Cammy Palmer

gerrard32

See the boy has been offered and signed a one year extension to the one year he had left.
What peoples opinions on him, seems a bit like we are hedging our bets or a little reward for winning the reserve lge?
At 19, he is old enough if good enough, if he is to become first team material he really should be knocking the door soon.

Im guessing Rangers know what they are doing, but this seems like a fine line they are cutting with this lad, considering the few times I’ve seen him, he has looked a real prospect.

I really hope this boy doesn’t slip the net.

Is Aiden Wilson still at Rangers ? Odd one, made a couple of starts under the bold Pedro and looked not bad, yet has never been seen since.

I’ve only seen the young guy a few times and he looks a fantastic prospect

Glides across the pitch and great in the tackle

Looks a natural leader

Surprised it’s only a one year extension

I don’t think we can afford to lose these players so if he’s doing well give him a run in the LC and give him access to the1st team. Lad looks a cracker

Off topic but does anyone know the story with Mcpake?

Haven't see much but ,from what I did, the boy looks a player.

I’ve only seen the young guy a few times and he looks a fantastic prospect

Glides across the pitch and great in the tackle

Looks a natural leader

Surprised it’s only a one year extension

I don’t think we can afford to lose these players so if he’s doing well give him a run in the LC and give him access to the1st team. Lad looks a cracker

Have to agree about the one year mate. That disappoints me.

Maybe it’s the boys decision ?

Glad he’s signed a contract extension and at 19 already should be getting on the first team bench now and again and achieving a few substitute appearances. Can’t afford to lose talented youngsters like him.

See the boy has been offered and signed a one year extension to the one year he had left.
What peoples opinions on him, seems a bit like we are hedging our bets or a little reward for winning the reserve lge?
At 19, he is old enough if good enough, if he is to become first team material he really should be knocking the door soon.

All youths develop at different rates mate.

Derek Johnstone was a man at 16, whereas guys like Palmer and Kelly have a huge amount of developing still to do.

These boys are 3 years younger than Docherty remember.

Reactions: ZvP
Is Aiden Wilson still at Rangers ? Odd one, made a couple of starts under the bold Pedro and looked not bad, yet has never been seen since.

He never progressed mate unfortunately.

Had a couple of unsuccessful loans at lower division clubs.

Seen him quite a bit with reserves/ under 20,s always the captain
Not sure if any of the young boys are going to make the step up ,I sincerely hope so, him & young Kelly appear to be the most likely, Mcpake hot & cold from what I've seen
My mate in Hong Kong said Palmer was the stand out in the 7,s

Could be to give him a really direct challenge Eddie & maybe a big lucrative contract if he succeeds as you suggest ?

My brother loves the boy I must admit.
Could be Grigo. These boys all need managed differently. Maybe someone has decided that this is what he needs for him to push on. Haven't seen much of him but he's impressed when I have.

Could be Grigo. These boys all need managed differently. Maybe someone has decided that this is what he needs for him to push on. Haven't seen much of him but he's impressed when I have.

I agree Eddie. Would be a bummer to not give the boy a chance & then 5 years later he’s in the Scotland team & starring :mad:

We lose patience too quickly with our youth.
Sometimes, without even seeing them play.
Just because they aren’t Derek Johnstone types scoring at sixteen or the Willie Henderson type playing for Scotland at seventeen or Barry Ferguson type ripping the p out of German internationals at about nineteen, doesn’t mean they aren’t going to make it.
If Gerrard and his team feel a three year contract is a good idea and the lad could develop, trust him.
There is no reason to believe Gerrard would be throwing his career away by offering contracts to no hopers.

Seen him quite a bit with reserves/ under 20,s always the captain
Not sure if any of the young boys are going to make the step up ,I sincerely hope so, him & young Kelly appear to be the most likely, Mcpake hot & cold from what I've seen
My mate in Hong Kong said Palmer was the stand out in the 7,s
Cammy decent but not as big a prospect as Kelly for me young Kelly has great vision and skills to execute a pass I just think cammy is a very very hard working boy,mcpake has talent but needs to learn to use the ball,and the younger one again Kennedy is definitely the big prospect for me along with few others in that team have a chance off making pro.

What story?
Apologies, I should have been clearer.

Has he signed a new deal?

I'd seen he was linked to Liverpool and Roma but unsure how long his contract is?

Looked a good prospect although I've only seen him play once.

Cammy decent but not as big a prospect as Kelly for me young Kelly has great vision and skills to execute a pass I just think cammy is a very very hard working boy,mcpake has talent but needs to learn to use the ball,and the younger one again Kennedy is definitely the big prospect for me along with few others in that team have a chance off making pro.

Would you play Palmer before Rossister Dorrans Docherty Holt Barjonas

I would play Kelly before them but not cammy I feel cammy is the workman like player whether Kelly has touch of class,so answer no mate Docherty is probably ahead in the graft game only my opinion.

Me personally would have him and doc in and around the first team.
I think palmer is a excellent prospect reminds me a bit of Barry Feguson. I don't think the rest you mentioned will cut it for various reasons

Me personally would have him and doc in and around the first team.
I think palmer is a excellent prospect reminds me a bit of Barry Feguson. I don't think the rest you mentioned will cut it for various reasons

I also consider Palmer to be in the Ferguson mould

Slight but aggressive and intelligent on the ball. Doesn’t panic and as others have said he looks to be a natural leader.

Boy needs games, games, games!!!

I also consider Palmer to be in the Ferguson mould

Slight but aggressive and intelligent on the ball. Doesn’t panic and as others have said he looks to be a natural leader.

Boy needs games, games, games!!!

Agree completely he is really good on the ball and works the pitch well.
I think our problem at the moment is the demand for success from our support to stop them getting ten can hinder our youth in terms of game time they will get we need players who are ready to hit the ground running right away because we have no room for error which is unfortunate for the youngsters but he is a cracking prospect hope he makes the breakthrough

Only seen him play once I think it was BP Youth Cup ? Won everything in the middle and looked really solid.

Agree completely he is really good on the ball and works the pitch well.
I think our problem at the moment is the demand for success from our support to stop them getting ten can hinder our youth in terms of game time they will get we need players who are ready to hit the ground running right away because we have no room for error which is unfortunate for the youngsters but he is a cracking prospect hope he makes the breakthrough
We need to stop their tainted run. For me, that’s the most important thing for this season. The rest can come later.

Get these young yins like Cammy in for training with the first teamers and they'll come on leaps and bounds.

You will find one or two getn first team experience.

Remember Ross McCrorie getn established in the first team squad. That's the way forward for others.

Back