Callum Hudson-Odoi

jackstar

I cannot wait until the bubble bursts down there. People talk about it being the best league in the world, but it’s far from it imo. Yes, it may well be the richest, but in terms of entertainment it’s probably not even top 5.
Let's be honest,the foreigners that are playing in that league are doing it for money and not love of the English league,if it wasn't for them it would be like the Championship or the old first division. So many meaningless games and so many shitty super Sundays.

Bob Belcher

Official Ticketer
I beg to differ, the entertainment in the EPL can be woeful,try watching Burnley v SheffUtd or Everton v West Ham and tell me it’s entertaining.
Everton v Wolves the other day on paper doesn't sound like much but it was excellent. There are duff teams in every league. I went to see Hertha vs Fortuna Dusseldorf last year and it was dog-shit, but that doesn't mean that the Bundesliga's crap overall.

TylerB

Couldn't care less about the Premier League in many regards but some of the comments here come across as just extremely salty and bitter. It's almost embarrassing.

TylerB

He will be a top player if he keeps his head down, England have a ridiculous amount of decent young players coming through
One of my best mates is English, though she lives up here and I'm doing my very best to convert her. But she's obsessed with football and very knowledgeable. People mostly mention the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Sancho... But there's also a pool below that, that will be coming through over the next couple of years. Greenwood, Brewster, Nelson, Angel Gomes, Willock, to name but a few, If just half of them fulfil their potential, England are going to have one very good and exciting team, no matter how bad they might be at the back. I think they will also be massively entertaining to watch for any neutral.

Prometheus

I know it’s all about viewing figures, but how many EPL clubs are actually attracting the viewers? Four? Five? Six?
It pisses me off to see nothing clubs like Bournemouth, Watford and Sheffield United being able to spend ridiculous amounts of millions on players simply because they’ve managed to scramble into the top league for a couple of years to be cannon fodder for the clubs people actually want to watch.
Aren't we aiming every year to get into the CL for relatively similar reasons?