Calum McGregor admitting their failings

Most overrated player in Scotland.

A flat track bully. Not deserving of his starting place in the national team.
The most mentally challenged looking mentally challenged there has ever been. Horrible little c*nt

I tend to agree with this.
When he doesn’t have his Lego eating thug of a captain holding his hand through games, he’s garbage. Was was totally anonymous, in the biggest game of THEIR season so far, he was missing. He has ability, yes, but he’s so far overrated it’s unreal. He, like his no necked friend is hitting his late 20s and yet most still see them as young boys still. He’s decent when he wants to be, but when he’s playing alongside the fraudulent captain, his game is stifled but he can’t play without him either.

Hugely overrated and history will be falsely kind to him and his ilk.

At least your family will be happy Callum thats the main thing.

I dont doubt for a minute that their dislike for each other is due to his background. Lennon is a bitter b@stard afterall he wont be able to hide that.

McGregor along with Rogic and Forrest have barely laid a glove on our team in three years.

McGregor is a decent player but he's over rated, especially by some on here. £25m to Leicester in the summer of 2019 according to a good few on FF at the time. English Premiership bound.

You barely heard his name yesterday, again.

A decent and nice guy according to this thread. Pass me the sick bowl.

He is definitely not happy and he has leaked team info in the past (see the mole thread). I'm not that ITK, but I've seen a message from him to a journalist with my own eyes. Maybe wasn't him yesterday, but he has in the past and it is maybe the reason why Lennon and him don't get on?

Our full backs did sit a bit deeper.

That is what we do in the games that are expected to be more difficult.

McGregor along with Rogic and Forrest have barely laid a glove on our team in three years.

McGregor is a decent player but he's over rated, especially by some on here. £25m to Leicester in the summer of 2019 according to a good few on FF at the time. English Premiership bound.

You barely heard his name yesterday, again.

A decent and nice guy according to this thread. Pass me the sick bowl.
Fully agreed. Posted missing in the last 4 OF games

I don't really think McGregor's ability is in doubt but his form has fallen off a cliff since Rodgers left. Like so many in Scottish football, there is talent but they deserve a better level of coaching. We have numerous examples in our own squad who have benefited hugely from Beale, Gerrard, Culshaw etc.

He's a good player, this is nonsense.
Must admit I used to think he’s a good player. A long with a couple of their Scottish players

when you see them for Scotland and in Europe against better opposition they’re all pretty average at best

they looked good against us when we were a shambles

now we’ve actually got a really good squad that’s nearly every game for the last year to 18 months against us they’ve been dominated

The better the players around McGregor, the better he plays.

Under O'Neil, sorry, I mean Lennon, he is regressing as he is not the typical footballing thug so admired by the Celtic management.

His best days were under Rogers, he will never reach that level again under Lennon.

This chat about their players not liking Lennon - not sure that has really shown over the last two seasons. Yes they have not been overly impressive to watch (particularly against us) but they have still ground out the results. We need to remember this and ensure that this season ends differently.

It does appear that we have a more impressive footballing setup (coaching team, director of football etc) which is quite astonishing given the last 8 years (and may well explain why we are now out performing them in Europe - again, incredible given where we have been).

This chat about their players not liking Lennon - not sure that has really shown over the last two seasons. Yes they have not been overly impressive to watch (particularly against us) but they have still ground out the results. We need to remember this and ensure that this season ends differently.

It does appear that we have a more impressive footballing setup (coaching team, director of football etc) which is quite astonishing given the last 8 years (and may well explain why we are now out performing them in Europe - again, incredible given where we have been).
Theyve got brave John Kennedy who will be on a pittance.
He will end up like that auld cant John Clark , be kept around for years as he s the cheap option.
And of course the right religion.

The only filth player who looked like he wanted to win yesterday.
It reminded me of the 5-0 we took a few seasons back, you could tell looking at our players before kick off that they'd already accepted defeat.

Another thing they got wrong was not using a multi-ball system. They obviously thought they could take the lead and waste time at throw-ins but it back-fired on them, if this was their thinking.
This was pretty noticeable. As much as their fans were full of bravado and hubris, I think their management team were worried prior to the match. They didn't want an in form Rangers team flying at them at a high tempo, this and the crappy crowd noise were I think designed to throw us off our stride. As you say, backfired.

The most overrated player in Scotland is McGregor's midfield teammate. The bald one, who never has an opposition player within 15 yards of him, and when he does get closed down, gives the ball away constantly.

If we were going to lose yesterday without Eduard in their team he was the guy who would have had to win it for them.

He’s been by far their best player in the games we’ve beaten them recently. However his form is poor this season and yesterday he was pretty much anonymous which was a big reason we were so comfortable.

More kudos to Kamara and Davis that he never had any chance to make an impact

Back