Calling a Spade a Spade

Superrangers

I know there have been other threads about statements and the behaviour of the compliance officer but I wanted to ask a genuine question and one that would not be lost in amongst other comments on a statement thread or an actual punishment thread.

We are hated in our own land, we are the recipient of unfair treatment both on the pitch by officials and off the pitch by puppets.

Where is the problem in coming out and defending ourselves? Why are we frightened of standing up to our rivals and the authorities? We face unprecedented levels of inspection, unlike our opponents.

We face an unlevel playing field, where our players are cited, banned and vilified for relatively minor offences, compared to our opponents and Celtc in particular. See recent games where Power kicked one of our players in the head and Brown and Simunovic committed red card offences, while Burke commuted the worst dive ever seen in Scotland.

In the absence of parity, we need to take the gloves off. No more vague statements, no more alluding to stuff. Now we need to name players, clubs and offences directly. Where is the problem in so doing. We need to be coming out and saying ‘McGregor has been banned, yet Scott Brown has somehow escaped punishment for his assault on ...’

Time to take the gloves off.

I know there have been other threads about statements and the behaviour of the compliance officer but I wanted to ask a genuine question and one that would not be lost in amongst other comments on a statement thread or an actual punishment thread.

We are hated in our own land, we are the recipient of unfair treatment both on the pitch by officials and off the pitch by puppets.

Where is the problem in coming out and defending ourselves? Why are we frightened of standing up to our rivals and the authorities? We face unprecedented levels of inspection, unlike our opponents.

We face an unlevel playing field, where our players are cited, banned and vilified for relatively minor offences, compared to our opponents and Celtc in particular. See recent games where Power kicked one of our players in the head and Brown and Simunovic committed red card offences, while Burke commuted the worst dive ever seen in Scotland.

In the absence of parity, we need to take the gloves off. No more vague statements, no more alluding to stuff. Now we need to name players, clubs and offences directly. Where is the problem in so doing. We need to be coming out and saying ‘McGregor has been banned, yet Scott Brown has somehow escaped punishment for his assault on ...’

How was this allowed to happen - answer, over a period of time, by putting their own in select positions.

That is how organized poetdom operates.

Need to get organized against these fkpigs now.

How was this allowed to happen - answer, over a period of time, by putting their own in select positions.

That is how organized poetdom operates.

Need to get organized against these fkpigs now.
Mate, this is the truth. The extent to which they control things is unbelievable in a supposedly democratic country. They have a stranglehold over everything.

We need to finally waken up. This is restricting us as a club/business. Depriving us the ability to play players impedes our competitiveness and we are within our rights to surely go legal, given the disparity of treatment.

I’m in absolute agreement here. The clubs response to Shagger being cited should have been to instantly question why Simunovic wasn’t similarly cited?

If hivs had a backbone, they’d have done something very similar and questioned why brown’s yellow wasn’t reviewed when Johnson’s was? We could have backed them up and asked why Fergusons yellow wasn’t reviewed either.

Similarly, where was Clarke last Thursday? Strange he had no comment to make about Burke diving?

Basically, I think I’d rather the club paid the fines for naming and shaming offenders in every match in our domestic competitions until the message gets across to authorities and msm that a level playing field is what we expect from that point forward.

I’m in absolute agreement here. The clubs response to Shagger being cited should have been to instantly question why Simunovic wasn’t similarly cited?

If hivs had a backbone, they’d have done something very similar and questioned why brown’s yellow wasn’t reviewed when Johnson’s was? We could have backed them up and asked why Fergusons yellow wasn’t reviewed either.

Similarly, where was Clarke last Thursday? Strange he had no comment to make about Burke diving?

Basically, I think I’d rather the club paid the fines for naming and shaming offenders in every match in our domestic competitions until the message gets across to authorities and msm that a level playing field is what we expect from that point forward.
Totally agree. We need to call out the injustices and if the domestic authorities are unwilling to act, then we need to take the matter to UEFA.

While I agree with the op .they run the show simple as that.we can take the gloves off all we want but who are we complaining to .The simple answer is the people who hate us and unfortunately they are the people in power.

While I agree with the op .they run the show simple as that.we can take the gloves off all we want but who are we complaining to .The simple answer is the people who hate us and unfortunately they are the people in power.

We complain to anyone and everyone, whether they’re listening or not. Highlight every offence that occurs in the domestic competitions that we compete in, because every one of them could, potentially, affect us. Get the message out at every possible opportunity that we are highlighting stuff simply to ensure that every team is treated the same. Eventually it will go beyond this republican run hellhole and people will sit up and take notice. I know that there will be those within our support who will ask why we are acting like them, but, if that’s what it takes to remove their insidious influence from the authorities, so be it.

By creating a major stink, we at least have the chance of highlighting it to other clubs in Scotland, England and beyond.
Think most clubs in Scotland know what's going on .We are not the first Scottish club to complain about this.the main problem we have is the people in charge sorry I rephrase that the people Celtic have put in charge.until we remove them and the Celtic influence from the sofa ECT then we can shout as much as we want .It won,t change anything.

