Can anyone see King selling his shares?

From what I'm hearing... YES.

More made up pish.

What makes anyone think, after everything we've been through, "the right person" is going to come along? Who? Where've they been? What's going to make them wake up one day and want to buy Rangers? People need to stop living in fantasy land.

If anything his shareholding is going to increase.

He has provided loans which he has agreed to convert to shares. He has committed to providing a further £7m, which will also be converted to shares.

It could not be clearer that Dave King is committed to Rangers and being a major shareholder.

More made up pish.

What makes anyone think, after everything we've been through, "the right person" is going to come along? Who? Where've they been? What's going to make them wake up one day and want to buy Rangers? People need to stop living in fantasy land.
No it's not made up pish.

Nope. He's in for the long-haul and is bright enough to realise that in the long-run he'll never make his money back on them.

I don't claim to be the most clued up financially, but this is how I assumed he would make his money back.

How angel investors make their money when utilising convertible loans.

They lend money when a company is loss making and in need of cash (typically new start tech company) and agree that they may convert to equity at some time in the future but valued at the share price at the time the convertible debt was raised.

This way in 5 years or whatever the shares may be worth £1 but the lender still get to convert at the 10p they were worth 5 years earlier thereby making a 90p gain per share.

Surely that's exactly what the board will do, once the TAB decision is done and dusted?

I think he'd sell if there was a decent buyer out there
Get the impression he'd be happy to go back to being a fan if the club was in safe hands
I don't think he's in this for reasons of ego or personal glory

I think kings vision for the future is for rangers to become self sufficiant creating our own revenue and not need loans or guys putting in millions

I would agree.

King said that bringing our own players from the youth set up was important.

We can't afford to go out and buy multi-million pound players

The board have invested £16m over the last 12 months alone. A further £9m has been provided by King for the future.

What level of investment are you expecting?

We have a board who have ploughed many millions into this club and continue to do so. Pedro was given 8-9m to spend which was more than acceptable.

It's fair to question the appointment of Pedro as it was clearly the wrong decision but I don't see how anyone can question the financial commitment of this board.

There is no sugar daddy out there who will come in and give the manager £20m to spend. We play in a footballing backwater. The only people who will be interested in buying us is either fans like Dave King and Douglas Park who want whats best for the club or people like Mike Ashley and Charles Green who view us as a cash cow . We are very lucky to have the board we do have.
This... big time

What is it?
Asked admin if I could post, was told at your peril lol.

Guy who sent me this has been 100% so take it or leave as I'm only passing it on...

Down at my dads tonight he said he was out for dinner with a guy last night who told him David Murray is coming back to rangers in January with backing from a consortium from Hong Kong with plenty of cash to buy new players

I like King and was always a supporter but the fact he lives far away is an issue. He devotes less time to us than is ideal and not living in the Glasgow goldfish bowl, he is not surrounded by gloating fhilth.
I know where your coming from but can't but think if he did not devote a lot time in SA there would be even less money.

As the question says, can anyone see King selling his shares if the right person shows up?

We are clearly lacking any sort of leadership at the top and I don't see how we are ever going to compete financially to stop them doing 10 in a row.

I know this is a big IF but hypothetically can we see this ever happening?

I think if the circumstances arose and he got a good offer, i think he would sell.I don't think he likes leaving South Africa to spend time over here.Maybe Souness's pal Kennedy will invest a lump sum into the club.

The short answer is none of us know what he is doing as he tells us so little. Since he arrived it appears that Parks and others have put the cash up. What deal they have with King we have no idea. If the all the debt gets converted into shares then King will not be the majority owner anymore. Personally I dont really care who is Chairman but it seems that Parks/Latham etc have put their hands in their pockets more than King.
You sure about that? How much have they each put in?

Guy who sent me this has been 100% so take it or leave as I'm only passing it on...

