Calum McGregor admitting their failings

Kilsyth Unionist

This chat about their players not liking Lennon - not sure that has really shown over the last two seasons. Yes they have not been overly impressive to watch (particularly against us) but they have still ground out the results. We need to remember this and ensure that this season ends differently.

It does appear that we have a more impressive footballing setup (coaching team, director of football etc) which is quite astonishing given the last 8 years (and may well explain why we are now out performing them in Europe - again, incredible given where we have been).
Theyve got brave John Kennedy who will be on a pittance.
He will end up like that auld cant John Clark , be kept around for years as he s the cheap option.
And of course the right religion.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
The only filth player who looked like he wanted to win yesterday.
It reminded me of the 5-0 we took a few seasons back, you could tell looking at our players before kick off that they'd already accepted defeat.

jamcl_jamcl

Another thing they got wrong was not using a multi-ball system. They obviously thought they could take the lead and waste time at throw-ins but it back-fired on them, if this was their thinking.
This was pretty noticeable. As much as their fans were full of bravado and hubris, I think their management team were worried prior to the match. They didn't want an in form Rangers team flying at them at a high tempo, this and the crappy crowd noise were I think designed to throw us off our stride. As you say, backfired.

SpikeRFC

Most overrated player in Scotland.

A flat track bully. Not deserving of his starting place in the national team.
The most overrated player in Scotland is McGregor's midfield teammate. The bald one, who never has an opposition player within 15 yards of him, and when he does get closed down, gives the ball away constantly.

Chris the Bandito

If we were going to lose yesterday without Eduard in their team he was the guy who would have had to win it for them.

He’s been by far their best player in the games we’ve beaten them recently. However his form is poor this season and yesterday he was pretty much anonymous which was a big reason we were so comfortable.

More kudos to Kamara and Davis that he never had any chance to make an impact

wee bud's pit boots

Surely your finishing with that comment?

McGregor is a good player he may not be the 100000m player the media make out but to say he’s over rated is a nonsense.

he is generally honest in his assessment of things as well (that will be his Rangers supporting upbringing)

McGregor is a good player he may not be the 100000m player the media make out but to say he’s over rated is a nonsense.

You've just contradicted yourself there.

Ross_

Official Ticketer

You've just contradicted yourself there.

how exactly!? I think he’s a good player - I don’t think he is worth 30m the media seem to peddle out every so often - but because he’s not a 30m player doesn’t mean he’s not good.

to emphasise I think Glen Kamara is a fantastic footballer - I don’t think he’s worth 30m either

biodoc

“Credit to Rangers as they changed their game-plan. Every week we see them with their two full-backs really high but they sat in and protected the middle of the pitch.

“They did their homework as well and we have to be honest in that sense.”

Considering we’ve done the exact same thing in several games this season, including Motherwell against their 3-5-2, that is an absolutely damning indictment on Celtic’s analysis department. They should spend less time on twitter arguing with fans and more time actually watching our games.
No I think the analysis dept should be spending more time on social media if this is the result.

BlueMalky

Who exactly does Christie get ahead of in our team??? Absolutely no chance. The other 2 maybe but Christie is bang average.
IIRC, Christie has one less red than Alfredo in his career. They’ve all been for serious foul play or two yellows for fouling. If he played for us, his disciplinary record would be way worse.

Calgacus

I think CM has stayed there too long, Forrest may be similar but possibly just reverting to type.
CM is a good, quick, two footed midfielder with decent passing and distance shooting, he's not suited to playing deeper & I knew he was off it yesterday when he cut across the edge of our box in the 1st half & had a glimmer of a chance to shoot....but instead just shuttled the ball on, low in confidence.
The guy should GTF out of that team & play somewhere else, he's gone stale.

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
Most overrated player in Scotland.

A flat track bully. Not deserving of his starting place in the national team.
I’m sorry mate, but he’s their best player. He can control it, pass it, move between the lines, shoot from outside the box, slow or quicken the pace with his passes.
He’s the one player of theirs who I see consistently play well and competently against us. The only one actually.
I’m glad he was quiet and not really on it yesterday.

change consent