Calum McGregor admitting their failings

Surely your finishing with that comment?

McGregor is a good player he may not be the 100000m player the media make out but to say he’s over rated is a nonsense.

he is generally honest in his assessment of things as well (that will be his Rangers supporting upbringing)

McGregor is a good player he may not be the 100000m player the media make out but to say he’s over rated is a nonsense.

You've just contradicted yourself there.

You've just contradicted yourself there.

how exactly!? I think he’s a good player - I don’t think he is worth 30m the media seem to peddle out every so often - but because he’s not a 30m player doesn’t mean he’s not good.

to emphasise I think Glen Kamara is a fantastic footballer - I don’t think he’s worth 30m either

“Credit to Rangers as they changed their game-plan. Every week we see them with their two full-backs really high but they sat in and protected the middle of the pitch.

“They did their homework as well and we have to be honest in that sense.”

Considering we’ve done the exact same thing in several games this season, including Motherwell against their 3-5-2, that is an absolutely damning indictment on Celtic’s analysis department. They should spend less time on twitter arguing with fans and more time actually watching our games.
No I think the analysis dept should be spending more time on social media if this is the result.

Who exactly does Christie get ahead of in our team??? Absolutely no chance. The other 2 maybe but Christie is bang average.
IIRC, Christie has one less red than Alfredo in his career. They’ve all been for serious foul play or two yellows for fouling. If he played for us, his disciplinary record would be way worse.

I think CM has stayed there too long, Forrest may be similar but possibly just reverting to type.
CM is a good, quick, two footed midfielder with decent passing and distance shooting, he's not suited to playing deeper & I knew he was off it yesterday when he cut across the edge of our box in the 1st half & had a glimmer of a chance to shoot....but instead just shuttled the ball on, low in confidence.
The guy should GTF out of that team & play somewhere else, he's gone stale.

Most overrated player in Scotland.

A flat track bully. Not deserving of his starting place in the national team.
I’m sorry mate, but he’s their best player. He can control it, pass it, move between the lines, shoot from outside the box, slow or quicken the pace with his passes.
He’s the one player of theirs who I see consistently play well and competently against us. The only one actually.
I’m glad he was quiet and not really on it yesterday.

“Credit to Rangers as they changed their game-plan. Every week we see them with their two full-backs really high but they sat in and protected the middle of the pitch.

“They did their homework as well and we have to be honest in that sense.”

Considering we’ve done the exact same thing in several games this season, including Motherwell against their 3-5-2, that is an absolutely damning indictment on Celtic’s analysis department. They should spend less time on twitter arguing with fans and more time actually watching our games.

Their analysis department are too busy setting up phoney twitter accounts.

I definitely can’t see those comments going down well at all with the hordes. Some of them will no doubt now make reference to the fact he was a boyhood Rangers fan.

He’s one of the few players I’d have had in our side just because he does chip in with a lot of goals from midfield. That being said with the way Aribo is beginning to blossom I don’t think that will be the case any longer.

tenor.gif

I just love saying it to wind up them and works as well with his fan club on here.

He's got more fans on FF than some Rangers players.
You weren't fishing with that comment ye were being genuinely serious this is just a half arsed deflection to deflect from the daftness of it. As much as I can't stand mcgregor and his eyes are too close the gither, not one person out with papes over rate him, he was their best player by a mile yesterday, I don't think personally I'd fit him in my team maybe on the bench. He's still miles ahead of anything else in scotland outwith us and them. Now a can get on board with that big fucking flump ajer being overrated if we want to talk with a bit of seriousness.

I think the defeat yesterday will turn a few of their heads even more. If I were one of their French players like Edouard or Ntcham, I’d be wondering why I was being coached by a fat turd like Lennon and get out of that midden ASAP....
Already in play mate. Thier agents leaked a story about them wanting to go and that they wanted an agreement from the Tims on realistic transfer fees.

I think the defeat yesterday will turn a few of their heads even more. If I were one of their French players like Edouard or Ntcham, I’d be wondering why I was being coached by a fat turd like Lennon and get out of that midden ASAP....

I think that is the problem. They are wanting silly money so they are trapped there and playing like hostages.

tenor.gif

I just love saying it to wind up them and works as well with his fan club on here.

He's got more fans on FF than some Rangers players.
Fishing my arse!

More like a massive climb down when you realised that the likes you expected went to those saying lt like it is!!

if you cannot see the playing qualities of the opposition no matter how much you dislike them there is no hope for you!

Was actually stunned at how tactically inept they were. Amazed they played 3 at the back, and a 20 years old with one game under his belt being one of them.

It was desperate at times from them, they had absolutely nothing to throw against us.

The worst kept secret in Glasgow . They despise each other , can’t help but think Lennon detests mcgregors background and family being all bluenoses
really?!?
then why the fvck sign for them unless hes thinking of quitting when he leaves and its a last payday but if not you never know whats round the corner

They have 4 days to figure it out LoL!

Their medical staff will need to stock up on Vaseline for Thursday.

What the fu#k is this the Callum McGregor love in thread?
Glen Kamara rinsed him once again
40 million tho apparently.
To think there will be folk on this thread that would have been wanting Kamara replaced with Lewis Ferguson aswell.
Praising their filthy players after we utterly trampled them fu#king hell.

He's a good player, this is nonsense.
Agree, out of their starting 11 yesterday he is the only one who would get in to our squad at the moment. He isn't getting played the same way as Rodgers played him and he might have had his period as a really good player in this league.

It was clear as day yesterday. One team with a professional approach vs. a team that had no ideas. Gerrard vs Lennon is a massive mismatch.

To think there will be folk on this thread that would have been wanting Kamara replaced with Lewis Ferguson aswell.
that was yesterday but they're not " like for like " players , kamara is 25 has about 100 top team appearances and 1 goal , mcgregor 27 has in excess of 220 appearances and 45 goals ......... no one is praising celtc just giving decent players credit when due

Callum McGregor RSC. He's a good bear apparently.

Fishing my arse!

More like a massive climb down when you realised that the likes you expected went to those saying lt like it is!!

if you cannot see the playing qualities of the opposition no matter how much you dislike them there is no hope for you!

I feel this post could have used more exclamation marks!!

You're right that there is no hope of me refraining from taking the piss out of Celtic players after we pump them!!!

that was yesterday but they're not " like for like " players , kamara is 25 has about 100 top team appearances and 1 goal , mcgregor 27 has in excess of 220 appearances and 45 goals ......... no one is praising celtc just giving decent players credit when due
Name all the stats you want, our midfield has rinsed them consistently since Gerrard has been here.
McGregor is a decent player but I'm no going to fawn over him and describe him as some great player.
I'd take glen kamara over him every day of the week

We should put in a 4 mil offer for him to bam them up, He’d perform way better with good footballers round him like Davis and kamara

Back