Can new boss spark Kamara revival?

For me Kamara’s issues can be tracked back to those horrendous racism incidents with Prague. I don’t think we fully appreciate what he went through, including threat of prosecution.

This was followed up by the abuse he got from school children on his next game in Prague and continues to this day, even when playing for Finland. He just strikes me as a player who fell out of love with football.

Hope I’m wrong and Mick Beales team can get the old Glen back, as I was a big fan.

Read the QPR fans saying Beale likes two midfielders to be more advanced, so we might still not see the best of Kamara or have a role for him.

Anyone that wants to start playing now that they prefer this manager can get fucked
Happens everywhere though, players enjoy their training, their playtime, their position, under certain managers as opposed to others.

I’ve no doubt there will be players that in a couple months will prefer Gio to Beale, we just don’t think about it that way because of this mindset that no one wanted to play for Gio - which in itself is a nonsense.

I think we'll see a good few revivals - a sad inditement of modern day football, but that's the way it is. The players were completely void of any confidence and ideas under Gio.

Where does he play?

Hes a DM, we already have too many of them and we shouldn’t be playing with more than one domestically.

Ideal scenario would be Beale gets him back on form to the extent that clubs are willing to part with £10m for him again in the summer. We then use the money to go and sign two new midfielders that we badly need.

Anyone that wants to start playing now that they prefer this manager can get fucked
It’s an attitude that is not reserved for the world of professional football, Scott.
In any job, if you don’t get on with the manager, your productivity can fall, and if the manager has a REAL downer on you, then it can mean that you subconsciously and effectively “down tools”.
If that manager moves on before you do, and a new boss comes in, then there’s a chance that you might start producing your best again under a new regime. With regard to Glen Kamara, I reckon he’ll be given the opportunity, along with everyone else, to show that he is still good enough to play for The Rangers!

I still think he is our best midfielder, but he definitely didn’t suit Gio’s set-up. Having him play often as an attacking midfielder was crazy (I know he had one great game against RB there) and completely drained all confidence from him.

There seems to be a little bit of revisionism regarding a couple of players. Players who've had their attitudes and abilities questioned over the last 6-9 months are suddenly being given the excuse that it was Gio who was holding them back.

Not doubting Gio's involvement in their form but surely a good chunk of the blame rests at their feet for various reasons

There seems to be a little bit of revisionism regarding a couple of players. Players who've had their attitudes and abilities questioned over the last 6-9 months are suddenly being given the excuse that it was Gio who was holding them back.

Not doubting Gio's involvement in their form but surely a good chunk of the blame rests at their feet for various reasons

To a certain extent but what if the message from the coach is confusing, unclear and totally mixed?

Such as playing a player as a holding midfielder and then also as a 10 behind the striker.

setting a side up for games and then within 20 minutes having to totally revise the tactics of the side

It is easy to understand why such things are hard for players to overcome

It's relatively simple, get him motivated by making one of our best players a key man in the team - talk to the player, if he sees his future elsewhere then explain that an upturn in form will see better opportunities arise. Agree a fee that is acceptable to the Club and the player and then encourage him to get out there and perform! A fit & firing Kamara is good for the player and for Rangers

It's relatively simple, get him motivated by making one of our best players a key man in the team - talk to the player, if he sees his future elsewhere then explain that an upturn in form will see better opportunities arise. Agree a fee that is acceptable to the Club and the player and then encourage him to get out there and perform! A fit & firing Kamara is good for the player and the Club.
This. It’s a win win for Kamara and the club to have him firing before the end of the season.

He will attract more potential buyers, have more choice on his future if he really wants away, and we will get a better fee for him should that be the case.

Spoke to someone who met Bassey in Dubai last week, he was with Aribo and Kamara.
He said Bassey was saying Kamara was texting Beale begging him to take the job so if that's true then you've got to think Kamara wants to play for him.

Spoke to someone who met Bassey in Dubai last week, he was with Aribo and Kamara.
He said Bassey was saying Kamara was texting Beale begging him to take the job so if that's true then you've got to think Kamara wants to play for him.
Kamara wasn’t the only senior player who had been in touch with MB with a similar message.

Kamara wasn’t the only senior player who had been in touch with MB with a similar message.
Yep, it’s obvious things just weren’t good behind the scenes for whatever reason.

They all appear to have loved working under Beale, a happy squad tends to be a successful one.

Some are wanting a scorched earth policy of binning everyone and replacing them all, that just isn’t going to happen

If there is interest at a decent price in January then sell him
This is highly unlikely though unless a rekindling of the summer interest takes place
Therefore hopefully get him up and playing again and punt in the summer
Would be better putting the effort into him rather than the other older players in a similar position who have no resale value

Yep, it’s obvious things just weren’t good behind the scenes for whatever reason.

They all appear to have loved working under Beale, a happy squad tends to be a successful one.

Some are wanting a scorched earth policy of binning everyone and replacing them all, that just isn’t going to happen
Kamara is one of the players we should be looking to shift with 2 years left on his deal.

There will be lots of histrionics in this thread but players rarely respond well to continually being played in positions that don't suit their skillset and repeatedly being subbed at half time.

He'll play better under a coach with a coherent approach to football.

Quick Google says he is contracted to 2025, so hopefully get him playing again, and then punt him next January.

There will be lots of histrionics in this thread but players rarely respond well to continually being played in positions that don't suit their skillset and repeatedly being subbed at half time.

He'll play better under a coach with a coherent approach to football.
The performance away to St Mirren was verging on unforgivable, whether he understood instructions or not. Lundstram wasn't far behind him right enough.

Kamara is one of the players we should be looking to shift with 2 years left on his deal.
It depends on a few things. Ie will Beale get him playing well again, and also we would need a suit offer for him otherwise there’s no point.

It’s not just as easy as saying move him on.

Yes, I think he will be the one who shows the biggest improvement ... if he's committed (Big If) he wont be out the team moving forward

Kamara is a fantastic player when he wants to be, but for me, there is an element of cowardice to his game.

His refusal to shoot, even when he is in a great position to do so, suggests he can't handle the pressure of failing to score.

The frustrating thing is, he has the ability to score good goals, we've seen him do it.

He really needs some lessons in positivity.

Read the QPR fans saying Beale likes two midfielders to be more advanced, so we might still not see the best of Kamara or have a role for him.
Even if plays 1 holding midfielder an option could be that it is Kamara and Lundstrum forward 1.
I always found it curious that Kamara was always the one holder asked to play forward while with Gio never tried Lundstrum.
Not saying would have been better but surely should be trying to get the best out of all the squad and clearly Kamara was not suited further forward.

Can't see why the same coach who had him linked with £10m moves won't be able to get some form out of him.

Gio obviously didn't rate him for some.reasin, but he's better than he's shown in the little time he's played this year

He's been horrific for the best part of a year bar 2 or 3 games. Quite a few "man down" performances this season already,

Back