posts on the 3 threads, but throughout them the thing which never waivers, is it's a night for Rangers fans, who are not wanting to chant all that stuff. That is what is making this different ( apart from the fact it's guitars only)

Pm me and I will let you know where we are

Why copy the scouse one by calling it something that is similar. Why not something like EOS or ESWF or 72.

I hope this turns out ok for you but the videos of the scousers are completely different to what we'd have. You would need to have a 100% no videoing rule for it to work and for bears to attend.

Been to plenty of loyalist doo's over the years where if you got your phone out your pocket your picking your teeth up on the way out.

Reactions: WBD
Why copy the scouse one by calling it something that is similar. Why not something like EOS or ESWF or 72.

I hope this turns out ok for you but the videos of the scousers are completely different to what we'd have. You would need to have a 100% no videoing rule for it to work and for bears to attend.

Been to plenty of loyalist doo's over the years where if you got your phone out your pocket your picking your teeth up on the way out.
There would be no need for a phone ban. As it will be Rangers songs only. No loyalist, FTP or whatever. It's just a night for Rangers fans to go along and celebrate the greatest club in the world!

Edit: I like your name suggestions

I hate people videoing things as much as anyone but you could argue if these are to take off a few videos of the night going on social media could really help this expand. The scousers ones have a crazy amount of views online and no doubt will have helped them grow.

It doesn't sound like its the sort of night there would be anything incriminating in the videos anyway.

There would be no need for a phone ban. As it will be Rangers songs only. No loyalist, FTP or whatever. It's just a night for Rangers fans to go along and celebrate the greatest club in the world!

You're kidding yourself on if there will be no loyalist or FTP involved. If you stood up on a stage and told people swallying not to sash it up you'd be laughed at.

Sound a bit brutal but its the truth bud.

You're kidding yourself on if there will be no loyalist or FTP involved. If you stood up on a stage and told people swallying not to sash it up you'd be laughed at.

Not kidding myself on. Anyone spouting that will be shown the door, they are not welcome.

The thing about this night, is it is offering some Rangers fans an option that is not there for them now. There are plenty out there for the FTP or whatever. If someone wants to jeopardise this for them, then they will be made to feel unwelcome. If I were not able to do one of these without the nonsense I wouldn't even think about doing another.

Last edited:
Not kidding myself on. Anyone spouting that will be shown the door, they are not welcome.

Well it won’t be the people on stage doing the performing spouting any FTP stuff or shite about a dead terrorist and the type of songs being sung anyone trying to bastardise the lyrics is going to look a complete imbecile and be ejected. It’s all about the Rangers!

Exactly the reason I would want to attend.
If you want a night of singing about the pope etc then there’s “sash bashes” for that.
This is specifically for RANGERS songs celebrating the club, our achievements and our players.

Right behind your stance on this WBD

Not going to happen that song

That's a bit drastic is it not?

On filming....I'd prefer to have a couple of people taking videos, photos etc.

Tell the Bears to put their phones away and to enjoy themselves, the content will follow soon after on social media, forums, etc.

That's a bit drastic is it not?

On filming....I'd prefer to have a couple of people taking videos, photos etc.

Tell the Bears to put their phones away and to enjoy themselves, the content will follow soon after on social media, forums, etc.
Not drastic, just think there will be better songs to sing than STB

There Are so many positives to come out of this I hope so much it kicks off and all the hard work proves worth it. As a club we have so much to celebrate and be proud of. I love a great sash bash but I know I would also love a complete Rangers night aswell.

Back