We complain to anyone and everyone, whether they’re listening or not. Highlight every offence that occurs in the domestic competitions that we compete in, because every one of them could, potentially, affect us. Get the message out at every possible opportunity that we are highlighting stuff simply to ensure that every team is treated the same. Eventually it will go beyond this republican run hellhole and people will sit up and take notice. I know that there will be those within our support who will ask why we are acting like them, but, if that’s what it takes to remove their insidious influence from the authorities, so be it.
There lies the problem mate the removing of the scrums influence in the sfa,spfl ect.the rest of the club's seem happy enough to let the scum run Scottish football.

I think we're truly fecked, at no time in all my days as a Rangers fan have I felt so worried and helpless as to what is happening in the game today. I fear Steven Gerrard and his players will develop a 'Ach fuk it what's the point' attitude.
The rest of the clubs in Scotland are revelling in the fact that only one team in the country will dominate as opposed to two.
Aberdeen for example have made it to Hampden under McInnes almost as much as what Sir Alex Ferguson did back in their glory days. The difference then was they won trophies, nowadays all that matters to their fans is beating Rangers, while losing finals to the scum is acceptable to them!
Hibs under Lennon were doing well and he and his hordes celebrated a 5-5 draw which meant nothing in terms of them finishing higher than fourth but meant we wouldn't finish 2nd...the hatred was evident, weird or what?
The incident where Lennon was hit by a coin directly on his padded jacket where he rolled about the ground holding his face sent out a message to his own players - "our boss is a f*ckin clown" they lost any respect they had for the man as a manager in an instant proved by the sudden loss of form and results which followed that pantomime.
When he lost that dressing room he lost the plot completely! Btw, remember our First Minister Sturgeon paid tribute to him by describing him as showing "great dignity" when the nut job mentioned 'racism'? His players didn't think so, they aren't daft, they saw it all.
Hibs got sick of him, suspended him, then we got fed a big portion of shite saying he left the club under friendly terms...aye, my granny has started attending disco clubs.

When Rangers skelped Separate Entity on the 29th of December the panic button was pressed, their placemen in the media suddenly realised our threat and cranked up their concern to DEFCON 1.
If the club speak out the response is a fine, do it again and the fine will be higher. We are truly fecked!

My hope is our management and players take this as an insult and react accordingly on the football park, make us more determined to squash this vermin into submission.

No matter how many obstacles are put in our way we need to beat them on the pitch, beat them & beat them again - this will make a huge difference to how the support feel.

Having said that.....we do appear to be friendless, and the rise of SNP has also provided haters across the country with another vehicle to attack us. We are also coming across as a soft touch, with everyone having a go at us from every angle possible. Even today I noticed the likes of Duncan Shearer & Tommy Wright publicly backing the McGregor & Morelos bans - whilst not overly surprising, is there anyone left who hasn't been asked to comment on us?

As regards our statements, as far as I can recall they have had virtually no impact on anything, in many cases have been very poorly worded, are given very little prominence in the anti-Rangers media - which is now virtually every media outlet in the country - and are now routinely mocked as in "not another statement from Rangers, what are they like" without anyone paying attention to the content. The 3 guys we publicly went after have emerged unscathed IMO - MacLennan is still in position, Hughes went but without a stain as he "stood down"with a glowing tribute, & Collum will still be reffing our games.

I think it's great having Gerrard as our manager, and he is a class act at pressers & interviews, but even so I think I would actually prefer if he was less even handed in his comments because we simply do not get the same courtesy in return.

Where the ruling bodies are concerned, perhaps we are beavering away behind the scenes influencing things, building bridges, continuously on the case of Maxwell & Doncaster, trying to effect change, forming alliances, asserting an authority that befits our club and so on, but there seems very little evidence of it, so I doubt it, and in our board rep Stewart Robertson, I simply don't think he is the type of aggressive & powerful MD that we need to fight our corner at the highest level.

By creating a major stink, we at least have the chance of highlighting it to other clubs in Scotland, England and beyond.

Unfortunately England and beyond has no relevance here.....they can be sympathetic but unable or willing to do anything.

As for here, every club is effective gagged by the liewell SFA......lets be honest, what countries FA allows the chairman of a prominent club to sit on the board making decisions - yeah cos impartiality is definitely in flow over at ScumFA headquarters!

The biggest thing that could happen is to go after the SFA and have it run by people with no affiliations to ANY club.

In Scotland we are seen as a paranoid wreck. How would we be seen in England?? My take is if this evidence was taken to a proper journalist then the whole of Scottish football would be shown up for the absolute mess that it is. I actually feel embarrassed with some of the decisions over the past week or so. Better decisions are made at amateur level than this at the top

Yes time to call a pape a pape.

Great post mate,dignified silence has and will cost us now and in the future.
Fighting fire with fire is the only option left open to our cause.

