Can Rangers appeal this?

Jan Wyck

Given there are so many threads on this I apologise for another on the grounds I don't know what one to post this question on.

Surely the logistics of already having sold out the ground and the time frame from the alleged offences in the St Josephs game and the timing of this announcement warrants the right to appeal.

The club seem to back Uefa on this. Seems to me that the board would rather have a home crowd without the UB. The UB cba easily avoid using the word 19th Century Terrorist. Hopefully the can change

The club seem to back Uefa on this. Seems to me that the board would rather have a home crowd without the UB. The UB cba easily avoid using the word 19th Century Terrorist. Hopefully the can change

To be fair(sic) to the UB this is not what they usually sing but on these Euro nights, as I can testify from where I sit, there are always a lot of different people sitting in the seats.
Had an idiot behind me at the last Euro game happily swigging from a Buckfast bottle. The songbook I always feel on these nights tends also to stem from times past.

To be fair(sic) to the UB this is not what they usually sing but on these Euro nights, as I can testify from where I sit, there are always a lot of different people sitting in the seats.
Had an idiot behind me at the last Euro game happily swigging from a Buckfast bottle. The songbook I always feel on these nights tends also to stem from times past.
Agreed mate

Stand up for ourselves??? We have been warned countless times. The club have pleaded with people not to spout that crap. Yet the same morons can’t act like civilised human beings.

So, you know which song it is they are talking about? Nice of you to call your fellow fans fans uncivilized! This is a targeted attack on our club as I've posted already.

If this group are against racism and sectarianism in football, why don't they ever demand Celtic have a stand shut?

How about we complain that this organisation is biased? How about we stand up for ourselves?
We will never stand up for ourselves, we allowed this to happen over years and years of rolling over and letting journalists, politicians and others %^*& us at every opportunity. They have won

So, you know which song it is they are talking about? Nice of you to call your fellow fans fans uncivilized! This is a targeted attack on our club as I've posted already.

If this group are against racism and sectarianism in football, why don't they ever demand Celtic have a stand shut?
I can guess the songs/words. It’s pretty bloody obvious. It’s the same crap every time. I don’t associate with people who say stuff of that nature. Never have. Never will.

I honestly couldn’t care less about Celtic. We need to sort our support out.

What I don’t understand is why have UEFA not cited us with a charge under their normal disciplinary process?

We have been found guilty without a hearing FFS

Everyone is entitled to a fair trial but in this instance UEFA appear to have ignored normal due process and gone for a guilty verdict

There is a route to appeal under Article 60 of the Disciplinary Regulations (
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf )

A declaration of appeal against a decision by the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body must be lodged with the UEFA administration, in writing, for the attention of the Appeals Body, within three days of the issuance of the relevant decision with grounds. Competition regulations may, however, shorten this deadline for the sake of the smooth running of the competition in question.

Article 63 also says:

The ethics and disciplinary inspector must reply to the appeal in the case of an alleged violation of Article 12, 13 or 14. In the case of any other alleged disciplinary offence, he may reply to the appeal at his own discretion.

We were charged with an Article 14 offence so it can be appealed it would appear.

I am not certain if it must be the decision or if we can appeal the nature of the punishment. The effect on supporters, many of whom are innocent, at short notice is unreasonable. People have bought tickets, paid for travel arrangements, hotels, etc and it is going to have serious financial effect on them. Logistically, for the club, it is an absolute nightmare unless they go for the blanket approach and in doing so risk alienating a lot of people.

UEFA hold the cards here. The punishment could be delayed to the next game with the same effect on the club (and possibly in a higher profile match) but not on people who already have made their arrangments and shelled out money.

Back