Can anyone see King selling his shares?

Asked admin if I could post, was told at your peril lol.

Guy who sent me this has been 100% so take it or leave as I'm only passing it on...

Down at my dads tonight he said he was out for dinner with a guy last night who told him David Murray is coming back to rangers in January with backing from a consortium from Hong Kong with plenty of cash to buy new players

That bastard certainly owes us big time.

Guy who sent me this has been 100% so take it or leave as I'm only passing it on...

Down at my dads tonight he said he was out for dinner with a guy last night who told him David Murray is coming back to rangers in January with backing from a consortium from Hong Kong with plenty of cash to buy new players
Who was the guy? Frankie Boyle?

I believe he had a conflict of business interest with investments he was managing at that time.
Yeah but he was still there behind the scenes at one stage, just shat it in my opinion. And then talked bollocks to the papers about his 'non-involvement'. Still bugs me that does.

Anyway back OT, I think King will sell at some point but I can't see why anybody would buy him out. What's in it for the buyer, realistically and financially. The Club needs to move forward. Obviously.

Think and hope DK is here for the long haul, but it,s funny how every time something happens with that mob a Russian Billionaire, Ashley or Murray pop up to buy DK out. Its getting tiresome let the guy do his job, and get us back to where we should be.

A lot will depend on the Court of Session decision which is imminent.
If the judge accepts the Take over panel position then he can make whatever order he thinks will enforce their ruling.
That’ll probably impact on financial matters in some way.
No one. Absolutely no one is going to accept 20p a share, when they are worth 34p

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/share_prices/share_price/symbol-RFC

No doubt there will an appeal, whoever loses.
The 30% total is amongst King and the three Bears, not just down to King

The Court of Session's decision will have no impact.
He will not need to spend any money as and offer will be rejected.

King lost 20 million under Sir Duped.
Sir duped never matched King's 20 million, as promised, no chance would King trust him again, never mind allow him back.

I'm sure if memory serves me correctly, that Billionaire Jim, bought £12k worth of shares then donated them to a fans group, no?

Billionaire Jim stood in front of 400 of us in the Hilton Gt Western Rd and said the battle's over. We have forced the change required. Graeme Wallacet et al were taking over. We then listened to utter garbage at an AGM that our cash flow was solid.
Then we had Ashley lending £5 m and Lambias and Leech joining the board.
Jim MCColl? No thanks.

You would need a sledgehammer to get DK out of Ibrox....his intention is to steer Rangers FC back to the top of Scottish football. He has a track record in business of grinding his way to the top!
He will not be moved and neither will Douglas Park.
I appreciate this is not what the flotsam who perforate this forum want to hear.... but big Dave ain't going nowhere!!!

Stuh will be along soon to keep you right...........

This is a problem, running Rangers is a full time plus role, not something to be done as a holiday(imo)

I agree, however the role of chairman is to run the board not the club - that’s the chief executive’s job. DK living in SA and having other business interests should not affect his ability to run the board.

The board have invested £16m over the last 12 months alone. A further £9m has been provided by King for the future.

What level of investment are you expecting?

We have a board who have ploughed many millions into this club and continue to do so. Pedro was given 8-9m to spend which was more than acceptable.

It's fair to question the appointment of Pedro as it was clearly the wrong decision but I don't see how anyone can question the financial commitment of this board.

There is no sugar daddy out there who will come in and give the manager £20m to spend. We play in a footballing backwater. The only people who will be interested in buying us is either fans like Dave King and Douglas Park who want whats best for the club or people like Mike Ashley and Charles Green who view us as a cash cow . We are very lucky to have the board we do have.

Hear hear Wattie. This 100%

I agree, however the role of chairman is to run the board not the club - that’s the chief executive’s job. DK living in SA and having other business interests should not affect his ability to run the board.
Should not. However due to what I've heard (David Edgar has mentioned it on his podcast) many decisions are on hold until they are given the OK from Dave in SA. That is less than ideal.

As unlikely as it may be if someone came in with good intentions and could take the club forward i'm sure King would sell his shares if he felt that was the best thing to do for the club.

He will always have a place in our history for saving us from the doldrums.

The board have invested £16m over the last 12 months alone. A further £9m has been provided by King for the future.

What level of investment are you expecting?

We have a board who have ploughed many millions into this club and continue to do so. Pedro was given 8-9m to spend which was more than acceptable.

It's fair to question the appointment of Pedro as it was clearly the wrong decision but I don't see how anyone can question the financial commitment of this board.

There is no sugar daddy out there who will come in and give the manager £20m to spend. We play in a footballing backwater. The only people who will be interested in buying us is either fans like Dave King and Douglas Park who want whats best for the club or people like Mike Ashley and Charles Green who view us as a cash cow . We are very lucky to have the board we do have.

Totally agree mate. Some fans have short memories

He has already stated that they only have 2 in a row, does not count the * titles.
Top trolling by DK i'll give him that (I enjoyed it), but he's an intelligent man he knows they've won 6 titles and will likely get 7 this season. He'll disappear if they win 9 so he doesn't have the blood of 10 on his hands.

We owe king massive gratitude for what he done in ousting the spivs and the money he has put in, the thing that worries me though is he is not a mega millionaire in the mould of say a desmond with infinite supplies of money, what do we do when that runs out or he walks away.

I know this is an age of people wanting instant data etc, but I actually like King's kind of dour Scottish approach of keeping his cards close to his chest, and working away in the background on getting things done. He doesn't seem to worry himself about what others say which is good. The thing for us understandably twitchy supporters is to have faith in him and trust King in the long term.
I hope he stays for years and enjoys alongside us the day that we unfurl the League Flag at Ibrox.

We owe king massive gratitude for what he done in ousting the spivs and the money he has put in, the thing that worries me though is he is not a mega millionaire in the mould of say a desmond with infinite supplies of money, what do we do when that runs out or he walks away.
This is my worry

The David Murray coming back rumour has been floating about at least every 6 months since he left

Pumps in £100m and declares war on the media and brings our neglected stadium up to standard and then a might forgive him

The David Murray coming back rumour has been floating about at least every 6 months since he left

Pumps in £100m and declares war on the media and brings our neglected stadium up to standard and then a night forgive him

Sorry but I would never go back to see Rangers if that bastard was anywhere near the club

No one. Absolutely no one is going to accept 20p a share, when they are worth 34p

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/share_prices/share_price/symbol-RFC

No doubt there will an appeal, whoever loses.
The 30% total is amongst King and the three Bears, not just down to King

The Court of Session's decision will have no impact.
He will not need to spend any money as and offer will be rejected.

If the judgement goes against him, he still has to lodge 'x' amount of millions, I think the figure 11 million was mentioned, in an escrow account whilst the offer is made.

There is also apparently substantial costs associated with doing so.

You say that no one will accept 20p a share, but there's quite a few with penny shares who would be quids in if the decided to cash up.

If the judgement goes against him, he still has to lodge 'x' amount of millions, I think the figure 11 million was mentioned, in an escrow account whilst the offer is made.

There is also apparently substantial costs associated with doing so.

You say that no one will accept 20p a share, but there's quite a few with penny shares who would be quids in if the decided to cash up.
If he has to buy those penny shares at 20p, he could then offer them up in the share issue for 34p making sure he's not at a loss no?

Back