Calm Down

Bighuggybear

In nearly sixty years following us,I have seen every good side we have had having a bad dip in form during a season.
We are slagging the loanies in midfield now,a few weeks ago we wanted to spend millions on them at the next transfer window.
We are definitely not getting the breaks just now plus our young players struggling with the amount of high pressure games.
I believe the boss is building a side to be proud off but time and money is our enemy just now.
I am as fickle as the next supporter wanting instant success but I remember when we had multi million pound players who still struggled against inferior players.
The last two games I’m sure the opposition each had one attempt on our goal which resulted in goals,amazing stat,breaks other end we need but they’ll come wait and see.

Totally agree with you mate, we have got to give Gerrard a couple of seasons, we can't keep wanting to change managers if they don't have instant success , Sir Alex would have never got the time he did when he took over Man U now .

This team can play really well at times
But
Also really bad

That’s the thing for me
Can’t put my finger on why ,I’m leaning towards the tinkering of teams weekly

Someone on here will know
How many times we’ve actually played the same side in a row

Struggled at every away ground so far
Crazy

Agreed mate but today was so so dire you can’t really blame the meltdown on the board.

If anything, it’s not as bad as I expected.

In nearly sixty years following us,I have seen every good side we have had having a bad dip in form during a season.
We are slagging the loanies in midfield now,a few weeks ago we wanted to spend millions on them at the next transfer window.
We are definitely not getting the breaks just now plus our young players struggling with the amount of high pressure games.
I believe the boss is building a side to be proud off but time and money is our enemy just now.
I am as fickle as the next supporter wanting instant success but I remember when we had multi million pound players who still struggled against inferior players.
The last two games I’m sure the opposition each had one attempt on our goal which resulted in goals,amazing stat,breaks other end we need but they’ll come wait and see.
Drama Queens gotta drama.. :rolleyes:

We go from famine to feast. One day we banging goals in or battling to beat Hearts next we’re struggling to score against 10 men. Our form is up and down, if we can just get a consistent run. I’m not at panic stations right enough.

C

Choose best of what we have and stick with it. End off
So what exactly is best of what we have..? Worral was great against Villareal in Spain but apparently he's shit. Katic hasn't been immune from criticism and neither has Goldson.

We have a squad and Gerrard tries to rotate it to keep everyone fresh. Would anyone at all even have raised an eyebrow if we'd won 3-1 today the way we should have..?

Last edited:
I'm with the OP on this. I've been following since 1965 and take the good with the bad but I am still a supporter. Yes I get annoyed and frustrated at times but that's what football is all about. And I agree that we will come good and it will be with this gaffer. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but I prefer my support of Rangers to be exactly that - support.

No matter what I still think he is the guy for us. Today and Aberdeen were killers but we have faired well I'm Europe.

The game in Austria will be the 1 that decides if we go through or out, imho I don't feel confident and it has nothing to do with the last 2 games as I think they are a tidy team who started the group bad. We should have 6 more points in the group as both Moscow games we should have won but the players fucked it on both. But overall and looking back not many expected us to get past round 2.

Nobody hits full meltdown more than me, but looking back and overall I still believe we are much better than what I was expecting. It does piss me off a bit because with game like the semi final, the last 2 and the Moscow games we should have won them, had you said that last season you would have had to have been mental or on drugs. If I was given the position we are in as an option at the start I would have bitten your hand for it.

I think Gerrard and McAllister can see the problems and will want it sorted, both of them were the type of player we are crying out for.

Agree mate

Just posted in another thread we've got the same number of points/games as advocaats first season

We're having to deal with a rampant Celtic this time around which is clouding judgement

I think our biggest problem is we are not a "free scoring" side.We rely on our goals coming from the same players in the same areas .Teams know this and are allowing us to shuttle the ball out wide while they pick up our Striker in the box waiting for the hopeful cross.We have no threat from midfield,Little threat from the wide areas and our conversion rates from set pieces is also poor.Even our greatest teams played shit at places like Dundee but you could bet on a 30yard screamer or a winger cutting inside and launching one ,or a Gough Or Butcher getting on the end of a cross.Not this team though.

Agree mate

Just posted in another thread we've got the same number of points/games as advocaats first season

We're having to deal with a rampant Celtic this time around which is clouding judgement

A rampant Celtic. Ffs ! And the usual thread that appears after every shocking display in order to nueter the deserved criticism that follows.
Enough of the excuses. Ive heard them all since 2012 and they dont hold water.

Maybe you could take your head out of your arse long enough to look at the League table..?
The league table could effectively be over come the new year.

Do you honestly see us getting anything from them?

That team does not strike fear into any of our opponents

I think everybody is too quick to right off our season theres still over 5 months of football to play we are only going through a bit of a rough patch right now we will come through it imo

I do see us getting something out of them. I saw it when I watched the 1st half v Spartak at Ibrox. Just the speed of thought and passing against a team who came to have a go.

Celtic won't sit back and that's where we could get real joy..

I do see us getting something out of them. I saw it when I watched the 1st half v Spartak at Ibrox. Just the speed of thought and passing against a team who came to have a go.

Celtic won't sit back and that's where we could get real joy..
Really hope your right

Agree mate

We're two points behind a "rampant Celtc".

We're on track.

Actually, we're doing better than I could have hoped for.

Very content, here.

A rampant Celtic. Ffs ! And the usual thread that appears after every shocking display in order to nueter the deserved criticism that follows.

They went a season undefeated and have won the last 7 trophies. Even when we were out the division they were heavy pish. They have stepped up massively since we came back in

It depends what Rangers shows up.

We're up and down atm because we lack quality in certain areas, which should improve over time with better additions, but on our day, of course, we can beat them.

Our kryptonite is a team sitting in, Celtic won't do that.

The mental attitude of this team isn’t right. Something is missing on that front.

We are a decent team but it’s almost as if the Hearts game (backed up by the manager and his staff’s reaction at full time), was seen as some sort of pinnacle. The 2 games following, where we had the opportunity to put a market down, have been so flat and devoid of any cutting edge.

We need to get it into our heads pronto that nothing is won in December and that the hearts performance is the benchmark that we need for the next 20 games.

We sort that, then we have a chance.

Need to hope hibs show up and beat them at the weekend and we Beat Hamilton. Then we will go back to top. If we can't beat Hamilton we may as well chuck it! Lol

Well said mate.

They are now league leaders after beating the league leader 5-1, that's pretty rampant to me.

Back