Calum Butcher accepts three-game ban

BlueMeanie

CALUM BUTCHER has accepted his violent conduct charge for his challenge on David Turnbull and will serve a three-game ban.

Referee Don Robertson booked the midfielder for the tackle which SunSport's Kris Boyd reckoned could have seriously injured the Hoops star.

The compliance officer reviewed the footage and slapped the 30-year-old with the charge which he has opted not to contest.

Butcher returned from a two-game ban in the defeat to Celtic at Tannadice.

Having crossed the disciplinary threshold, his ban has been increased to three games.

He now misses this weekend's Livingston clash followed by an away trip at Rangers.

And he'll have time off at Christmas too, missing the Boxing Day home tie with Hibs.

3 game ban! Has anyone got a clip of this? Seems harsh.

Not sure what’s uglier, the tackle or Turnbulls face

NINTCHDBPICT000698500268.jpg

Shocker of a tackle that was a red all day long and deserving of a 3 match ban, but I don't like the fact that the referee has seen it and booked him for it - another shocker - yet he's STILL being retrospectively punished.

The referee should be demoted to the Championship for 3 matches for his role in the farce.

I'm not even getting into the fact that there's been other incidents 'only' punished with a booking but no retrospective action taken 'because the referee seen it and made his decision there and then'. The SPFL rules are being twisted and amended as they go along. Shambles of an organisation.

Violent conduct not a bit of an odd description? I'd say more dangerous play / endangering an opponent.

Either way, shocker of a challenge and a deserved ban.
The article is wrong. It was a Serious Foul Play charge, not Violent Conduct.

Reactions: TN8
Was this not his first game back after a previous red card? Shouldn’t be near a football pitch imo!

Meh, I can’t bring myself to be outraged that a scum player got halfed, bad tackle, couldn’t care less if it was worse, they’d be loving it if it was Morelos on the receiving end.

Only good thing is it means united are missing a player against us which is good.

Scum player hits scum player, scum player gets banned to face the famous.
Win

Butcher is a liability. He's like Porteous but without the self-control. He'd be a nailed on red card if he played us so I'm calling this as an effort to help them yet again.

Dundee Utd player basically dropped his knickers, got utterly pumped and thanked them for the pleasure. No push back from the club. Shameful.

Back