Cambridge Utd fan killed

Just read the last of his attackers was released a few months ago.

An utterly disgraceful sentence for effectively killing someone.
Talking of sentencing I think our old friend Lord Mulholland needs to take a break. Sentenced that guy yesterday to under 5 years for killing a guy in a car accident after taking cocaine and esctacy. Also got in to the back of the car to make out he wasnt driving.

Talking of sentencing I think our old friend Lord Mulholland needs to take a break. Sentenced that guy yesterday to under 5 years for killing a guy in a car accident after taking cocaine and esctacy. Also got in to the back of the car to make out he wasnt driving.
Shocking - no justice at all.

This Cambridge fan story is dreadful and I hope they can get them now on murder charge.

Charged with “violent disorder”
What the %^*& is up with this so called justice system it’s nothing short of attempted murder which not only irreversibly changed (some might be inclined to say ruined) this poor mans life and that of his wife and daughter and other close friends and family.

Left him unable to walk, talk or control his movements. Now this wasn’t a horrific illness that caused it like MND, it was a callous attack by a group of potentially 10 “people” who repeatedly stomped on him. That makes me feel sick.

Stomp on someone FF’s, who goes out with the thought of doing something like that in their head, it’s football , a sport which we enjoy watching that’s all.

their sentences were a joke, should be a retrial and murder charges. scum

Eight men were found guilty of violent disorder, while Rhys Pullen admitted the charge. They were sentenced to the following:
  • Five years for Ryan Carter, 21, of York Road, Southend
  • Four years for Jamie Chambers, 24, of Coleman Street, Southend
  • Three-and-a-half years for Lewis Courtnell, 34, of Stadium Road, Southend
  • Three-and-a-half years for Scott Nicholls, 40, of Little Spenders, Basildon
  • Three-and-a-half years for Matthew Petchey, 26, of Lascelles Gardens, Rochford
  • Sixteen months for Rhys Pullen, 21, of Wickford
  • Five years for Thomas Randall, 22, of Seaforth Avenue, Southend
  • Five years for Alexander Woods, 25, of Fairmead Avenue, Westcliff
  • Three years for James Woods, 25, of Fairmead Avenue, Westcliff
Three men were jailed for conspiracy to commit violent disorder:
  • Three years for Greg Allen, 29, of Western Avenue, Westcliff
  • Three years for Phil McGill, 32, of Hornby Avenue, Westcliff
  • Two-and-half-years for Michael Shawyer, 31, of Belgrave Road, Leigh-on-Sea
All of the men were given a 10-year football banning order.
Ian Young, 41, of Brightwell Avenue, Westcliff was found guilty of assisting an offender by hiding the group while police were conducting a search. He will be sentenced next month.

one on one they couldnt fight sleep, see below

Simon may you rest in peace. May the scumbags who did this to you rot in hell. Preferably following a slow and painful end.

I’m not usually a vindictive person but I’ll make an exception in this case. Cowardly scum. And the pitiful sentences they got just make it worse.

Sickening to hear this news,feel awful for his family and friends.I hope a few amongst our support and other teams support take heed, violence at football or for any other reason only has one consequence,and this young man has had his life cut short because of it shocking.

their sentences were a joke, should be a retrial and murder charges. scum

Eight men were found guilty of violent disorder, while Rhys Pullen admitted the charge. They were sentenced to the following:
  • Five years for Ryan Carter, 21, of York Road, Southend
  • Four years for Jamie Chambers, 24, of Coleman Street, Southend
  • Three-and-a-half years for Lewis Courtnell, 34, of Stadium Road, Southend
  • Three-and-a-half years for Scott Nicholls, 40, of Little Spenders, Basildon
  • Three-and-a-half years for Matthew Petchey, 26, of Lascelles Gardens, Rochford
  • Sixteen months for Rhys Pullen, 21, of Wickford
  • Five years for Thomas Randall, 22, of Seaforth Avenue, Southend
  • Five years for Alexander Woods, 25, of Fairmead Avenue, Westcliff
  • Three years for James Woods, 25, of Fairmead Avenue, Westcliff
Three men were jailed for conspiracy to commit violent disorder:
  • Three years for Greg Allen, 29, of Western Avenue, Westcliff
  • Three years for Phil McGill, 32, of Hornby Avenue, Westcliff
  • Two-and-half-years for Michael Shawyer, 31, of Belgrave Road, Leigh-on-Sea
All of the men were given a 10-year football banning order.
Ian Young, 41, of Brightwell Avenue, Westcliff was found guilty of assisting an offender by hiding the group while police were conducting a search. He will be sentenced next month.

one on one they couldnt fight sleep, see below

Some of them in their 30's and one a forty year old??????

Fuckin pondlife. :mad:

Just never understood the need for football violence being honest, and actually arranging a scrap before and after the game to me is absolute lunacy.
All violence is utterly abhor-able but a young man having his life so cruelly taken from him purely because he was wearing his teams top is sickening. The ‘casual’ scene needs locked down permanently.

Have been keeping tabs on this story. Sad news that he has passed.

It seems silly to me personally but I have no problems with men who choose to fight other men who want to fight like the firms of old but attacking random fans who just want at day out at the football is scumbag behaviour regardless of colours.

If it wasn't for a friend who lay ontop of Mr Dobbin and used his body as a human shield he'd have probably been killed on that day as they were just battering his head and body with kicks.

Very sad news from Cambridge as one of their fans who was so badly beaten he suffered brain damage, has passed away.

Reports say up to 20-odd supposed Southend fans attacked him.

Very sad news and can’t ever understand that level of violence (or any violence really).

Rest in peace.
I knew Dobbo, he was a Gunner in the RAF Regiment, a fantastic guy, this is so tragic, a family devastated by a group of cowardly wan.kers.

Have been keeping tabs on this story. Sad news that he has passed.

It seems silly to me personally but I have no problems with men who choose to fight other men who want to fight like the firms of old but attacking random fans who just want at day out at the football is scumbag behaviour regardless of colours.

If it wasn't for a friend who lay ontop of Mr Dobbin and used his body as a human shield he'd have probably been killed on that day as they were just battering his head and body with kicks.

Horrible to hear this mate. First time I am hearing about this story.

I hope his friend who saved him wasn't too badly injured?

Very sad news from Cambridge as one of their fans who was so badly beaten he suffered brain damage, has passed away.

Reports say up to 20-odd supposed Southend fans attacked him.

Very sad news and can’t ever understand that level of violence (or any violence really).

Rest in peace.
Rest in peace. Poor bugger.

This is an example to all those giving it the big yin about wanting to batter someone. Absolutely horrific to do this to someone.

Can see the state of the scumbags at court here:

And the reporting further down details how they were trying to cover their tracks. Cowardly wankers

How after reading that did they get such low sentences.

Obviously too late for the sentences to be changed.

It would be good if the national media highlighted the story just to shame them and highlight to other wannabe hard men the potentially consequences.

I just hope they all feel guilty as hell and hope that every time football is mentioned it is a constant reminder.

Back