Calvin Bassey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said on the match thread if he can improve his crossing he will be top class, he has everything else

I like the big fella and I think he’s a great player, maybe not his finest performance today but he’s still young. He’s a big solid unit and I reckon he’ll improve the more game time he gets.

He’s a raw talent. I thought he played well. Comparing him to Barasic is unfair. He needs to work on his crossing, I’ve no doubt he will get there. Games like today’s are what he needs. Now onto Malmö with Borna in from the start.

The match thread you say? The Follow Follow match thread?

200w.gif

The big man was fine today, got up and down the park with ease and won his battles. Some wild crossing at times but nothing we haven't seen before from Tav.

He had a great start but as the game went on, he needed to be putting more crosses in & they were a shambles. He really needs to work on them to be considered for more starts.

Definitely a player there. Good defender, strong and has pace, improve his final ball delivery and we will major player for us.

He was a mixed bag, some of his play was outstanding, but his final ball wasn’t consistently good enough. Some of that may be that we are used to being spoilt with Borna’s crossing though, and he is still young and can improve on that.

Looks solid, he's a young fullback, he will make the odd mistake, his crossing will get better with experience.

If we had a 21 year old full back with his physical statue and could put a ball in like Borna he wouldn't be playing in Scotland sadly

I think he'd be more suited to the left side of a back three than at left back. His crossing is not good enough. He had a good game though.

He's work in progress, but the signs for me are very promising. Needs to work on his crossing, defensively though I thought he was strong.

He's taken an absolute battering in the match thread but I thought the big man was great today.

His delivery isn't Bornas but he's much more direct, as strong as an ox. He'll get better.

My MOTM today.
Well done OP.
Young man played well, solid, just missed that little bit of quality, which will come in time.

He can run with the ball, play it short and is a threat in the air but it's hard to be convinced about a fullback who can't cross the ball even if he's good in every other area, don't think he has any idea where it's going to go when he puts one in. He's about as different to Barisic as you can get.

Tha
He's taken an absolute battering in the match thread but I thought the big man was great today.

His delivery isn't Bornas but he's much more direct, as strong as an ox. He'll get better.

My MOTM today

My MOTM today.
Thank god I stayed off the match thread then. Big Bassey IMO was contender for MOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back