We shouldn't need to take our gloves off and if we do we will just be mocked by all and sundry.

I have always thought we do well in not raising to it and let us make our statement on the pitch even if we ridiculously reduced to 10men or less and clear goals chopped off.

We didn't want to become like bloody 'pool fans

Nobody likes us, that feels good

Just to get back to this main question -- something that many of us have been baffled by for some time now -- where IS the problem in defending ourselves ?
There's at least one other thread on here about the rise of anti-Rangers feelings in Scotland in recent years -- the inactions of our Board to consistently defend Club, players and fans have directly contributed to that.

Oddly enough, on the last Bear Pit board, I recall a newish poster suggesting that a new owner of Rangers could do worse than starting up a newspaper ... and getting pelters for it.
I am not so sure anymore that this isn't that bad a suggestion.
Certainly some printed material for those who never use the net (and there's a load out there who never go online) might be a thought, whether it's a paper or something else.

In the meantime, although we have no friendly influential MSM sources (although with SG on board I suspect if we REALLY applied ourselves professionally to feeding the right journos with the right info we'd win through) -- we still have match day programmes, and the Ibrox screens, RTV, the Club's Facebook & Twitter pages.
Every home game, these should all carry the facts about what's happened -- stills of studs-up tackles, videos of elbows flying, recaps of sendings-off that should not have been.
If we are also able to show relevant events that happened to our matchday opponents, that might be a start to gathering their reluctant support against the current beneficiaries of Scottish football.

Also, as a poster above mentions, whilst it may start sounding like whining, our pressers should be littered with direct references to recent assaults and cheats that we have been subjected to.
SG is already being accused by the Scottish press pack of being a whinger so imo he has little to lose on this.

There s a but here.If we do this then the club will have to be very clever in the way things are worded. As more and more charges will be brought against us.In a way i wouldn't really give a damm as long as we get our points across.

I agree with the sentiments in the post but could we possibly have the thread title changes to something a bit less overtly racist.
I know the OP did not intend it this way but for anyone looking in it does not look good at all.

I think we're truly fecked, at no time in all my days as a Rangers fan have I felt so worried and helpless as to what is happening in the game today. I fear Steven Gerrard and his players will develop a 'Ach fuk it what's the point' attitude.
The rest of the clubs in Scotland are revelling in the fact that only one team in the country will dominate as opposed to two.

Think you need to calm down a bit mate. Remember 2012 and the threat that was hanging over us then.

I have been going to Rangers games since 1981 - there are many on here who have been going much longer then me and ever since I started going to matches Rangers fans and fans of other clubs have complained about refs and decisions and of the system being against them.

Hatred towards Rangers and our players has always been there - Souness, the English players, Mark Walters, Durrant, Mo Johnston, Hateley, Goram, Gascoigne, Ricksen, Novo, Lafferty, Morelos. Not saying for a second that this is OK - just highlighting that this is not a new thing in the current SNP controlled Scotland - it has always been there.

Before Souness arrived - Alex Ferguson had the media and refs practically bowing before him as he convinced everyone there was a west coast bias and how his Aberdeen team was fighting it.

Refs have always given shitty decisions against us and other clubs and it will continue although I do hope video evidence will help with this.

The issue we have today is this compliance officer role, the process or reviewing incidents and trial by media.

Most top flight clubs have complained about it - even the filth(laughably as I agree they are least affected by this). There is no need to go all guns blazing publicly about this - this can be handled privately by the club.

I think there is a need for calm heads and patience here. The tide is turning – the scum know it and they are desperate.

Sense like this will be met with accusations of paranoia.
Not the Rangers way....seemingly we have to have a Presbyterian attitude of head down and get on with it.
We laugh about them playing the vicTim card but in actual fact theyve played a blinder. No players cited in years by CO. Pulling the strings at SPFL and SFA. Threats to refs and they get a summit and fine.
Time we got a grip and as a club and support unite and fight fire with fire. Time for dignified silences and bridge building to end.

can we honestly say,we as a community really care enough,, the answer sadly seems to be a resounding no,, ,we can mump and moan, we can come on places like this and open up on how unfair it all is,, we can talk to each other when we meet about how downtrodden and sinned again we are,,but will we get off our arses and do anything about ,,answers on a postcard please,,, truth is ,we have it within our grasp to fight back and cleanse the country and goings on within it,,we all have had within ourselves,, but its clear we have no desire nor inclination to fight back,,,we would rather some one else done it for us,, we can laugh and mock the mentally challengeds all we like,, but they unlike us played the game,got involved ( over decades) and now are reaping their rewards,,we are no threat whatsover to them ,and they know it,, and every single one of us is to blame for that

This would create no change whatsoever. I'd have little interest in receiving equivalent information from a club in England.

The only thing that would make some sort of change is harnessing the widespread and unanimous disaffection felt across the country towards the SFA. It is the one thing that every football fan in the country can agree upon, and they can't all be wrong.

Back