Callum McGregor £25m to Leicester- The Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many will disagree but personally think the mentally challengeds would be nowhere near where they are in league and Europe without him in their team.
Few mates follow that mob. They reckon he is the main man there. Tbh in todays market they could well get about £20m for him. Look at some of the prices for players down south, it is mad.

It's 2020 mate, information warfare is how things work.

Talking up their players value is what helps them achieve getting the fees they do.

If you believe that someone will pay £25m for a player based on The Sun saying it, fair enough.

I could not disagree more.

The usual meltdown ensues...

Anyone who gets worked up about rumours of them selling players for big money, or actually believes that newspapers decide the value of players are a good few sandwiches short of a picnic

Every time without fail the usual suspects are in here absolutely fuming over Timmy transfer stories :D

tenor.gif

It's 2020 mate, information warfare is how things work.

Talking up their players value is what helps them achieve getting the fees they do.
Lol...

Mate with all the data available in world football, if you think football clubs from the biggest, richest league on the planet are looking at Scottish newspapers to see how much a footballer is worth then you actually have something wrong with you

Their PR/Marketing dept. - shit hot.
We are miles behind them in that regard.
We've been saying it on here for years, nothing appears to have changed.

If there’s one ugly face I hate looking at, it’s his. Now I know how my dad felt whenever he saw Frank McGarvey.

If you believe that someone will pay £25m for a player based on The Sun saying it, fair enough.

I could not disagree more.

This is just the start of it, next up will be Hartson on talksport, then Sutton on BT, then take your pick from BBC Scotland.

That's how you set the narrative, they do it for a reason.

This is just the start of it, next up will be Hartson on talksport, then Sutton on BT, then take your pick from BBC Scotland.

That's how you set the narrative, they do it for a reason.

I don't care how many people say it.

Clubs have a whole scouting system. They do not base what they pay for players on what is said in tabloid newspapers.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Is this the touting of players started again?, more money needed for potential compensation payments perhaps.

Big question is though, will Brenda get his cut?

Guess it was too obvious to do it directly so needed Arsenal as a middle man.

Edit: sleepy time for me. Seen the £25m and jumped the gun without reading properly. I was assuming that this was about Tierney, not McGregor doh!!!!

Last edited:
Arsenal apparently raging with the rent boy and his constant injuries, been in the English media all week.
The word is there trying to punt him to Leicester.
Would be surprised if English clubs would be taken for mugs again.

he aint nothing special, i would take a guess that he will be with that mob until the end of his career
another paul mcstay if you ask me

He’s a good player if a team bids big then fair enough, btw %^*& the sun and the media scum bags to a man.

I think that's the paper trying to talk his price up, it seems to work for them usually. He is a decent player, your instinct tells you he isn't worth that but Tierney wasn't worth what they got for him and I didn't think Van Dijk was at the time but he's gone on to prove me wrong in fairness.

Surely not? Mental if true. Not going to lie and say he’s utter shite but never close to that price.

He’s not utter shite but he’s nowhere near a top six EPL standard! Eduoard is a good player but I honestly don’t think any of their other players are better than average. Forster is their 2nd best player and you could take your pick for third. They are all Johnny Hayes ffs.

It makes our failings this season even more frustrating as talent wise Aribo, Hagi, Kent etc are a level above anyone else they have.

I‘d love to get them in Europe as I think we could batter them over two legs with the world watching!

Last edited:
Given Leicester’s current league position this signing doesn’t make sense. Whilst he could easily play for many of the lower teams would have thought they’d be looking for more quality

The usual meltdown ensues...

Anyone who gets worked up about rumours of them selling players for big money, or actually believes that newspapers decide the value of players are a good few sandwiches short of a picnic

Every time without fail the usual suspects are in here absolutely fuming over Timmy transfer stories :D
The selling club sets the value.

who do you think paid a shill to have that article published

He's a decent player but a £25m player he is not. Even by English Premiership standards - since they just chuck money at even very average players. I also severely doubt it would take even that to prise him away from Celtic.

They are price conditioning the market for their player and they are particularly good at it .

been doing it for years now

Many will disagree but personally think the mentally challengeds would be nowhere near where they are in league and Europe without him in their team.

I couldn't comment on other games, and I said during the summer that I'd have rather he had been sold than the pluke, but hes not been outstanding in the 3 games against us so far, I've no doubt he's one of their better players but £25mill is laughable.

I hope he goes and they buy more guys like boli, klimala, bayo, soro, kouasi, shed, arzani, Taylor ect ect their signings last couple of years have been abysmal and if they let their best go and keep signing duds then that's good for us.

McGregor and Edouard are easily their 2 best players, is it really beyond the realms of fantasy that a former manager would want to buy a former player, a player he thinks is one of the best he has ever worked with?

I don’t know why folk get so worked up about it, if McGregor is sold, the filth will not accept anything less than 25 million and they will get that no problem.

I don’t think he’s happy there with popcorn teeth in charge, hence being touted as being up for sale.

He’s an above average championship player at best, as he has never shone against half decent euro teams or even diddy international sides.

He strikes me as a wee shitebag who would crumble under pressure, something he’s never had, playing predominantly in a one team league up until a few years ago.

The more of their winners leave, the better tbh. They have the winners mentality and that’s all they have over us.

They seem to have this ability to achieve msssive trsnsfer fees fot their players, something we must stsrt to replicate.

We all scoffed last summer at the quoted £25m for Tierney but Scum stuck to their guns, insisting on not a penny less as well as it all paid in one installment.

Don't think McGregor is worth £25m but nowadays, in the big scheme of things, it is not even a reasonably sized fee as far as EPL clubs are concerned. IMHO he is the one Scum player who has never replicated his club form at international level, poor in most Scotland games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back