"We'll go to Ibrox
My son to watch the Rangers play
You never will forget this special day
He said, "One day you'll leave this world behind
So live a life you will remember."
My father told me when I was just a child
These are the nights that never die
My father told me

That’s Glasgow Rangers (That’s Entertainment)

Willie Henderson and Willie Johnston
Brian Laudrup ,Souness, Alan Morton
Davie Cooper, Gazza, Nacho Novo
Ian Durrant, and Ronald de Boer
That's entertainment
That's Glasgow Rangers

72 in Barcelona
Winning trebles over and over
Helicopter Sundays were oh so special
And the joy of 9 in a row
That's entertainment
That's Glasgow Rangers

Harold Davis and Bobby Shearer
Super Ally and Slim Jim Baxter
Dado Prso, Albertz, Bobby Russell
Ralphy Brand and Jimmy Millar
That's entertainment
That's Glasgow Rangers

A lot of songs that will need to be ditched.

I really do doff my cap to the lad for trying and hope it is a success, but I can't see it being, or I can see it turning into exactly what he doesn't want.

It doesn't matter where you are, you get a large group of bears together the Loyalist tunes come out, the add ons get sung and that happens everywhere.

As I say I hope he gets what he wants, but I can't see it happening at all how he thinks it will.

And let's be honest, calling it a Rangers night and not having that song as the OP is a bit like toast and jam without the jam.

I understand some people might not dig or enjoy the Loyalist element, but it is part of Rangers, and the vast majority of fans mindset and isn't going away anytime soon.
Please please please let me sing FTP please.

That’s not my intention at all mate I just don’t want this being derailed. As I said there’s plenty out there for the fans that want to sing the loyalist songs but there’s very little if anything at all for the fans that want to sing football songs new and old. Matches will always be a mix of both but one look at the boss nights videos and the atmospheres at Anfield over the past 2 seasons especially should give everyone an idea of what WBD is after and why we as a support need it.

If I understand this correctly, WBD, a big part of getting musicians involved is also to help with now song writing for Liverpool. To use these events to develop new chants and songs? If that’s the case, it’s also a good idea.

Lastly, on the point of loyalist type songs, I agree that nobody is saying that this type of event would be to replace that. It’s additional.

However, if people can’t see that serious musicians and entertainers trying to earn a living in the business won’t get involved with events that dip into terrorism and politics and sectarianism then they aren’t really thinking clearly enough. If these events are to attract professional musicians to get involved, some of the back catalogue needs to be excluded.

I still think it’s a great idea.

Come on feel the noise

So you are thinking that The Rangers died
Well I'll tell you something blue flags flying high, still flying high
We still the greatest and that is why
The blue flag is still flying
Still flying high, it will be flying high
For evermore woah woh

Cos we are the Billy boys
You'll know us by our noise
We go wild wild wild
We go wild wild wild
We are the Billy boys
You'll know us by our noise
We go wild wild wild
We go wild wild wild
Woah woh

So you thought the bears would disappear
Well you should know better, blue flags high, still flying high
We're all together and you know we're here
Can you hear us singing
The blue flags flying high, it will be flying high for
evermore woah woh
That's a good effort but if you are going to make it Rangers 'songs' only, you will need to change the billy boys

Reactions: WBD
If I understand this correctly, WBD, a big part of getting musicians involved is also to help with now song writing for Liverpool. To use these events to develop new chants and songs? If that’s the case, it’s also a good idea.

Lastly, on the point of loyalist type songs, I agree that nobody is saying that this type of event would be to replace that. It’s additional.

However, if people can’t see that serious musicians and entertainers trying to earn a living in the business won’t get involved with events that dip into terrorism and politics and sectarianism then they aren’t really thinking clearly enough. If these events are to attract professional musicians to get involved, some of the back catalogue needs to be excluded.

I think this can be a positive in so many ways. As I stated in a previous post asking me why or what made me want to do this. When watching Liverpool fans jumping about singing their hearts out, singing songs and celebrating the club that they adore. I thought, I would love to be part of something like that! But I never will be, unless it is organised, need to do it myself.

The topic that keeps cropping up is, can we really hold a night like this where Loyalist and paramilitary songs don't get aired? Hell yes, the people showing an interest in this want to be able to celebrate the greatest club in the world without distraction. Exactly how many will turn up remains to be seen. If we sell this out, it can be an ongoing thing. Let's see how it develops.

That's a good effort but if you are going to make it Rangers 'songs' only, you will need to change the billy boys
Funnily enough when I was playing it to my daughter that's what she said. And tbh I wondered if anyone else would suggest it. I didn't want to ask the question, I thought I'll leave it out there and see if anyone else thinks like she did. My opinion? The negative if the Billy boys is only the 19th Century Terrorist blood line, I always assumed Rangers fans were Billy boys. Interesting to know if any of the musicians would feel uncomfortable singing it and how others feel about it.

Couldn’t put it better really

I’m buzzing for this taking off I’m sick of the tims having catchy tunes for their players

Funnily enough when I was playing it to my daughter that's what she said. And tbh I wondered if anyone else would suggest it. I didn't want to ask the question, I thought I'll leave it out there and see if anyone else thinks like she did. My opinion? The negative if the Billy boys is only the 19th Century Terrorist blood line, I always assumed Rangers fans were Billy boys. Interesting to know if any of the musicians would feel uncomfortable singing it and how others feel about it.

I think ditch 19th Century Terrorist blood for anything not sectarian and it’s a winner

Reactions: WBD
I think this can be a positive in so many ways. As I stated in a previous post asking me why or what made me want to do this. When watching Liverpool fans jumping about singing their hearts out, singing songs and celebrating the club that they adore. I thought, I would love to be part of something like that! But I never will be, unless it is organised, need to do it myself.

The topic that keeps cropping up is, can we really hold a night like this where Loyalist and paramilitary songs don't get aired? Hell yes, the people showing an interest in this want to be able to celebrate the greatest club in the world without distraction. Exactly how many will turn up remains to be seen. If we sell this out, it can be an ongoing thing. Let's see how it develops.
Imo you’ll have no issues with attendance
There’s an appetite for this among all generations

Imo you’ll have no issues with attendance
There’s an appetite for this among all generations
Yes. I do agree. Very important to get a good mixture of songs so everyone is entertained. By that I mean the musicians can play songs they have performed before and get good reactions. This is something the Boss nights do

Agree and if these nights take off you can ‘Redefine’ songs like the TBB

The Billy Boys either stays in its original uncensored form or it doesn't get sung.

F.uck changing it to suit the perpetually offended.
He is talking about removing the Billy boys from my new song suggestion.

Just have to look at the latest Arfield number to see how catchy songs can take off.

Can’t wait for these nights to take off.

Just have to look at the latest Arfield number to see how catchy songs can take off.

Can’t wait for these nights to take off.
That poor lassie on Twitter
Wee American sitting posting on twitter about her Saturday night and gets inundated with Scotty Arfield :p

Anyone know any Celtic supporting musicians who would do this for the right price? :cool: It's not looking likely this is going ahead. Unless something dramatic happens:confused:

The lad Stephen Dean who sung those 2 songs Edmiston Drive and Majestic which are on YouTube is a very good singer and those 2 songs deserve more of an airing as they are absolutely perfect for this type of doo. There has got to be others in the support who are decent singers and play guitar who are up for this surely?

Back