Cameras to show offsides properly.

They’re fucking horrendous on RTV.
They are not that good on BT either.
I am sure the game against Hearts when Alfie scored and there was a huge uproar that it was the most offside goal ever in the history of the game, that I saw an angle that suggested if it even was offside it was by a smidgen.
However, none of the angles shown on television were any good and none showed the moment when the ball was actually struck forward in relation to when Alfie started his initial movement.

There is one! They just used it in the post match chat.
I'd paused at half time so I'm about 20 mins behind on the live feed.
Outrageous it's not used in normal time and of better quality!

Sounds like folks are wanting RangersTV to go with the Sky coverage of 21 cameras or whatever. Today's game was ONLY on RangersTV, they don't have enough cameras or capability to use everything they do have, in a live broadcast. When the highlights and other media comes up in the next few days they will have the angles from the GoPro cameras etc. All about the money I would guess.

FWIW, both looked offside to me. However, even if a replay showed them to be onside it simply reinforces the point we are all already aware of - the officials in Scotland are shite. It doesn't get us the 'goals' back. It doesn't change a thing knowing the officials got it wrong - if they did.

Guys this game is covered by rangers tv who have 3 cameras. They can’t have what sky and BT have to cover games (12-15).

They have 18yd cameras which are used for relays when there is offsides, be a fortune for rangers tv to do that every game
But the fact is that they don't even show the replay from the original camera, allowing us to make a judgement.
They always show a different angle with no way of knowing.
Not just rtv, sky and bt do it as well, particularly when it's content

Guys this game is covered by rangers tv who have 3 cameras. They can’t have what sky and BT have to cover games (12-15).

They have 18yd cameras which are used for relays when there is offsides, be a fortune for rangers tv to do that every game
Agree that high quality cameras would be too expensive but I'm sure we could get some cheap cameras just to view across the pitch for offsides.

I actually burst out laughing when they showed the replay of Alfie’s disallowed goal. Will we show it from an angle that might prove if it’s offside? Nah, let’s show it from the Broomloan end:D

You also need to remember that premiership games not on tv are covered by the same 3 cameras that rangers tv have. That’s it.

In England non televised premiership games have at least 8 cameras.

We just don’t have the money

I actually burst out laughing when they showed the replay of Alfie’s disallowed goal. Will we show it from an angle that might prove if it’s offside? Nah, let’s show it from the Broomloan end:D
This is the point though isn't it.
The camera exists so why not use it?

Eh, maybe because everybody watching would have liked to have seen it from an angle that could have proved if it was offside one way or another. Do you think showing it from the other end of the pitch helped?

I'm pretty certain that the cameras that will show it from the angles we need are the GoPro cameras. Don't know the technical issues behind it but I'd guess they record to internal disk/card rather than send live pictures. That's a guess by the way.

RangersTV aren't going to have the number of cameras required to show what folks want 'live'. You just have to look around the Stadium/gantry to see they aren't there when its a game that's not picked up by the broadcast companies. If its a game Sky are screening (with RangersTV piggy-backing on their coverage) then you have a fighting chance.

What bloody difference will extra cameras make? It's not as if the ref is going to look at the broadcast then change his mind. Just be thankful that we could actually see the game live.

What bloody difference will extra cameras make? It's not as if the ref is going to look at the broadcast then change his mind. Just be thankful that we could actually see the game live.

What a bizarre statement to make. I don’t think anybody suggested the referee might change his mind.:D

I can't believe all this crap over a friendly lol, ffs get a grip will youse! a lot of changes, a lot of players getting some game time etc.. will be totally different once the REAL games kick in. calm the %^*& down

So what difference does it make.

If there’s a controversial decision during the match, getting to find out if it was the right decision is a nice wee bonus that we have become accustomed to when watching on tv. It’s not going to make Brexit happen any quicker, it’s not going to solve the problem of global warming, but it’s good to know either way.

If there’s a controversial decision during the match, getting to find out if it was the right decision is a nice wee bonus that we have become accustomed to when watching on tv. It’s not going to make Brexit happen any quicker, it’s not going to solve the problem of global warming, but it’s good to know either way.

Ach, FF had established both were offside, with screenshots, within 15 minutes of the game ending. What’s the rush?;)

We already have Go_Pros in the nets. It isn't beyond the wit of man to place a couple of remote (or even fixed cameras like they use in cricket for run-outs) in line with the 18 yard line. They wouldn't always have a perfect view but they'd usually give a pretty good angle.

We already have Go_Pros in the nets. It isn't beyond the wit of man to place a couple of remote (or even fixed cameras like they use in cricket for run-outs) in line with the 18 yard line. They wouldn't always have a perfect view but they'd usually give a pretty good angle.

We have them - and we use them. You see it in the post-match footage later in the week. Correct me if I’m wrong though, does the GoPro not record ‘on board’ and is therefore not broadcast-able on live tv?

We have them - and we use them. You see it in the post-match footage later in the week. Correct me if I’m wrong though, does the GoPro not record ‘on board’ and is therefore not broadcast-able on live tv?

I was just meaning that we've worked out how to place a camera on a fixed mount and take pictures without the expense of a cameraman. Not too hard to mount a "webcam" the same way

There didn’t seem to be many fans in the Enclosure complaining when Alfie’s goal was disallowed... So going by that assumption it must have been.
Who needs VAR when we have the Enclosure lol

Let's be honest here.Alfredo's understanding of the offside rule seems very limited for a striker.

Wherever the camera is positioned.

Let's be honest here.Alfredo's understanding of the offside rule seems very limited for a striker.

Wherever the camera is positioned.

Did you watch Sadiq against the sheep?

I think he was offside in that game more times than Morelos has in his whole Rangers career. :D

Back