Callum Hudson-Odoi

I cannot wait until the bubble bursts down there. People talk about it being the best league in the world, but it’s far from it imo. Yes, it may well be the richest, but in terms of entertainment it’s probably not even top 5.
Out of curiosity,who would be your top 5 leagues ahead of the premiership ?

I cannot wait until the bubble bursts down there. People talk about it being the best league in the world, but it’s far from it imo. Yes, it may well be the richest, but in terms of entertainment it’s probably not even top 5.
But will it? Amazon etc could be the next platform to seriously bid for games and then there’s is the Asian tv channels that may pour more money into it

Stupid money but funded by the TV deal.

I heard someone on TalkSport yesterday say that Huddersfield got more TV money last season than either Juventus or Bayern. That’s bonkers. And you can only guess the difference to us then :oops:

Just read that Man Utd are apparently considering offering £90m for Declan Rice aswell.

I just laugh now at the money being chucked about down there.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so sickening.

90 million on Rice, meanwhile 1 30th of that would have saved Bury.

The Premier league pays extreme wages and bloated fees and just two divisions down clubs aren't getting ahh benefit of the revenue.

Some people would have you believe that it trickles down and is great for English football. Its not great for English football, its greys for the Premier league and to an extent the championship, and even then clubs spend beyond their means to trying to chase a spot in the big money league and crippling themselves in the process.

Folk have been saying this about the bubble bursting for about 20 years now

Broadcasters are outbidding one another for the product.

This is just an offshoot of that. He's a good player with bags of potential.

I have no issues with the money going to the players rather than fat cat directors etc however the paying fan is screwed.

For us this season to watch rangers games you would need subs to sky sports bt sports and premier sports. I'm guessing that's close to 100 quid a month.

It's getting beyond a joke

Bayern were linked with a 25 million Euro bid for him....

It is about his worth - it's not that mad, i mean it's like 13 years sign Arsenal sign Walcott, this sort of thing has been going on for fucken ages now.

The ‘bubble bursting’ in the EPL is one of the most laughable phrases ever, folk have been talking about this for decades, the reality is it’s a lifetime away from happening, as long as football is popular then the bubble ain’t bursting down there.

What’s going to make the bubble burst?

why do english teams even bother charging fans? they could let fans in for nothing and wouldnt notice the missing spare change
An example Bournemouth 8 thousand season tickets 4 to 5 million in ticket sales. TV revenue 120 million you are right they could let the fans in free.

Just read that Man Utd are apparently considering offering £90m for Declan Rice aswell.

I just laugh now at the money being chucked about down there.
Someone will be along to justify it in a minute. They paid a fair price for Harry McGuire according to a few guys on here :D

If I was a young lad starting out playing football. I'd be out every single day playing and practising trying to impress scouts. What a career that would be if you made it properly.

Seen this lad play a couple of years ago for Chelsea U18s, and he was sensational. He'll go all the way imo.

It really is absolutely shite that we missed out on the phenomenal riches that go along with the EPL. If we had caught that wave years ago we would have been an absolute powerhouse by now with our fan base and the money at stake. It’s beyond shite that these Welsh clubs (who are absolute turds in comparison to us) get involved and we don’t.
The gulf just gets greater and greater, there is us let’s be honest shitting it spending a few million on a player when there are clubs in England blowing £80m on Harry Maguire, £20m on Oli Mcburnie, £45m on Siggurdson it absolutely beggars belief, who would ever thought that a shitty outfit like Sheffield United would be outspending us 30 years ago.

If tv companies end up losing money due to illegal streaming then they will not want to keep pay fortunes for the rights
One day the companies will be able to stop that and at that point Amazon will blow Sky out the water for full rights.

He will be a top player if he keeps his head down, England have a ridiculous amount of decent young players coming through

I know it’s all about viewing figures, but how many EPL clubs are actually attracting the viewers? Four? Five? Six?
It pisses me off to see nothing clubs like Bournemouth, Watford and Sheffield United being able to spend ridiculous amounts of millions on players simply because they’ve managed to scramble into the top league for a couple of years to be cannon fodder for the clubs people actually want to watch.

That may be your opinion, but it’s wrong.

La Liga is technically superior.
Serie A is tactically superior.

The Premiership is superior when it comes to entertainment.
I beg to differ, the entertainment in the EPL can be woeful,try watching Burnley v SheffUtd or Everton v West Ham and tell me it’s entertaining.

Let's be honest,the foreigners that are playing in that league are doing it for money and not love of the English league,if it wasn't for them it would be like the Championship or the old first division. So many meaningless games and so many shitty super Sundays.

I beg to differ, the entertainment in the EPL can be woeful,try watching Burnley v SheffUtd or Everton v West Ham and tell me it’s entertaining.

Everton v Wolves the other day on paper doesn't sound like much but it was excellent. There are duff teams in every league. I went to see Hertha vs Fortuna Dusseldorf last year and it was dog-shit, but that doesn't mean that the Bundesliga's crap overall.

Couldn't care less about the Premier League in many regards but some of the comments here come across as just extremely salty and bitter. It's almost embarrassing.

He will be a top player if he keeps his head down, England have a ridiculous amount of decent young players coming through

One of my best mates is English, though she lives up here and I'm doing my very best to convert her. But she's obsessed with football and very knowledgeable. People mostly mention the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Sancho... But there's also a pool below that, that will be coming through over the next couple of years. Greenwood, Brewster, Nelson, Angel Gomes, Willock, to name but a few, If just half of them fulfil their potential, England are going to have one very good and exciting team, no matter how bad they might be at the back. I think they will also be massively entertaining to watch for any neutral.

I know it’s all about viewing figures, but how many EPL clubs are actually attracting the viewers? Four? Five? Six?
It pisses me off to see nothing clubs like Bournemouth, Watford and Sheffield United being able to spend ridiculous amounts of millions on players simply because they’ve managed to scramble into the top league for a couple of years to be cannon fodder for the clubs people actually want to watch.

Aren't we aiming every year to get into the CL for relatively similar reasons?

Back