Calvin Bassey

He is young and raw, but also has composure. To come on against strong European opposition and put in that kind of performance says a lot about him.
I am more than confident he will excel with our current coaching staff.

Absolutely. We are extremely well coached. Il be honest I was a bit concerned when Borna went down. It was a tough away fixture against a very good team, Bassey rose to the occasion though and certainly didn't look out of place

His physique has definitely helped him settle into Scottish football imo.

I remember the Motherwell game, can't remember who it was from them tried to make the tackle and stop Bassey and he just bounced off him and landed on the deck.

And Calvin just got to his feet with the Well player on the ground :))

Bassey and Patterson both have massive potential but barring injury to Borna / Tav they aint going to play.

He looked incredibly raw in his first few appearances which is understandable given he'd never made a senior appearance before us.

The fact we're no longer shitting it when Barisic gets injured is a testament to the amazing progress he's made in a stupidly short amount of time. The boy is 20 and played brilliantly the other night, he really has some amount of potential.

We are bringing in players that will fit our system/philosophy now. Every one of them knows their job when needed.
Such a breath of fresh air after the past few years without any coherent signing policy.
Exactly my point. Mind the time when we didn’t actually have a scouting department? I think it was a case of have boots, can play attitude. Now we have a refined system where we are scouting across the globe for talent that suits us, as well as looking at ways to make profit from these players at some stage, something which the mentally challengeds were very successful at.
We’ve got some proper football people at the club now, and it’s refreshing to see the changes that the club have made finally bear some fruit.

Exactly my point. Mind the time when we didn’t actually have a scouting department? I think it was a case of have boots, can play attitude. Now we have a refined system where we are scouting across the globe for talent that suits us, as well as looking at ways to make profit from these players at some stage, something which the mentally challengeds were very successful at.
We’ve got some proper football people at the club now, and it’s refreshing to see the changes that the club have made finally bear some fruit.

Totally mate. As a club, we were like a headless chicken. Changed days.

We have these young players being trained for our system so that stepping up is a smooth transition. Patterson on the right and Bassey on the left. Katic and big George too.

not just that, anyone who's anyone in fitba will know how these lads have been trained & improved under Stevie G, Gary Mac, Michael B, etc. It's money in the bank for Rangers

Big man is a beast of a player. As mentioned above I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bigger player in our famous jersey. He’s huge with massive potential.

All he needs is games to develop..if he got 15 games in all competitions it would a brilliant debut season. Our coaches seem to be improving each & every player which is great to see.

He looks good going forward and strong in the tackle. He gets caught under the ball a bit too much. He’s still young and learning tho v

I know that happened a couple of times on Thursday, but the most experienced player struggles, running towards his own goal, the ball coming over his head, in a monsoon.
He did great. Good luck son.

He is a big strong unit but also shows some composure for someone so inexperienced. Has lots to learn yet but has already shown he has the quality to succeed. More than able deputy for Borna.

Back