Can Referees review bookings?

Cahoochie

Seem to recall refs reviewing cards post match and these being rescinded. Not sure if it was only reds.
If a Ref can revisit a booking I think the Club should politely ask that Mr Clancy look again at the incident and consider his initial decision.I believe that viewing available footage is allowed.
If this is possible we should ask.
Even if it isn’t possible I’d like to see us make a comment to the effect that “I’m sure when Mr Clancy saw it again he realised there was no intent and no contact”.

Yes but only when:

The player was booked due to a case of mistaken identity

or

The player was booked for diving but had not dived

Fixtures in Scotland face possible postponement next weekend after Category One referees voted to strike.

Scottish match officials are upset with the avalanche of flak that has come their way this season.

BBC Scotland has learned that officials are concerned that their integrity is constantly being questioned by some clubs and individuals.

And there are increasing fears among referees over personal safety as a result of public criticism.

The decision to take strike action was reached at a referees' union meeting held on Sunday afternoon, with unanimous backing.

o.gif
MY SPORT: DEBATE
Give your reaction to this story
There are six Scottish Premier League games scheduled for next weekend. There is also a full card in the Scottish Football League.

The ALBA Challenge Cup final between Queen of the South and Ross County at McDiarmid Park is under threat, as are any Scottish Cup replays.

"Referees are at the end of their tether, and it's not just how it's impacting on them but it's the impact it's all having on their families and business lives," former referee Kenny Clark told BBC Scotland.

"Businesses in which referees are employed are being targeted by fans sending hate emails to employers saying things like, 'why are you employing this guy?'"

Celtic have voiced concerns about refereeing standards this season and last and BBC Scotland has also learned that the Glasgow club would welcome the strike.

It is understood Celtic hope that it could lead to a wider independent investigation and want Uefa to intervene in what they think is a refereeing crisis.

Paatelainen has sympathy for refs
On Thursday, Celtic chairman John Reid called for the resignation of referee Dougie McDonald, saying "his position is completely untenable" after he was warned by the Scottish Football Association for lying about his reasons for overturning a penalty award.

Here it is.

Seem to recall refs reviewing cards post match and these being rescinded. Not sure if it was only reds.
If a Ref can revisit a booking I think the Club should politely ask that Mr Clancy look again at the incident and consider his initial decision.I believe that viewing available footage is allowed.
Even if it isn’t possible I’d like to see us make a comment to the effect that “I’m sure when Mr Clancy saw it again he realised there was no intent and no contact”.
The incident lol coont would need to revisit the majority of his decisions

I realise a club cannot appeal 2 yellows buy what is to stop us appealing Kent`s 2nd yellow for Brown`s obvious play acting and feigning injury when Kent clearly never touched him

I'd like to think Ross Wilson speaks to the referee supervisor following games like tuesday although we'd never be aware of it

Never understood why yellows can't be appealed the same way a red is.

Referees get things wrong, and with yellow cards being stackable i.e too many and you can be banned for x amount of time.

This should be able to be reviewed by compliance officer or panel of referees as well.

There's no reason why not, other than it will highlight just how bad the officials are up here.

In Scotland ? A rhetorical question surely ?

Just because the rules say a yellow card cannot be overturned except for mistaken identity or diving not diving it does not mean it shouldn't be challenged.It is a bad rule and if it is shown the referee made a "mistake" the card should be overturned.

It wouldn't matter anyway that cheating khunt would never change any decision which could be beneficial to us.

Fixed that for you chief!
Fixtures in Scotland face possible postponement next weekend after Category One referees voted to strike.

Scottish match officials are upset with the avalanche of flak that has come their way this season.

BBC Scotland has learned that officials are concerned that their integrity is constantly being questioned by ONE club and individuals.

And there are increasing fears among referees over personal safety as a result of public criticism.

The decision to take strike action was reached at a referees' union meeting held on Sunday afternoon, with unanimous backing.

There are six Scottish Premier League games scheduled for next weekend. There is also a full card in the Scottish Football League.

The ALBA Challenge Cup final between Queen of the South and Ross County at McDiarmid Park is under threat, as are any Scottish Cup replays.

"Referees are at the end of their tether, and it's not just how it's impacting on them but it's the impact it's all having on their families and business lives," former referee Kenny Clark told BBC Scotland.

"Businesses in which referees are employed are being targeted by fans sending hate emails to employers saying things like, 'why are you employing this guy?'"

Celtic have voiced concerns about refereeing standards this season and last and BBC Scotland has also learned that the Glasgow club would welcome the strike.

It is understood Celtic hope that it could lead to a wider independent investigation and want Uefa to intervene in what they think is a refereeing crisis.

Paatelainen has sympathy for refs
On Thursday, Celtic chairman John Reid called for the resignation of referee Dougie McDonald, saying "his position is completely untenable" after he was warned by the Scottish Football Association for lying about his reasons for overturning a penalty award.

Here it is.

Back