Can Jamie Murphy be the missing 10 when fit?

Arfield has been doing the AMF Role (10 Role) that is the position when Arfield is out injured we really struggle to cover.

Still not a true no.10 role imo.

Although i share the sentiment. We miss Arfield's runs beyond the striker when hes not playing & we have no cover.

It was a position I was desperate for us to sign cover for in january but unfortunately it didnt work out that way

We’ve missed JM a hell of a lot more than I would have thought. He will be a good option to have once he’s back.
I’m so glad others can see this too! Me and my dad spoke about this a couple of months ago! He was involved in so much last season.

He’d have given us goals from out wide which has been a big problem for us. The 4-3-3 isn’t working because Kent and Candeias don’t produce goals often enough.

6 goals and 13 assists in half a season. He had better numbers than any other attacking mid in Scotland from when he signed.

I should have clarified I was meaning under SG.

Probably the biggest disappointment under SG prior to his injury as he looked nowhere near as effective as he did in a poor team last season.

Look I don't think he is a world beater but he is an experienced player and I think we definitely missed his experience. He had goals and he could create. He gave us different option to say kent or candieas(sp).

Same with Dorrans. Dorrans doesn't have that a lot of pace but again he has experience and he is not afraid to take a shot from outside the box. Something we have definitely missed in our midfield.

Murphy I think we will see before the end of the season. Dorrans, I am worried we won't see him again.

He’s the most technically gifted player in our squad IMO. It’s defintielt worth giving him a run there to see what he can do.

How many against Celtc? I am just not convinced he is good enough, nor consistent enough.

Morelos is by far and away our best player and he hasn't scored against Celtic. It's a bit reductionist to boil everything down to that.

Bar one game, our team was in no position to lay a glove on them in the second half of last season. That wasn't all down to Jamie Murphy.

Morelos is by far and away our best player and he hasn't scored against Celtic. It's a bit reductionist to boil everything down to that.

Bar one game, our team was in no position to lay a glove on them in the second half of last season. That wasn't all down to Jamie Murphy.
No, fair point.

I am also not convinced that Murphy has the consistency or fortitude for Scottish football. His injuries and performances speak for that.

I would love to be proved wrong but I just don’t see it.

No, fair point.

I am also not convinced that Murphy has the consistency or fortitude for Scottish football. His injuries and performances speak for that.

I would love to be proved wrong but I just don’t see it.

He was the most creative attacking midfielder in the league in the second half of last season. He was previously a decent performer in Scotland for Motherwell, which won him his move down south.

I don't get the injuries thing either. He was fit and in the squad for every single game since he signed except a cup game against Falkirk. His current long term injury came from landing awkwardly on a shitey plastic pitch and had nothing to do with fortitude, just bad luck.

He was the most creative attacking midfielder in the league in the second half of last season. He was previously a decent performer in Scotland for Motherwell, which won him his move down south.

I don't get the injuries thing either. He was fit and in the squad for every single game since he signed except a cup game against Falkirk. His current long term injury came from landing awkwardly on a shitey plastic pitch and had nothing to do with fortitude, just bad luck.

Any form with Motherwell is a long(ish) time ago.

He seems to have been in and out since he signed, although I agree about his current injury. Plastic pitches should be banned.

Whenever I see him, he seems to either be very good or run down blind alleys and be ineffectual.

Hopefully he comes back and makes a difference.

What about a loan move for Marco Van Ginkel at Chelsea, absolute tore it up for a couple of seasons at PSV.

I like van Ginkel, but he's not really a no 10. Would be a good addition if we got him, although I wouldn't expect he'd be on our radar.

I'd also suggest that Dorrans is the AM we've been missing, rather than Murphy, but can't ever seen to get and stay fit.

I’m pretty sure you know the answer to that question. If not, then it’s because I believe he won’t ever be good enough. No harm to him, and I’d love to be proved wrong, but I never seen any aspect of his game, that looked particularly promising .
No problem mate,I respect your opinion,it's just people come out with random statements then don't provide any evidence to back them up.
For what it's worth I think he has a chance based on his form at Shrewsbury all be it at a lower level.

Murphy is a good player and I think he has it in him to be successful in that role. Age and the serious injury are big concerns for me though, and for those reasons I view him more as a good backup to have available.

No problem mate,I respect your opinion,it's just people come out with random statements then don't provide any evidence to back them up.
For what it's worth I think he has a chance based on his form at Shrewsbury all be it at a lower level.
I really hope you’re right mate. I was chuffed for him and his family when he got his move. I just dont see him getting in ahead of Jack, arfield, mccrorie or even kamara.

He was certainly amongst the goals and assists before his injury. Not sure he is a number 10, although he did have a knack of always cutting inside if i remember correctly.

I think he would definitely improve the current match day squad.

We have absolutely no one in the squad that can operate in the #10 position. Not even Kent is a 10. We need a player with vision, guile and the ability to pass them through the eye of a needle. A De Boer, fit Kranjcar, Buffel type player.

in support of my point

Look at the Central positions he is in for his assists to Morelos and that threaded pass on the turn for Rossiter to score against Hibs. He also has that ability to go up a gear and beat his Man

Back