Calvin Bassey discussion thread

LenzieLoyal

Official Ticketer

Calvin Bassey worth £25m to Rangers insists Charlie Nicholas as he urges club to sell prize asset
Calvin Bassey has impressed Rangers fans this season at centre-half and left-back

scottishdailyexpress

Bassey

Rangers should get £25m minimum for Bassey says Charlie

Charlie Nicholas believes Rangers are looking at a minimum of £25m if they were to sell Calvin Bassey.

The Nigerian has been a rising star for the Light Blues this season, earning major plaudits for his performances in the Europa League and in domestic action.

Bassey provided an impressive showing again as Rangers lifted the Scottish Cup with a win over Hearts, and attention has now turned to the defender as a potential target for other clubs.

Former Light Blues boss Steven Gerrard is said to be keen on keeping an eye on the 22-year-old, as he looks to his first summer window in charge at Aston Villa.

Meanwhile Giovanni Van Bronckhorst has a rebuild on his hands, with the likes of Connor Goldson, Allan McGregor and Steven Davis all seemingly heading for the Ibrox exit.

Star men Alfredo Morelos, Joe Aribo and Ryan Kent are also all in the final year of their Rangers deals, and the former Celtic hero thinks the sale of Bassey could fund an exodus.

Nicholas says the youngster has been a stand out this season, but is urging Rangers to get their money's worth from the defender.

He said in his Scottish Express Sport column: "I can see Rangers getting £25 million if they sell Calvin Bassey to fund their summer rebuild.

"You can see why Steven Gerrard at Aston Villa are so keen to get him but there will be a string of top clubs looking at him.

"I think the minimum value would be in the £25 million bracket.

"The reason why I put him in that range is because he is already a better player than Tyrone Mings.

"He was one that was built up and has ended up becoming an England international but I look at Bassey and I think there is more.

"I also think he has more potential to get even better. I have heard people in recent weeks say how good he has been but he has been like that for the last four or five months.

"For me, he has been the best young player in Scotland. The one player that the top English and European clubs will be looking at is absolutely Bassey.

"How Leicester City didn’t see the potential in him is really surprising.
"I would be simply amazed if Bassey was still at Ibrox next season."

I was sittin' there thinkin'....... Charlie's right!

Big man's quality, I wonder if he was someone Gerrard knew of from his Liverpool youth team days or if we actually scouted him

Big man's quality, I wonder if he was someone Gerrard knew of from his Liverpool youth team days or if we actually scouted him
I say this because there's definitely talent to be picked up in that market, not quite making the premiership grade but massive talents and hope we keep an eye on it

At least the prices are moving I the right direction

Usually him and the rest of the media would be quoting £9/10 million

And a gazillion for the Japanese guy

Tierney is made of communion wafers and went for 25 having done nothing but play for a team who won things with no competition.

Bassey has just played two Cup final in 3 days, being the best player on the pitch in both and played in two different positions.

Bassey is worth more the 25 mil in my opinion.

Brendan Rodgers let him go for next to fcúk all as well. Leicester must’ve some defenders coming through. :rolleyes:

Calvin Bassey worth £25m to Rangers insists Charlie Nicholas as he urges club to sell prize asset

I was sittin' there thinkin'....... Charlie's right!

Of course you urge us to sell one of our best players you absolute tosspot! Away and learn how to speak properly you moron!

Charlie ‘doesn’t look a day over fifty’ Adam said £15m on Sportscene.

With friends like Charlie, who dafuq needs enemies?
That's incredible if he said that

Sometimes we as fans maybe get carried away on estimates
But £15 million ?,that's just ridiculous from him

Brendan Rodgers let him go for next to fcúk all as well. Leicester must’ve some defenders coming through. :rolleyes:
Leicester didn't want him to leave ,they offered Bassey a new contract but he turned the offer down to play for the Famous

Bassey is a good example of why we need to learn just a little patience as a support.

As recently as six months ago he was an okay back up. Now he's arguably our best player at the minute and going to make us a shed load of money one day.

It's a heavy jersey that needs grown into and when they do they learn more than they would anywhere else in world football because of it.

I am delighted he's ours, delighted we've stuck with him and hope he's here this time next year.

Leicester didn't want him to leave ,they offered Bassey a new contract but he turned the offer down to play for the Famous
Surely it must’ve been comparatively washers. If they knew how good he was the contract offer would’ve reflected his value.

Regardless, they made a balls of it.

Surely it must’ve been comparatively washers. If they knew how good he was the contract offer would’ve reflected his value.

Regardless, they made a balls of it.
Haven't a clue mate ,I'd imagine Bassey thought he'd get into the Rangers 1st team quicker than he would Leicesters

That's incredible if he said that

Sometimes we as fans maybe get carried away on estimates
But £15 million ?,that's just ridiculous from him
Check the BBC Scotland Sport webpages and you’ll see the clip. You can see him thinking before answering and then he uttered that derisory figure. He’d have been as well shutting up and saying nothing.

On the face of it he sounds genuine and talking sense however we all know he’s a sleekit bastard who just wants us to sell one of our best players. Go f**k yourself Charlie.

Haha say he's worth less and people raging that "they" are undervaluing our players. Say our players worth are worth a lot and people raging that "they" are masterminding a player to leave us. :D
Yes. Amongst 20,000 people there will often be 2 opposite opinions.
If there wasn't, I'd think I was on a Celtic forum.
Same club, church, government, carpet, deflection and denial.

Check the BBC Scotland Sport webpages and you’ll see the clip. You can see him thinking before answering and then he uttered that derisory figure. He’d have been as well shutting up and saying nothing.
I believe you mate

Honestly that is piss poor from a former Rangers player,as you say he would have been better saying nothing

Doesn't really matter if our whole squad isn't worth that because the big man certainly isB-)
Realistically though the club would sell at 15m - 20m I'd reckon. Never know right enough but I would say so. The fact he's English trained would add a bit to his fee for teams that play in Europe but is he genuinely going to get near the tip 6 or 7 clubs

Back