Can the goalkeeper run at the player taking a penalty?

Probably a mental question I know. Would they even be allowed to do that? Or do they have to stay on their line even after the whistle has been blown to take it?

I've certainly never heard of it happening so I suppose that really answers my question :))

Surely you could have asked your man this before coming on here and making yourself look stupid?

giphy.gif

Probably a mental question I know. Would they even be allowed to do that? Or do they have to stay on their line even after the whistle has been blown to take it?

I've certainly never heard of it happening so I suppose that really answers my question :))
Like doing the goalie Haka or something. :eek: . No.

Remember in the Zaire v Scotland game in the World Cup we got a direct free kick. They lined up a wall and as soon as the whistle was blown a Zaire player sprinted from the wall and smashed the ball out the park.
It was Zaire vs Brazil. Jairzinho gave one of the Zaire players in the wall a slap with the back of the hand just before it.

According to The Rest is History podcast, the players were threatened by the then dictator that if they got beat by more that 3 goals they wouldn’t be allowed back into Zaire. Mwepu Ilunga was doing it to waste time apparently as they were 2-0 down.
Yeah, they talked about it on TalkSport this week as well. The players were promised all sorts of financial benefits and then got nothing.

One foot on the line I'm sure

No but they should allow that really. Make the keeper start on the line and the penalty taker start on the 18 yard line. Ref blows the whistle and it's a dash for the ball like something out of Gladiators.
Why don’t we decapitate the head of the player that committed the foul.
Use that instead of the ball,
Proper Gladiator style :eek:

I remember a while back we had someone genuinely surprised to learn you can't be in an offside position in your own half.

Honestly? We knew about this as kids 'cos our keeper didn't have the strength to kick the ball past the half way line so we were always in our own half to try and collect it :)

Seems reasonable,just like a 7 man pyramid at corners or free kicks fur the high baws.
Selic have anyman save so why not?

You're absolutely correct,it is a mental question. Maybe don't have any ambition to become a referee, we have enough very poot ones as it is

Are you female?:oops: :))

Is this going to be a new FIFA 23 mode that my kids are going spring on me on Christmas Day? Thanks for the heads up if it is.

Can murderers laugh in the faces of their victims families or do they have to remain anonymous for legal reasons?

OP… a quiet word.

Only with a sword or a baseball bat.

Don’t be so fûcking stupid.

You’ve added a d into your username mate

I never thought the guy asking if we should long for having David Murray back would be topped but congratulations.

Seriously one if the worst things I have ever read on a football forum

Remember in the Zaire v Scotland game in the World Cup we got a direct free kick. They lined up a wall and as soon as the whistle was blown a Zaire player sprinted from the wall and smashed the ball out the park.
That was in Zaire’s game against Brazil, not Scotland.

Back