Calvin Bassey signed

From the Leicester forum back in January.

Posted 30 January

" I really like this lad, every time I see him he impresses, he's one we really ought to be finding a decent loan option for now so that he can either take over the back up for LB position or be pushing Fuchs hard for it next season. Thomas may well be the better long term prospect in the clubs minds but I feel like he would struggle with the physical side at the moment. Ughelumba wouldn't."

Decent signing I’d say. If he can push borna’s performances up to another level then that can only be a good thing.

Signings like this are brilliant, out of nowhere and simply announced by the club. We obviously did a lot of work on this yet the msm never got a sniff.

The way it should be.

It certainly is.
We are also talking to a family member of a work mate of mine, with not a trace of it being reported.
I only know because my colleague mentioned it to me.

There is literally nothing to complain about here, some comments here baffles me.

Borna needs back up. This lad will prob play 5-10 games this season, if he is a gem then you look at sellingBorna next year for big money with this boy stepping up.

we will sign more players. Everyone relax.
as I said in other threads mate,im sure SG and his team know better than people posting on message boards.if he's good enough for SG ,good enough for me .keep the faith

He’s obviously an upgrade on Halliday and a natural LB so let’s just give the guy a chance. He looks like he will handle the physical side of the game here with no problems.

Someone's forgetting all of the abuse Walter got during 9iar for being awful in Europe.

i was just about to say this, there’s always been a desire to push on in Europe, particularly when we are on a winning streak.

Try searching for Calvin Ughelumba.

Wee snippets here and there under Ughelumba (sounds better too calling him that :))

Harries, breaks up play around the half way line, roams forward and gets a shot off.

Cross comes in, he picks the ball up on the left side of the area and gets a shot off.

There is a 90 minute video against Liverpool under 23's from last season. Got bored after 15/20 minutes or so but made a few crucial interceptions and won a few headers.

Name a better left back than Barisic that would cost under £20m

You are spot on.

There might be one or two around but we already have Borna. Glad we do and, until we don't, anyone brought in is cover. This seems a sensible signing to me. Who knows, maybe even the guy to take over if/when Borna goes?

He will get some game time here as cover for injury/suspension or maybe just to refresh the team. Suits both parties.

Of course we do. However Barasic is not one of the first 11 that needs replaced and his position requires backup.

So do we spend our money on a proven quality left back at say £15k a week to be backup or do we get a young player with potential on relatively cheap wages?

The higher wages and fees will be spent on players who will instantly improve the first 11 who need upgrading.

100%! As we have heard and as many of us have said/wanted is that we need quality over quantity. However, there are still gaps in the squad that need to filled where we dont need to splash the cash.
I have no clue about this guy but snagging a young prospect like that is more inline with our model than a 30 year old who might command a much bigger wage.
I think our model will rely heavily on gambling on the likes of a Rossiter/Dodoo etc.. some will be busts but even if we get one right we could make a lot of money while have a good player in the squad.

I have nothing to say, other than the guy looks an absolute unit. Hopefully he can push Borna all the way for a starting place.

Barisic is one of our most valuable assets. Business head on we should be looking to make a decent profit on him next summer.

That gives Bassey a good settling in period and able to take over. Borna’s injury record suggests Bassey will get some game time too though.

Back