Calvin Bassey

I'm not saying he will be a superstar but I'm sure as %^*& not writing him off because played in a friendly loss.

he actually came on in France and looked like a lost wee boy. He played for Leicester u23s for a reason. He won’t be here this time next season and not because he won a move, purely because he won’t make it. My opinion. he’s not got it.

I thought he was a big no nonsense defender. Pleasant surprise to see he has some skill, pace and is a goal threat.

Hopefully we're seeing the signs of a player who is only just settling and there's more to come. Very promising indeed.

Loved it when he took the opportunity to absolutely smash the granny out their wee sub winger.

Looks raw. Started the game playing quite safe and turning back into the cbs and playing the safe ball. Grew into it and needs to get confidence on the ball. Playing without fans will benefit him to get settled.

he actually came on in France and looked like a lost wee boy. He played for Leicester u23s for a reason. He won’t be here this time next season and not because he won a move, purely because he won’t make it. My opinion. he’s not got it.
Lol.

He will definitely be here this time next season.

Seemed to get a head of steam then turn back and pass it which he'd commit players has the pace and the power opposition Wingers and full backs will just bounce of him

That will be that then. Bin him. The man has spoken

FFS :)):)):)):))

He looked good in his brief cameo, much more settled and focussed. During pre-season he looked very erratic.

Yep, yesterday's short cameo was the first time he's been able to show why Gerrard was so keen to sign him.

Certainly looked the part.

That really is a mental assertion.

In France the boy was playing for the 1st time for his new club against 2 top teams (one who just knocked Juventus out in the CL) and looked a bag of nerves.

Cut the boy some slack.

He looked more relaxed when he came on yesterday and showed glimpses if what he could offer going forward.

The game was done when he came on so quite a nice situation for the young lad to come on but should be careful to not read too much into his cameo.

However he looked like he could be a load of fun to watch bombing down that left side this season.

I've not been convinced with him defensively but yesterday was our first real chance to see him in a more attacking role and he did very well I thought. Had Patterson come on and put in that performance we'd have been raving about him.

An interesting prospect but a long, long way to go yet.

Written off after a few sub appearances. Some people on here should take up gardening or hockey, or get therapy

Reactions: Dom
He's certainly a unit but he looks like he's got a fair bit of skill to go with it too.
As Thommo said in commentary, he's still a young lad and he's being treated as a "project" but all the signs are good so far.

Good to see us starting to blood the young guys in. Part of me wants young Kennedy to go into trainingeat some humble pie and get involved
So you either watch a lot of Leicester u23 footie or you have made your mind up after a couple of friendlies and a sub appearance.

No wonder young guys struggle here.

Wasn't sure of him after a couple of the friendlies but he looked much better on the ball today.

As suspected. We weren’t signing him if he wasn’t able to come in and play in our system.
I'll admit I had said in the match thread I was worried he didn't look like fitting in to our system in the same way Flanagan didn't last year - thankfully I was as right with that one as worrying about Gerrard not benching Morelos :D I'll stick to football manager and leave the big job to the gaffer

When he cam

when he came on during pre season he looked dodgy, then starts the game Dundee Utd beat our b team he was at CH. hope im
Wrong but canny see him making it. See borna or long term injury and have to rely on him. It’s a no for me
Oh dear

You will be one of those fans at the games who are calling for players heads after 10 minutes, despite them being a young player or not.

Horrific

Last edited:
He's got massive potential all the attributes to be a very good player in the future I hope him and Paterson can develop this season getting as many minutes as possible when games are done or in cup games against lesser teams

The sheer size of him makes him look a bit awkward when running forward with the ball, I think this will genuinely negatively impact some fans thoughts on him, it did with Helander when he first arrived.

Haven't really seen enough to comment on his quality for this season either way but I do think he has a lot of potential

Its one of the benefit of covid restrictions is our players being protected from the "Aww FFS" brigade.

A few groans is ok they need to learn to cope with it but grown men shouting "you're shite" or " never a player in a million years" is pathetic.

I'll admit I had said in the match thread I was worried he didn't look like fitting in to our system in the same way Flanagan didn't last year - thankfully I was as right with that one as worrying about Gerrard not benching Morelos :D I'll stick to football manager and leave the big job to the gaffer
Mate on Saturday I was guaranteeing Roofe would be on the bench :D career mode plonker

The guy looks like an absolute tank, physically miles ahead of Flanagan and Halliday. Yesterday was his competitive professional debut, so folk need to chill out a bit. One for the future!

Looks very raw but he definitely has something in him. Young lad who will learn on the job, need to be patient with him though

Think this lad could be a real asset, quick strong and powerful, time will tell but the early signs are promising, we for the first time since the early 70s have a group of youngsters aka Patterson, Edmunson, Katic, Aribo, Hagi, Kent, Itten and Brassey.

Back