Calvin Bassey signed

No harm but I'm not a fan of dealing with Brendan. Dont trust him. How can you trust a man who had 'that' done to his teeth.

Welcome to this great club,hopefully will be good backup for borna also loving how we are doing our business now.

Hopefully fills a need as our full back cover was very inadequate.

I’ll remain cautious though as we’ve not had the best record with English academy prospects in recent years.

Yet to see him play but if he has got what it takes should be a great addition, let's Borna move on to Italy probably in January or next summer for decent fee. The exact model the club is trying to replicate. Similarly on the other flank should be mirror image with Tav moving on and Paterson taking his place

Stewart Robertson true to his word as Ross Wilson keeps delivering.

A position that required filling and as always it is up to the player now.

This is exactly the type of signing we need to make. There are lots of high-quality boys who have not quite made the first team squad in EPL/Championship clubs we can pick up for a development fee.
Joe Aribo Is a model we want to repeat time and again and it was good to hear Calvin Bassey talk about Joe.
Let’s hope there are one or two more of these to come.
If we were to pick up 3/4 quality players for under £1m in Cross-border compensation fees that gives us the option of higher spending on more experienced targets.

Just a midfielder with a bit of fight to go and we'll be serious challengers
Surely not serious?

A team that has routinely shit the bed at the hint of being top of the league.

A team who will chuck it after Christmas.

You are telling me adding a 20 year old back up left-back and a midfielder will be enough to stop a team going to 10 league titles in a row?

This is exactly the type of signing we need to make. There are lots of high-quality boys who have not quite made the first team squad in EPL/Championship clubs we can pick up for a development fee.
Joe Aribo Is a model we want to repeat time and again and it was good to hear Calvin Bassey talk about Joe.
Let’s hope there are one or two more of these to come.
If we were to pick up 3/4 quality players for under £1m in Cross-border compensation fees that gives us the option of higher spending on more experienced targets.
I hope your right. But I can’t get Dodoo out my head.

To beat the likes of West Ham and Leverkusen to sign him sounds promising.

I'd rather beat Leverkusen to something else...

But I'll take this. Sounds exactly the type of signing we should be going for (baring in mind it was always going to be for Bornas understudy. Plenty potential, re-sale value if successful, and cheap to allow us to spend money on the first 11 where it is more needed... Even if it just enabled us to secure Hagi permanently.

Happens in the Summer now in line with the other tournaments. Used to be January/February.
Taken from Goal: “The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations is set to take place between January 9 and February 6, 2021. The tournament was originally scheduled for June and July 2021, but CAF announced that they would be moving the dates to a winter period due to the weather conditions of the summer.”
Hopefully gets postponed as we could do without losing Aribo, although it does look like it will as it’s one of the reason have decided against buying Werner because Mane and Salah won’t be missing due to Afcon

@Chesterfield bear

Could do with a similar type for right back unless Patterson is ready to step up if not get a right sided forward/winger with an eye for goal and a Powerful midfield playmaker and we will have done well

Read this thread back and you'll find that I'm not negative in anyway with regards to Shirley.

Necro, however, stated that Kent is now worth more than we paid for him - which is utter bollocks.

I'd be delighted if that turns out to be the case going forward but it patently isn't the case at this moment.
A) We didn't pay £7m for Kent.

B) He's worth more to us than £7m regardless.

Surely not serious?

A team that has routinely shit the bed at the hint of being top of the league.

A team who will chuck it after Christmas.

You are telling me adding a 20 year old back up left-back and a midfielder will be enough to stop a team going to 10 league titles in a row?
I'm saying we need a central midfielder with a bit of bite and leadership and that will ignite some fire in the belly of those around him (Jack and Arfield in particular, who I think are naturally more agressive than they have so far shown) I guess where we disagree is that I dont believe we are as big a bunch of losers as you suggest. In fact I believe if we can get the right player it will be the last piece of the jigsaw that will see the whole team perform better. We have a lot of talented players in our squad, we just need someone who will pull it all together. A ball winning midfield would serve us better than buying an abundance of average quality squadies.

To me Bassey can provide cover on the left for a hole that caused us problems when Barasic was out. Its interesting Gerrard called him a 'modern LB' which suggests he will be useful anywhere on the left flank. I recognize we are a bit thin up front, but hopefully Hagi will see the forwards getting better suply. We might need a partner for Defoe as I dont see him as a lone striker, but for now, I think the aforemention midfielder is the priority

I'm saying we need a central midfielder with a bit of bite and leadership and that will ignite some fire in the belly of those around him (Jack and Arfield in particular, who I think are naturally more agressive than they have so far shown) I guess where we disagree is that I dont believe we are as big a bunch of losers as you suggest. In fact I believe if we can get the right player it will be the last piece of the jigsaw that will see the whole team perform better. We have a lot of talented players in our squad, we just need someone who will pull it all together. A ball winning midfield would serve us better than buying an abundance of average quality squadies.

To me Bassey can provide cover on the left for a hole that caused us problems when Barasic was out. Its interesting Gerrard called him a 'modern LB' which suggests he will be useful anywhere on the left flank. I recognize we are a bit thin up front, but hopefully Hagi will see the forwards getting better suply. We might need a partner for Defoe as I dont see him as a lone striker, but for now, I think the aforemention midfielder is the priority

We need a quality centre forward.

2 if an acceptable offer comes in for the buff.

We need a quality centre forward.

2 if an acceptable offer comes in for the buff.
I wouldn’t disagree, but I think we would need to off load Stewart in order to do that. I get the feeling Alfredo will be here until the transfer market normalizes somewhat. I just hope he recognizes the need to prove himself again.

I don’t doubt there are several areas of the team where it would be good to strengthen. I just feel that a ball winning central midfielder with a bit of bite to his game, who is a proven leader, would be the spark that ignites us. For me that should be the priority as I think it would help get the best out of others.

No harm but I'm not a fan of dealing with Brendan. Dont trust him. How can you trust a man who had 'that' done to his teeth.

If it meant dealing with Rodgers, you'd take the entire Leicester squad, on the basis they'd win us the league at a canter.

Latest posts

Back