Down at my dads tonight he said he was out for dinner with a guy last night who told him David Murray is coming back to rangers in January with backing from a consortium from Hong Kong with plenty of cash to buy new players

Popcorn time

The board have invested £16m over the last 12 months alone. A further £9m has been provided by King for the future.

We have a board who have ploughed many millions into this club and continue to do so. Pedro was given 8-9m to spend which was more than acceptable.

It's fair to question the appointment of Pedro as it was clearly the wrong decision but I don't see how anyone can question the financial commitment of this board.

There is no sugar daddy out there who will come in and give the manager £20m to spend. We play in a footballing backwater. The only people who will be interested in buying us is either fans like Dave King and Douglas Park who want whats best for the club or people like Mike Ashley and Charles Green who view us as a cash cow . We are very lucky to have the board we do have.
This is the truth. It seems the realism we saw when the current board played a blinder and snatched control from the spivs has largely disappeared. Most at that time recognised the complete clusterf*ck they inherited, that they were fire fighting left, right and centre and that there were onerous contracts all over the place. The recognition was it would take years to fix. That was and remains the reality.

Don't get me wrong, the board has made mistakes, which will make the recovery process longer than it might otherwise have been. However, anyone who thought it would be a smooth road to recovery with no backward steps along the way, was simply deluding themselves.

The short answer is none of us know what he is doing as he tells us so little. Since he arrived it appears that Parks and others have put the cash up. What deal they have with King we have no idea. If the all the debt gets converted into shares then King will not be the majority owner anymore. Personally I dont really care who is Chairman but it seems that Parks/Latham etc have put their hands in their pockets more than King.

@Oatlands

King has put the majority of the money in so far, it was in the accounts a few weeks back.

Edit. From the accounts:

Total debt balance of £15.9m broken down as follows:

• New Oasis Asset Limited (Dave King): £6.7m
  • Directors (Douglas Park, John Bennet & Paul Murray): £3.8m
  • Other related parties (George Taylor, George Letham, Andrew Ross, Barry Scott & Scott Murdoch): £5.4m

Last edited:
A lot will depend on the Court of Session decision which is imminent.
If the judge accepts the Take over panel position then he can make whatever order he thinks will enforce their ruling.
That’ll probably impact on financial matters in some way.
Whatever the CofS outcome, it is I think highly likely that the loser will appeal to the Supreme Court, which will take another year or the like.

How will the purchaser circumvent Take Over rules requiring they offer to buy all shares, estimated @ £30m?
Allow say £20m required for continuing liquidity, investment in the team & infrastructure, that'll necessitate a £50m wallet.
Anyone in mind?
A purchaser from King wouldn't have a problem as the stake acquired would be less than 30%. It would only be a problem if the purchaser was one of T3B etc. or was otherwise part of a concert party which would have more than 30%.

F**king christ on a bike.

:eek::eek:

Holy Guacamole

A purchaser from King wouldn't have a problem as the stake acquired would be less than 30%. It would only be a problem if the purchaser was one of T3B etc. or was otherwise part of a concert party which would have more than 30%.
DK claims to not be in a concert party.

I looked at Twitter on Saturday night and Dave King, Paul Murray, Chris Graham, Mark Dingwall , Sons of Struth, Club 1872 were all to blame for the clubs current state. I then realised that we have some absolute Zoomers in our support and wondered are they actually bears at all. So hopefully Dave King is around to unfurl the flag on the 55th title.

Whatever the CofS outcome, it is I think highly likely that the loser will appeal to the Supreme Court, which will take another year or the like.
Doubt it.
It isn’t a complex legal issue. Supreme Court don’t have to hear it if they don’t want to.

David Murray could ride up edmiston drive on a white charger, Peter lawwell being dragged naked on rope behind, holding inland revenue demands for the dodgy film company beneficiaries, and a treasure chest of £100m in cash, and I'd still tell him to gtf for what he's put the support through

From what I'm hearing... YES.

You're another guy talking totally spurious pish.

