Cameron Norrie comes from good stock

First time I've heard him speak. Weirdest accent. Can hear a hint of Scottish in there and a little American but mostly its a New Zealand accent (as you'd expect to be fair). No sign of his Mum's Welshie 'jumble up the letters and see how they fall' nonsense.:) Great win today. Not as comfortable as it looks on paper in my opinion, small margins.

What a difference today….having been at Centre Court for the previous game, watching on TV today and having to endure Andrew Castle whittering on about his garden!

Great performance again by Cam, seems to be growing into playing on grass and this tournament.

Keep it going Cam, as well as doing yourself proud you are filling a sporting void at the moment for many of us.

First time I've heard him speak. Weirdest accent. Can hear a hint of Scottish in there and a little American but mostly its a New Zealand accent (as you'd expect to be fair). No sign of his Mum's Welshie 'jumble up the letters and see how they fall' nonsense.:) Great win today. Not as comfortable as it looks on paper in my opinion, small margins.
and sud afrika,
last brit standing in singles.

What a difference today….having been at Centre Court for the previous game, watching on TV today and having to endure Andrew Castle whittering on about his garden!

Great performance again by Cam, seems to be growing into playing on grass and this tournament.

Keep it going Cam, as well as doing yourself proud you are filling a sporting void at the moment for many of us.
Definitely can make the semifinals.

From 2018

Norrie Jnr hasn’t been in Glasgow since a whistlestop visit prior to Junior Wimbledon as a teenager but he has visited his uncle Alex and his cousins in Kintore, Aberdeenshire, and having a proper look around the place is on his to-do list. “I’ve never done the tour with my dad, but I am sure he will show me everything I need to see this time around,” said Norrie. “I might even go to a Rangers game – if I can squeeze one in. I am not the biggest fan personally, but my dad is a huge fan, he grew up watching their matches all his life. So if I was to pick out of the two it would be Rangers, which is something Leon definitely wouldn’t agree with!”

Norrie's da loyal :))
I went to school (Kings Park) in the sixties and was friends with an Alex Norrie. Cameron’s dad David looks exactly like an older version of Alex.
I have since learned that Cameron’s dad was brought up in Kings Park and think that Alex and Cameron’s dad may be brothers.
The Alex that I knew was also a big Rangers fan.
I note the reference above to Alex staying in Kintore . Do you know if he moved there from Kings Park or is this just all coincidence.

I went to school (Kings Park) in the sixties and was friends with an Alex Norrie. Cameron’s dad David looks exactly like an older version of Alex.
I have since learned that Cameron’s dad was brought up in Kings Park and think that Alex and Cameron’s dad may be brothers.
The Alex that I knew was also a big Rangers fan.
I note the reference above to Alex staying in Kintore . Do you know if he moved there from Kings Park or is this just all coincidence.
Never knew David’s brother but David was at KP from c. 1967-73 and I think they lived in 2nd Ave if that helps.

Nicknamed " Nudge " was in school football team and basketball
I seem to remember nickname was ‘Nodge’ but it was a long time ago and could well have been ‘Nudge’.

Doubt he’s been called either in 50 years so probably better I stick with David now!

Last edited:
Never knew David’s brother but David was at KP from c. 1967-73 and I think they lived in 2nd Ave if that helps.
Yes that’s the same family. Alex Norrie stayed in Second Avenue, in the red sandstone houses down past Aitkenhead Road, and had a younger brother.
Not a coincidence after all.

Back