Can Holt play against us

Flying Fullback

Just wondering if Holt can play on Sunday?

Even though they are 2nd bottom I don't think we can take St Johnstone lightly. Good result for them last weekend. Didn't see the game, but presuming they are probably much improved by the signings of May, Holt and the guy they got from Celtic.

No but really wouldn't be worried if he could.
To be honest I'm trying to make my picks for last man standing and I'm an undecisive bugger who can convince himself pretty much any match is going to be an upset.

Struggle to pick a team each week and now I need to pick two

Technically he can but teams never play players against parent club as mark of respect. mentally challengeds played Roberts against Man City.

I can't find anything in SFA rule book or SPFL rule book that says this, though a few posters agreeing with you so maybe I'm just blind.

Page 125

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club
64 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:
(i) a League Match;
(ii) a Play-Off Match;
(iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;
(iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and
(v) a Scottish Cup Match; and
during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

Page 125

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club
64 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:
(i) a League Match;
(ii) a Play-Off Match;
(iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;
(iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and
(v) a Scottish Cup Match; and
during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.
Missed this as I searched the rules for loan. Thanks for digging that up and confirming

Just wondering if Holt can play on Sunday?

Even though they are 2nd bottom I don't think we can take St Johnstone lightly. Good result for them last weekend. Didn't see the game, but presuming they are probably much improved by the signings of May, Holt and the guy they got from Celtic.
I don’t see May improving any team.

Back