Can anyone offer any info about this badge?

Disco Deejay

My grandmother was given this 'Rangers Football Club Member' blazer badge in the 60's by someone called Johnny MacDonald, who was "high up in Rangers".

I've searched through google and haven't been able to find anything similar, suggesting it might be quite rare. Can anyone offer any info, or a possible value, as I have told my daughter that it's going to be hers.

Badge1.jpg

Close up...

Badge2.jpg

My grandmother was given this 'Rangers Football Club Member' blazer badge in the 60's by someone called Johnny MacDonald, who was "high up in Rangers".

I've searched through google and haven't been able to find anything similar, suggesting it might be quite rare. Can anyone offer any info, or a possible value, as I have told my daughter that it's going to be hers.

Badge1.jpg

Close up...

Badge2.jpg

Couldnt tell you a thing about it mate but it's a belter.

Not sure on this one but in the days before modern day hospitality there was a members section in the main stand (section L maybe) sat adjacent to and partly behind the visiting section of the directors box. Had it's own lounge but with fairly basic facilities.

Might be related to that.

Was in there for a few seasons myself late 70's.
An old uncle had a couple of tickets and although he was no longer able to attend was reluctant to give up the tickets so I got the benefit for a few years :cool:.
There were a few household names in there back in the day

Not sure on this one but in the days before modern day hospitality there was a members section in the main stand (section L maybe) sat adjacent to and partly behind the visiting section of the directors box. Had it's own lounge but with fairly basic facilities.

Might be related to that.

With added benefit of being allowed to park your car in The Albion!

Fantastic badge. I was given something similar by my grandfather in late 60s early 70s. I pestered my mum to stich it on to my school blazer but it caused such a fuss at dear old Simshill Primary that it was taken off me and I got sent home with a note at the end of the day telling my mum to remove it.

I had forgotten all about it until I saw your pic and sadly, have no idea where it ended up.

Back