Can anyone see King selling his shares?

BattlefieldBlue

As the question says, can anyone see King selling his shares if the right person shows up?

We are clearly lacking any sort of leadership at the top and I don't see how we are ever going to compete financially to stop them doing 10 in a row.

I know this is a big IF but hypothetically can we see this ever happening?

Maybe not selling his shares but I could certainly see him stepping down as Chairman in the not too distant future to allow someone else to take these reigns.

In fact i'd think there is a high chance of this.

Would Jim McColl be a possibility. He was mentioned loads a while ago and I thought he'd become a prominent figure once we got rid of the spivs.

The guy got us out of the worst shite we’ve ever been in and you want him to punt his shares, according to some cranks on RM he’s bought them to make a profit. We have some nutters in our support.

Never once said I wanted rid of him. However, King may feel the pressure to sell if the right person is there and he doesn't have the finances to take us where we want to be.

As the question says, can anyone see King selling his shares if the right person shows up?

We are clearly lacking any sort of leadership at the top and I don't see how we are ever going to compete financially to stop them doing 10 in a row.

The board have invested £16m over the last 12 months alone. A further £9m has been provided by King for the future.

What level of investment are you expecting?

We have a board who have ploughed many millions into this club and continue to do so. Pedro was given 8-9m to spend which was more than acceptable.

It's fair to question the appointment of Pedro as it was clearly the wrong decision but I don't see how anyone can question the financial commitment of this board.

There is no sugar daddy out there who will come in and give the manager £20m to spend. We play in a footballing backwater. The only people who will be interested in buying us is either fans like Dave King and Douglas Park who want whats best for the club or people like Mike Ashley and Charles Green who view us as a cash cow . We are very lucky to have the board we do have.

Would Jim McColl be a possibility. He was mentioned loads a while ago and I thought he'd become a prominent figure once we got rid of the spivs.

Pretty sure it was always said McColl wasn’t the least bit interested in putting money in. Don’t think he fancies pissing it down the drain.

Maybe not selling his shares but I could certainly see him stepping down as Chairman in the not too distant future to allow someone else to take these reigns.

In fact i'd think there is a high chance of this.
Agreed, it'll be AJ retaking the seat imo

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for DK - there is a limit to what he can achieve without lots of help and serious investment from elsewhere - trying to build short term plans with what he has is a tall enough order but longer-term he's obviously got his work cut out - we badly need a plan B as quickly as possible

I don't think he's in the least bit interested.

For one thing, it would lose him any goodwill that he has in this country with the noisy Snatzi majority. Would probably not be worth the hassle.

I suppose it would depend on who turned up, from reading RO article it wouldn't be soon, what is more likely is at some stage take step into background but still have a stake.
what is probably more likely is he has a plan which he will pursue regardless of what people think.

A lot will depend on the Court of Session decision which is imminent.
If the judge accepts the Take over panel position then he can make whatever order he thinks will enforce their ruling.
That’ll probably impact on financial matters in some way.

That you Mike ?

Last edited:
He's obviously got an idea of when that will be. In regards to his shares, I don't think he'll sell unless he gets a crazy offer.
Yep - King will know when to step aside as Chairman. As said - wouldn't surprise me if it was within the next 12 month's. But he will retain his shareholding.

I like King and was always a supporter but the fact he lives far away is an issue. He devotes less time to us than is ideal and not living in the Glasgow goldfish bowl, he is not surrounded by gloating fhilth.

I can’t see that where he lives is an issue. He is not the owner / sole shareholder. He is a significant but not majority shareholder and does not have the voting power to dictate what goes on. The structure of the operating company does not demand his involvement in every decisions and in the age of modern technology there is no need for him to live in Scotland to be in regular contact.

As for the sale of his share of course it will happen as nothing is forever. However at present we are effectively a fan owned Club and due to the current board our debt is quasi equity soon, hopefully, to be converted to equity increasing his holding and possibly voting power along with the other soft loan providers.

yes, and i think its in the pipeline.

Never once said I wanted rid of him. However, King may feel the pressure to sell if the right person is there and he doesn't have the finances to take us where we want to be.
The right person who has money and the will to pump it in rather than take it out? Who would that be? I’m sure we’d know him because we can’t have many billionaire fans.

Pretty sure it was always said McColl wasn’t the least bit interested in putting money in. Don’t think he fancies pissing it down the drain.

I believe he had a conflict of business interest with investments he was managing at that time.

The short answer is none of us know what he is doing as he tells us so little. Since he arrived it appears that Parks and others have put the cash up. What deal they have with King we have no idea. If the all the debt gets converted into shares then King will not be the majority owner anymore. Personally I dont really care who is Chairman but it seems that Parks/Latham etc have put their hands in their pockets more than King.

pish patter

How will the purchaser circumvent Take Over rules requiring they offer to buy all shares, estimated @ £30m?
Allow say £20m required for continuing liquidity, investment in the team & infrastructure, that'll necessitate a £50m wallet.
Anyone in mind?

I think kings vision for the future is for rangers to become self sufficiant creating our own revenue and not need loans or guys putting in millions

Back