Can Alfie’s yellow card be rescinded?

It was said on sky yellows for simulation can be appealed.

Gerrards words in a post match interview upon learning this were
"well then we will definitely be appealing it"

:))

Yes and we should appeal, there must be a suspension for accumulating bookings so get it withdrawn.

We can and we will and we will win.

Absolutely ridiculous decision making from the officials.

You would like to think that common sense would prevail and it would be rescinded however this is Scotland and a Rangers player so the yellow will probably be upheld.

It was said on sky yellows for simulation can be appealed.

Gerrards words in a post match interview upon learning this were
"well then we will definitely be appealing it"

:))
Always thought you could only appeal for mistaken identity. Was this always the case?

Always thought you could only appeal for mistaken identity. Was this always the case?
I'm not sure how long it has been part of the process but a yellow cards for mistaken identity and simulation have been able to be appealed for a few seasons.

Funnily enough, if Beaton hadn't booked Alfie, less would have been made of the incident.
Referees get this sort of thing wrong on a regular basis and usually, it can be put down to not seeing the incident fully and thus being undecided.
However, as soon as Beaton books Alfie he is declaring to the world that he had a clear view and that he was 100% sure of what he had seen.

Somewhere in all of this, there is a lie.

The Livi manager said it was a penalty so the SFA would look silly if they don't recind it. I wouldn't be surprised if they upheld the yellow because it's Alfie.

Funnily enough, if Beaton hadn't booked Alfie, less would have been made of the incident.
Referees get this sort of thing wrong on a regular basis and usually, it can be put down to not seeing the incident fully and thus being undecided.
However, as soon as Beaton books Alfie he is declaring to the world that he had a clear view and that he was 100% sure of what he had seen.

Exfuckingactly!!!

The Livi manager said it was a penalty so the SFA would look silly if they don't recind it. I wouldn't be surprised if they upheld the yellow because it's Alfie.
In this country because it's Alfie they will upgrade it to a red.

Martindale, Crocker, Walker, Boyd, Lovett, everyone involved in the game saw it as a penalty except for the three officials, failure to rescind it will simply be further proof that Rangers, and Alfredo in particular, are refereed to a different standard.

Beaton has probably phoned SG today to apologise!

You can't just let a blatant injustice like this go. Appeal until you're red in the face. Then appeal again. The SFA and match officials need to be brought to account for years' of one-sided bias against RFC.

IMO Beaton needs to be scrutinised at every level
He really has consistently shown bias & incompetence for far too long

I know our appeal probably won't matter a great deal in the overall scheme of things ‐ but whether it's successful or not - it still needs recorded under Beaton's list of misdemeanors & suspect decisions

The more his behaviour is highlighted & investigated - the more likely he'll be held to account - not necessarily now - but hopefully soon

Martindale, Crocker, Walker, Boyd, Lovett, everyone involved in the game saw it as a penalty except for the three officials, failure to rescind it will simply be further proof that Rangers, and Alfredo in particular, are refereed to a different standard.
Michael Stewart “ could see how the ref thought it was a dive, but it probably was a penalty”.

Rangers have appealed it

Notice of Claim | Alfredo Morelos, Player, Rangers FC​

Thursday 4 March 2021
Player: Alfredo Morelos, Rangers FC

Match: Livingston FC v Rangers FC on 3 March 2021

Competition: SPFL Premiership

Offence: B1k - Commits an act of simulation

Claim: Wrongful Caution for Simulation

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Friday 5 March 2021

Nail on head!

But can we trust the people who look at these incidents? They have previous form that doesn't really give me confidence in their fairness.But this must be overturned.

Rangers have appealed it

Notice of Claim | Alfredo Morelos, Player, Rangers FC​

Thursday 4 March 2021
Player: Alfredo Morelos, Rangers FC

Match: Livingston FC v Rangers FC on 3 March 2021

Competition: SPFL Premiership

Offence: B1k - Commits an act of simulation

Claim: Wrongful Caution for Simulation

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Friday 5 March 2021

They haven't appealed Gerrard's second yellow yet.

I can understand why he got the first yellow, he shouldn't really have been so aggressive to the ref, but he was walking away and got a second yellow for not really doing anything more.

Has Beaton had to explain officially why he gave him a second yellow?

Whilst I agree, I will point out the ref a few weeks ago carded Roofe v St Johnstone. So basically he also declared to the world he saw what happened, he was quick to change his tune though.

Exactly right BB

For arguments sake - let's presume Beaton's view is obscured by the keepers body as it's hit the ground at the same time as Alfie's knocked the ball past him
That would mean Beaton can't tell if contact on Alfie has been made

The decision - to not give a pen - at that point is almost understandable - although incorrect

But to then book Alfie - suggests he's seen enough to call it simulation - which is equally incorrect

I'd argue this whole episode gives an enormous & accurate insight into Beaton's cheatin'

Whilst I agree, I will point out the ref a few weeks ago carded Roofe v St Johnstone. So basically he also declared to the world he saw what happened, he was quick to change his tune though.
In that particular case, the lie came later.
But in both, at heart, there appears to be a lie.

I think Steven Gerrard is becoming sick of the dishonesty.

Exactly right BB

For arguments sake - let's presume Beaton's view is obscured by the keepers body as it's hit the ground at the same time as Alfie's knocked the ball past him
That would mean Beaton can't tell if contact on Alfie has been made

The decision - to not give a pen - at that point is almost understandable - although incorrect

But to then book Alfie - suggests he's seen enough to call it simulation - which is equally incorrect

I'd argue this whole episode gives an enormous & accurate insight into Beaton's cheatin'
The only logical explanation for Beaton's behaviour is the linesman assuring him it was a dive. Logic and Scottish referees do not travel hand in hand unfortunately.

Back