Can the goalkeeper run at the player taking a penalty?

giphy.gif

Probably a mental question I know. Would they even be allowed to do that? Or do they have to stay on their line even after the whistle has been blown to take it?

I've certainly never heard of it happening so I suppose that really answers my question :))
Are you a SPFL ref per chance?

Probably a mental question I know. Would they even be allowed to do that? Or do they have to stay on their line even after the whistle has been blown to take it?

I've certainly never heard of it happening so I suppose that really answers my question :))
Haha

WOW
How old are you?
Serious question.

Have you ever watched football before?

Think that's enough tinternet for me today

Maybe you could charge forward from the back netting to the goal line and leap at the player taking the penalty kick. But then they could fake shot and you look a tosser
Or do Cryuff's cheeky one of playing to the side for another teammate to whack it in.

No but they should allow that really. Make the keeper start on the line and the penalty taker start on the 18 yard line. Ref blows the whistle and it's a dash for the ball like something out of Gladiators.

Or the old NASL.

What teams need is a 36 foot tall keeper who could have both feet on the line and lie down in front of the ball, now that's the answer to never conceding a penalty goal

You played a lot of football op :p

Well at least you know it's a mental question mate:))

OP did you wake up this morning and decide you were gona start being a fitbaw fan? Hahaha sorry but that's hilarious

Based on this user's knowledge of the rules, I think we've discovered John Hartson's login!

@roadster198 - just kidding,
but as a group, FF members can't even decide what's a penalty offense, what counts a offside, or what day of the week it is. Google will serve you better.

I think the important question is can defenders run up when the taker goes to take the penalty and tackle them before they hit the ball?

Mate a few weeks back we had someone raging about an offside from a throw in.
2 guys near me at Ibrox, father and son I think, used to scream for offsides at goal kicks. It actually took until the 4th one of the same 1st half of a game when the son stood up going absolutely fucking tonto at the linesman, purple with rage, spit flying everywhere, after he'd finished and sat down a wee voice from behind us just went "cannae be offside fae a goal kick, ya fucking idiot" :))

Before the laws were changed Gormley was almost on the 6 yard line when the Ford player took his penalty :D (around the 2 minute mark)

I remember a while back we had someone genuinely surprised to learn you can't be in an offside position in your own half.

That along with the large people who don't realise the goalkeeper doesn't need to be goal side of an attacker for the attacker to be onside. Any 2 of the opposition players goal side will do.

In next week's episode:

Can teams field more than 11 players at the same time?

Can a Tennis Ball be used instead of a regulation match ball?

Can players wear pyjamas instead of their club kits?

Back