Cammy Palmer joins Linfield

DMB1

Seen Linfield have just announced Cammy Palmer. Anyone close to the academy know if he’s a decent player and what his preferrred position is?

RANGERS can today announce Academy midfielder Cammy Palmer has joined NIFL Premiership side Linfield on a permanent deal, subject to international clearance.

The 20 year-old Northern Ireland youth international, who has been at Rangers Academy since the of 11, has spent this season on-loan at Clyde having previously had time away from Gers at Partick Thistle and Orange County.

Head of Academy, Craig Mullholland commented "Everyone at Rangers would like to wish Cammy well on the next step in his journey.

"Cammy is a fantastic young man, supported brilliantly by a very strong family unit and I am sure he will do very well at Linfield.

"We are delighted that another young Rangers Academy player will move to a positive destination, working with an excellent Manager in David Healy, in an agreement which provides Rangers with good future opportunities from a playing and commercial perspective.

"Cammy will always be welcome back to Ibrox and we all wish him good luck in this new chapter in his career."

"We are delighted that another young Rangers Academy player will move to a positive destination, working with an excellent Manager in David Healy, in an agreement which provides Rangers with good future opportunities from a playing and commercial perspective.

This part is interesting. Anyone know more? Would be good if we are able to send some more players to Linfield to get games

Seen Linfield have just announced Cammy Palmer. Anyone close to the academy know if he’s a decent player and what his preferrred position is?
Midfielder, loves tackle & comfortable in possession. He captained our youth teams at some levels, really hard working player.

Big Leeds fan.

I actually thought he’d stay at OC, due to his Canadian roots I thought he might have enjoyed being that side of the world.

Last edited:
i liked him in the youth teams, thought he had a real chance. for me, he's a deep laying midfielder, similar to davis current position, not box to box or running in behind but capable nonetheless. he is a really tidy player. i am not sure how he has developed over the last couple of years tho.

Midfielder, loves tackle & comfortable in possession. He captained our youth teams at some levels, really hard working player.

Big Leeds fan.

I actually thought he’d stay at OC, due to his Canadian roots I thought he might have enjoyed being that side of the world.
Doesn't he have NI roots as well or am I thinking of Finlayson?

Doesn't he have NI roots as well or am I thinking of Finlayson?
He does, he plays for NI youths.

Born in Leeds, emigrated to Canada at a young age & has family from NI so plays for them.

Speaks with quite a bizarre accent because of it :))

He was recommended to Rangers by Andy Kennedy, whilst playing in Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: LD5
I haven’t seen much of the lad tbh, what i did see was impressive. Shame it’s not worked out.

His mums Scottish, dads northern Irish, he was born in Leeds but lived in Canada when younger due to his dads job, picked NI to play for as he felt he had the best opportunity with them. Quite sad he’s leaving, I thought he’d make it, he has quite a good work ethic and a good player to boot.

He is just 20 so this isn’t too bad a move for a fledgling footballer . Has a lot of qualities and has a professional ethic plus spirit .
I think he will use this opportunity well and move on to even better things than the mighty Linfield .

good luck Cammy

Always liked the look of him. Good development move for the lad and really hope to see him at some point in the future. As someone else already mentioned he has a wee bit of the Ryan Jack about him and he's done not too badly.

Best wishes to Cammy as he continues to develop his career. Unsure of the details in his contract but he is one for us to keep an eye on in any case.

Back