Calvin Bassey signed

Welcome Calvin! Pretty sure this boy is a prospect and will make us money on the 230k outlay.

I am somewhat underwhelmed by this signing.We have never heard of him. never seen him play.Is this the calibre of signing that will stop the 10 in a row. ?
If what i read is true he rejected West Ham and Bayer Leverkusen to play in the Scottish League !!

I hope that I am completely wrong and he proves to be a great player for us
We’ve just signed a player who if he had went to Leverkusen they would of paid £3.5m for him.
We’ve signed him for £230 grand as back up for borna and potential replacement in a year or 2.
What’s not to like ffs?
Who did you expect us to bloody sign.

Let’s hope your right.
Mark Allen offered Brandon Barker and Jordan Jones to all of our managers every transfer window.

Wilson comes in and we're signing Ianis Hagi a couple of months later.

They're not even in the same league. Allen did a lot of good in terms of improving facilities but was actually bordering on incompetent with recruitment and player sales.

Helander, Kent and Aribo cost less than Bolingoli, Taylor and Klimala cost Celtic and I doubt you've even heard of the last name.

We did sign too many squad fillers during the summer but let's not pretend that we didn't also do some very good business.

Morelos, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Kamara, Katic, Edmundson and now Bassey are all 24 or younger and are all already worth more than we've paid for them
Helander should come good , we didn’t see enough.
Aribo has all the ability but needs to become physically more ware of the Scottish game.
Kent for me at £7m was a major disappointment.
But your overall argument presents well , let’s hope they all produce.

From digging about on foxes talk

will be our LB in 2 years
Strong, fast and intelligent
Can play centre back

Was getting kept on but wanted to play football

I’m really happy with this even though I’ve never heard of him till now.
They are apparently selling Chilwell to Chelsea too.

He might have gone up a level and being able to compete with the Chilwell replacement.

But he's chosen us. Echo what others are saying. Was mad to think we were signing someone like Barry Douglas as back up.

Let’s hope your right.

I'm confident in this.

Also have to say looking at last season's signings.

1. Davis, Aribo, Kent and Helander went straight into the team.
2. Jones was playing regularly up until Gerrard took the huff with him after that red card.
3. Hastie went straight on loan after signing and was brought in very much as one for the future.
4. Edmundson was brought into compete and was our regular centre back post christmas.
5. Stewart and Barker, I would argue, were our only real unnecessary squad fillers from the signings.

Just what I take from it, obviously others will disagree with some of that.

They are apparently selling Chilwell to Chelsea too.

He might have gone up a level and being able to compete with the Chilwell replacement.

But he's chosen us. Echo what others are saying. Was mad to think we were signing someone like Barry Douglas as back up.
Brendan is clearing the decks to bring in his pal Kieran.

I'm confident in this.

Also have to say looking at last season's signings.

1. Davis, Aribo, Kent and Helander went straight into the team.
2. Jones was playing regularly up until Gerrard took the huff with him after that red card.
3. Hastie went straight on loan after signing and was brought in very much as one for the future.
4. Edmundson was brought into compete and was our regular centre back post christmas.
5. Stewart and Barker, I would argue, were our only real unnecessary squad fillers from the signings.

Just what I take from it, obviously others will disagree with some of that.
Stewart actually filled in well when called upon. Some good performances. Unlucky not to get more goals.

He’s a new one to me but I have every faith in our recruiting team.
He looks a big strong lad and should be able to more than hold his own in the SPFL rough and tumble league. Confident he will have the composure and skill to fight for a place in due course.
Welcome to Rangers son.

You never know how a young player is going to develop, adapt and settle at a new club so we just need to wait and see. Its a relatively low cost gamble though. Good luck to the lad and certainly looks a big strong lad which is something we need.

Stewart actually filled in well when called upon. Some good performances. Unlucky not to get more goals.

I may have came across more harsh on him there than intended but my thinking is he was very much brought in as a back up player in the squad and was never going to be a first choice. He did well in most of his appearances though.

Helander, Kent and Aribo cost less than Bolingoli, Taylor and Klimala cost Celtic and I doubt you've even heard of the last name.

We did sign too many squad fillers during the summer but let's not pretend that we didn't also do some very good business.

Morelos, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Kamara, Katic, Edmundson and now Bassey are all 24 or younger and are all already worth more than we've paid for them
We needed a left back and we've signed one that's young and got potential yet folk still aren't happy. The way I see it is he must have something if leverkusen are looking at him as all the top German sides are trying to sign the best young English players. If he played back up to borna for a season he's going to play at least 10/15 games so if borna goes to the euros does well we have this lad to step into his place then the cycle starts all over again similar to what ajax do. Much rather this kind of signing than a journey back up left back who in his 30s and has no chance of ever being first choice

I may have came across more harsh on him there than intended but my thinking is he was very much brought in as a back up player in the squad and was never going to be a first choice. He did well in most of his appearances though.
You weren't too harsh, although being put in the same category barker is unfair :))

Davies is one of the best young full back's in the world.

We're not getting a player like that for 230k

Will be cover to replace Halliday ect
Never said anything about being as good as anyone.Davies is a local boy,here in Edmonton,watched him grow over the last 4-5 years,he has become some player.
SG’s description of young Bassey’s game
is very similar to that of Alphonso’s is all I’m saying.;)

Maybe Barasic will be cover for Bassey, just a thought.

I doubt a player Leicester didn't pick up on a new contract will be signed to start ahead of the WC semi finalists first choice left back.

He'll be here to replace Flanagan and Halliday.

Where we've got Patterson for RB cover, Maxwell isn't quite ready to make that step up to the 1st team squad yet by the looks of things.

jf6dQQX.jpg

Just goes to show all these rumours mean nothing, Club have been great at keeping Transfers under wraps.
Correct mate! And long may it continue, as much as we all love a good rumour, I'm sure we all prefer a BANG here's Hagi or BANG here's a promising youngster from a top 5 EPL side. Love this!

Back