King has bought shares, loaned the club around £7m so far and has confirmed he will be putting in more. He took Ashley head on no won. He was in a court against Ashley 2 years ago and could have been sent to prison had he lost.
He won and has NEVER let us down. We can complain about the day to operation and it can and must be improved but all the crap about King selling is utter pish.
Oh and all this after he lost £20m when SDM failed to deliver..

He and some others have sunk a lot of money into Rangers recently which I always thought the intent with is to convert to shares when that is possible. That hurdle has to be cleared before anything would happen I'd think.

Last edited:
You're another guy talking totally spurious pish.

King has bought shares, loaned the club around £7m so far and has confirmed he will be putting in more. He took Ashley head on no won. He was in a court against Ashley 2 years ago and could have been sent to prison had he lost.
He won and has NEVER let us down. We can complain about the day to operation and it can and must be improved but all the crap about King selling is utter pish.
Oh and all this after he lost £20m when SDM failed to deliver..
I'm talking no pish son I passed on info I was text.

I am baffled that it still hasn't got through to some of our people that there is no queue of rich people wanting to put their cash into Rangers.

I would have thought they will have a share issue where his loans will be converted to shares. Would be surprised if anyone was willing to buy him out.

No point whatsoever, we need NEW cash. Buying out any friendshareholder

Son? What age are you 75?

So you were sent "info" and took as gospel?

Give it a rest, time for cocoa and yer bed auld yin
You seem more upset about getting called son than the point of my post, kinda sums you up son... Ps don't ever play poker especially after your cocoa.... Pmsl

I think king has the desire and passion to see it through until we hit the top again ,he might not show it outwardly but I believe he is hell bent at some stage to see us in top again .

No point whatsoever, we need NEW cash. Buying out any friendshareholder

The advantage of a fan buyout is that it will ameliorate any effects of the cold shouldering and will allow a new share issue far more easily.

Fans can then invest in the club as heavily as they wish. If new cash is needed, fans should seek to supply that - rather than seeking only shareholders who have wheelbarrows full of cash to act as sugar daddies (I've seen enough of them in my life and they are NO fun!)

You seem more upset about getting called son than the point of my post, kinda sums you up son... Ps don't ever play poker especially after your cocoa.... Pmsl

There's no point to your post son, its second hand pish info that you are completely unable to back up.

I was quite chuffed at being called son...it's been a long time since anyone called me that.

There's no point to your post son, its second hand pish info that you are completely unable to back up.

I was quite chuffed at being called son...it's been a long time since anyone called me that.
Aye OK jog on to I watch Tim's getting hump Ed.

No point in having another absent landlord. Over the last two years things rarely move at Ibrox unless DK is in the country and cracking the whip.

If that's the case it completely validates my belief that we don't have near enough the talent in the boardroom or executive positions to take the club forward. Why is this allowed to continue? Should King not be flexing his muscles to make sure we have the right talent in place in commercial, PR, communications and high level executive positions etc etc etc...

Post of 2017.

@Oatlands

King has put the majority of the money in so far, it was in the accounts a few weeks back.

Edit. From the accounts:

Total debt balance of £15.9m broken down as follows:

• New Oasis Asset Limited (Dave King): £6.7m
  • Directors (Douglas Park, John Bennet & Paul Murray): £3.8m
  • Other related parties (George Taylor, George Letham, Andrew Ross, Barry Scott & Scott Murdoch): £5.4m

And the promise of another £7m.

The above £6.7m plus the £7m to be converted to equity. To add to his existing 15% holding.

Like I said his share holding will increase if anything.

I have seen nothing to suggest he is selling shares, quite the reverse.

You would need a sledgehammer to get DK out of Ibrox....his intention is to steer Rangers FC back to the top of Scottish football. He has a track record in business of grinding his way to the top!
He will not be moved and neither will Douglas Park.
I appreciate this is not what the flotsam who perforate this forum want to hear.... but big Dave ain't going nowhere!!!

Back