Cambridge Utd fan killed

Just read the last of his attackers was released a few months ago.

An utterly disgraceful sentence for effectively killing someone.
I was just about to ask if they got the bastards. Obviously did but the justice system shown up again regarding its leniancy.

Our justice system is needing overhauled the law seems to be more on the side of people who carry out crime than the victims

Been Cambridge United loads of times with my old man as it’s the cheapest tickets around here, remember this happening and still effects me the same.

Get so angry then feel so sad, seeing that his wife has supported him after I couldn’t imagine what it was like.

Wont get my hopes up but interesting to see police are investigating again now that he has unfortunately passed. Those scumbags lost nothing in comparison to that family.

their sentences were a joke, should be a retrial and murder charges. scum

Eight men were found guilty of violent disorder, while Rhys Pullen admitted the charge. They were sentenced to the following:
  • Five years for Ryan Carter, 21, of York Road, Southend
  • Four years for Jamie Chambers, 24, of Coleman Street, Southend
  • Three-and-a-half years for Lewis Courtnell, 34, of Stadium Road, Southend
  • Three-and-a-half years for Scott Nicholls, 40, of Little Spenders, Basildon
  • Three-and-a-half years for Matthew Petchey, 26, of Lascelles Gardens, Rochford
  • Sixteen months for Rhys Pullen, 21, of Wickford
  • Five years for Thomas Randall, 22, of Seaforth Avenue, Southend
  • Five years for Alexander Woods, 25, of Fairmead Avenue, Westcliff
  • Three years for James Woods, 25, of Fairmead Avenue, Westcliff
Three men were jailed for conspiracy to commit violent disorder:
  • Three years for Greg Allen, 29, of Western Avenue, Westcliff
  • Three years for Phil McGill, 32, of Hornby Avenue, Westcliff
  • Two-and-half-years for Michael Shawyer, 31, of Belgrave Road, Leigh-on-Sea
All of the men were given a 10-year football banning order.
Ian Young, 41, of Brightwell Avenue, Westcliff was found guilty of assisting an offender by hiding the group while police were conducting a search. He will be sentenced next month.

one on one they couldnt fight sleep, see below

These bastards deserve some karma as soon as possible , then to burn in hell for eternity , absolute scum!
Rest easy Simon.

Horrible to hear this mate. First time I am hearing about this story.

I hope his friend who saved him wasn't too badly injured?
I don't remember hearing anything about the friend and have had a look back at some older articles about it so assume the attack stopped when he laid down on him. The attack lasted less than 2 minutes. Sickening to think what damage was done in that time.

Gut wrenching reading this story. Normal guy goes to watch his team and ends up firstly seriously disabled now dead. Hope the cnts that did it live with it rest of their lives.

RIP Simon. A normal innocent football fan going to watch his team didnt deserve this. Nobody does. Watched his story on Nick Knowles Diy S.O.S programme. Dont mind admitting having a tear in the eye

Back