Calvin Bassey signed

[/QUOTE]
It's implied given the thread is about a left back.

I didn't say anything about Barisic's value, you're not finding anyone better for less than £20m though.
That’s what we employed Ross Wilson for it ain’t my job.

Name a better left back than Barisic that would cost under £20m
Mate we signed barisic for 1.5-2m and we came across him by accident after he played against us. We were close to punting him before he turned it round. If we recruit correctly we can absolutely get similar quality or slightly undeveloped players for the same price.

Literally no one has said that, no point getting upset over nothing.

Welcome to Rangers Calvin.

I'd be shocked if anyone on here thinks Frimpong is world class.

He is a wee show pony who dances round in circles without much end product.

He may develop as he gets older but as things stand he is a million miles from world class.

I am somewhat underwhelmed by this signing.We have never heard of him. never seen him play.Is this the calibre of signing that will stop the 10 in a row. ?
If what i read is true he rejected West Ham and Bayer Leverkusen to play in the Scottish League !!

I hope that I am completely wrong and he proves to be a great player for us

Why does every player we sign have to be there for the sole purpose of stopping 10iar? He's a 20 year old player we've signed from a Premier League academy, fairly obvious he's not going to be the sole signing we make to stop 'the 10' tbh. He's natural cover for Borna and someone we are aiming to develop. If we are sitting here in September with only Hagi and Bassey signed, then I think you'd have a point but this is just conjecture on your part at the moment.

Better know previously as Calvin Ughelumba no idea why you would change that name lol

Mate we signed barisic for 1.5-2m and we came across him by accident after he played against us. We were close to punting him before he turned it round. If we recruit correctly we can absolutely get similar quality or slightly undeveloped players for the same price.
I'm not talking about Barisic at Osijek, I'm talking about the season he's just had.

I absolutely agree that we can get someone with potential to be as good, that's the logic behind Bassey.

I'm just saying that you're not finding anyone that puts Barisic on the bench for less than £20m because he's genuinely that good.

Welcome to Rangers Calvin.

I'd be shocked if anyone on here thinks Frimpong is world class.

He is a wee show pony who dances round in circles without much end product.

He may develop as he gets older but as things stand he is a million miles from world class.
He looks not a bad player mate. Let's not do this staunch thing of just blindly saying their players are shite.

5 years ago we had to build a youth academy from scratch.

2 years ago we had to build a completely new squad and a proper scouting network from scratch.

I don't know how much time you're willing to concede but I don't think 3 seasons is a particularly unreasonable ask.

Their "streak" is completely meaningless
2 seasons ago we had the rebuild.
1 season ago we had to rebuild.
This season the same that’s why we need more than squad fillers.

He looks not a bad player mate. Let's not do this staunch thing of just blindly saying their players are shite.
He's extremely raw and is a bit of a one trick pony at the minute. A lot of potential though.

We recognised this and left him as their free man on the 29th, he just kept giving the ball back to us.

Bassey is a bit older and a lot more developed physically, hopefully he's further along technically too.

I wasn't arguing about him being 'decent'.

I was arguing about him being world class.

A big difference in my book.

If you want me to say Frimpong is decent and a good prospect for them, then I have no problem saying that.

2 seasons ago we had the rebuild.
1 season ago we had to rebuild.
This season the same that’s why we need more than squad fillers.
Ok, would you have been happy starting the season with just Barisic and saying "oh well shit happens" if he got injured? What would we have done then?

I'm not talking about Barisic at Osijek, I'm talking about the season he's just had.

I absolutely agree that we can get someone with potential to be as good, that's the logic behind Bassey.

I'm just saying that you're not finding anyone that puts Barisic on the bench for less than £20m because he's genuinely that good.
People get carried away about Barisic , he kicked on after his goal at St Mirren late August and had a decent four month spell thats not world beating form.
Ok, would you have been happy starting the season with just Barisic and saying "oh well shit happens" if he got injured? What would we have done then?
Nope , butt are you convinced Barisic will be at Ibrox next season?

I wasn't arguing about him being 'decent'.

I was arguing about him being world class.

A big difference in my book.

If you want me to say Frimpong is decent and a good prospect for them, then I have no problem saying that.
I see now the comment you were responding too, fair play. The poster is talking rubbish as no one has ever said he is world class haha.

People ge5 carried away about Barisic Nope but are you convinced

If Barisic isn't at Ibrox next season, I'm pretty confident another left back would come in. Competition is needed for every position, that doesn't mean we need to spend millions on every deal though, a bargain like this allows us to spend more on other urgent areas needing improvement.

Love how we do our business these days. I think we can pretty much assume that any media rumour will be shite now (as if that wasn't obvious already).

People get carried away about Barisic , he kicked on after his goal at St Mirren late August and had a decent four month spell thats not world beating form.

He was absolutely unplayable during that time, the season just gone was the first time he's managed to maintain a decent level of fitness, he's spoken at length about how he struggled to keep up with the rest of the squad during his first season because he kept picking up little injuries.

If Barisic goes, it will be for a lot of money and we'll sign a replacement.

Maybe Barasic will be cover for Bassey, just a thought.

If Barisic isn't at Ibrox next season, I'm pretty confident another left back would come in. Competition is needed for every position, that doesn't mean we need to spend millions on every deal though, a bargain like this allows us to spend more on other urgent areas needing improvement.
I thought the same last pre-season too but turns out we spent the summer signing squad fillers.

£400k cross border fee according to Foxes forum, not that they will have it confirmed.

Aberdeen with Lowe and the bheggars with Frimpong haven't done too bad. Lowe would have been a good signing for us but that ship sailed.

Aberdeen only had Lowe on loan.

Welcome young man

Seems nobody knows how good he is, will be interesting to see how he goes, I'm sure he's not coming up to sit on the bench every week.

Dunno if it's been posted in the 8 pages already but here's 90 mins of him playing CH v Liverpool u23s.

I thought the same last pre-season too but turns out we spent the summer signing squad fillers.
Helander, Kent and Aribo cost less than Bolingoli, Taylor and Klimala cost Celtic and I doubt you've even heard of the last name.

We did sign too many squad fillers during the summer but let's not pretend that we didn't also do some very good business.

Morelos, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Kamara, Katic, Edmundson and now Bassey are all 24 or younger and are all already worth more than we've paid for them

Welcome to Rangers young man, come and be all you can be.
Love the way the business has been done, nothing played out in the media.

Helander, Kent and Aribo cost less than Bolingoli, Taylor and Klimala cost Celtic and I doubt you've even heard of the last name.

We did sign too many squad fillers during the summer but let's not pretend that we didn't also do some very good business.

Morelos, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Kamara, Katic, Edmundson and now Bassey are all 24 or younger and are all already worth more than we've paid for them

Helander, Kent and Aribo cost the guts of £11m. That's more than Bolignoli, Taylor and Klimala.

Helander, Kent and Aribo cost the guts of £11m. That's more than Bolignoli, Taylor and Klimala.
£3m for Helander. Kent's had £7m slapped on his name by the press but Beale strongly suggested it was less than that and Aribo cost £300k.

Those 3 Celtic players cost £9-10m

Worst case scenario, it's about the same outlay for significantly better players

Back