Can i upgrade (Juvenile to Adult) a Champ League smartcard ticket?

blueballs

Sorry if this has been asked before and I've missed it,

My 13yr (Juvenile) daughter and I have purchased the 3 game Champ League tickets and our smartcard is active

Group fixtures were announced and turns out we are on holiday for Liverpool game at Ibrox

I was wanting to give tickets to brother in laws, and whilst mine (adult) is fine, I'm not wanting one of them pulled up for using my daughters juvenile priced ticket.

So can I upgrade her smartcard for this one match from juvenile to adult?

Thanks in advance

You can if the TO get back to you but in my experience it’s hit or miss. I’ve used my juvenile ticket for a mate last couple Europa games and nothing said.

Email them, if you u give them about 3-4 days notice they will sort you out. If you can be bothered, got to TO before game, I dad that with my daughters 3 home match tickets before Napoli, all in 20 mins to complete. QR codes issued there and then.

Sorry if this has been asked before and I've missed it,

My 13yr (Juvenile) daughter and I have purchased the 3 game Champ League tickets and our smartcard is active

Group fixtures were announced and turns out we are on holiday for Liverpool game at Ibrox

I was wanting to give tickets to brother in laws, and whilst mine (adult) is fine, I'm not wanting one of them pulled up for using my daughters juvenile priced ticket.

So can I upgrade her smartcard for this one match from juvenile to adult?

Thanks in advance
If they take the smart card into the ticket office before the game, it will be upgraded and used for entry. I had mine upgraded when my son's friend used it .

At the prices they have charged I would just walk in with a juvenile.

I doubt you will get stopped. My dad bought a concession ticket off somone in the street for the Dundee United game and nothing got said when he scanned it.
Yes, the chances of getting pulled up are minimal. Nevertheless, as I always point out on these kinds of threads, we had a report on here of one poster who was stopped trying to get in with the wrong ticket. End result, season ticket cancelled. Just needs an observant Steward to notice the light has lit up with the wrong colour and decide to do something about it.

The odds might be in your favour but, if you get caught, is it worth taking that risk?

If he's near Glasgow this may help the OP:

Done this for the Napoli game. Emailed the ticket office and they said to go into the office to do this. Guy buying it took smart card in morning of the game and had no hassle upgrading.
Not ideal for people living far from Ibrox. I had actually upgraded over the phone before but didn’t seem to be an option this time.

Done this for the Napoli game. Emailed the ticket office and they said to go into the office to do this. Guy buying it took smart card in morning of the game and had no hassle upgrading.
Not ideal for people living far from Ibrox. I had actually upgraded over the phone before but didn’t seem to be an option this time.
I’ve done it a couple of times in the past…but solely over the phone.

It’s shocking that that facility isn’t available anymore for a Club of our size.

Ticket office can't/won't allow upgrades by phone or online payment.
The person needs to go into the ticket office.
Not surprising at how inept this practice is, absolute shambles causing inconvenience to supporters.

If you just reply back to the TO and ask them to do it over the phone they’ll do it (well in my experience anyway)

Ticket office can't/won't allow upgrades by phone or online payment.
The person needs to go into the ticket office.
Not surprising at how inept this practice is, absolute shambles causing inconvenience to supporters.
That’s not true, I upgraded several last year over the phone as well as this years CL package

That’s not true, I upgraded several last year over the phone as well as this years CL package
Not untrue from my experience.
The ticket office refused to take payment in any form other than the supporter going into the ticket office.
Last season it was an option but not this year.
If you managed to do it for this seasons CL you were clearly fortunate as l was advised by the ticket office manager that after listening to supporters feedback, all staff would man the face to face desks and that was no longer an option.
You possibly got in there before they changed it to this outdated and extremely poor manner of customer service.

Not untrue from my experience.
The ticket office refused to take payment in any form other than the supporter going into the ticket office.
Last season it was an option but not this year.
If you managed to do it for this seasons CL you were clearly fortunate as l was advised by the ticket office manager that after listening to supporters feedback, all staff would man the face to face desks and that was no longer an option.
You possibly got in there before they changed it to this outdated and extremely poor manner of customer service.
Very strange, I done CL over the phone as well as the DU game the other week. Both I emailed and was told to go in, told them I wasn’t able to, have them a phone number and was sorted within a few hours.

Thanks everyone

I'll maybe take a trip into TO before I go on holiday and get it sorted, just to be on safe side
Upgrade season ticket regularly if wee one can’t make it by nipping into ticket office before game and paying the difference. Really a pain in the arse that there is still no way to do this online! I’m in the sandy jardine rear and has been stewards galore at the turnstiles on European nights this season possibly looking to crack down on this, although I have never chanced it for European games so not been issue.

At the prices they have charged I would just walk in with a juvenile.

I doubt you will get stopped. My dad bought a concession ticket off somone in the street for the Dundee United game and nothing got said when he scanned it.
Generally speaking in league games they have no one checking to see if the fan has the right ticket at the turnstile. I noted in the Napoli game some one was checking. i wouldn’t take the risk

With the demand to see the Liverpool game and the issues we have had on big Euro nights over the past couple of seasons you would think the stewarding might be tighter than normal for this game.
It would be advisable for the ticket to be upgraded in the ticket office in advance of this game.

Yes, the chances of getting pulled up are minimal. Nevertheless, as I always point out on these kinds of threads, we had a report on here of one poster who was stopped trying to get in with the wrong ticket. End result, season ticket cancelled. Just needs an observant Steward to notice the light has lit up with the wrong colour and decide to do something about it.

The odds might be in your favour but, if you get caught, is it worth taking that risk?

If he's near Glasgow this may help the OP:
They don’t normally seem bothered about the guys that walk past the massive queues and push straight into the front.

Back