Can we have a Sticky "where can I watch the match"

I'll offer a contrary view. If you have one thread, usability goes way down. For someone with info to offer, its going to be much more effective to see a thread pop up with a request than to keep constantly reviewing a single thread to see if I can help someone. Sub-forum suffers from the same problem.

On the other hand, I do understand the annoyance with people asking questions that are easily answerable with the aid of google. Not all requests are in that category since some of the more remote/unusual places require the help of Bears with local knowledge.

I'll offer a contrary view. If you have one thread, usability goes way down. For someone with info to offer, its going to be much more effective to see a thread pop up with a request than to keep constantly reviewing a single thread to see if I can help someone. Sub-forum suffers from the same problem.

On the other hand, I do understand the annoyance with people asking questions that are easily answerable with the aid of google. Not all requests are in that category since some of the more remote/unusual places require the help of Bears with local knowledge.
I think that's what I was trying to say - thanks for that.

Google can answer a lot of the questions but its good to go somewhere a bear is welcome and will enjoy the game

Since we are on the subject , I'm off to Nerja on Saturday and arrive about an hour before kick off. Anybody any ideas. I was told to try the El Fuego bar at Burriana beach.

I disagree totally. I wouldn't go in a thread that covers that subject, if I see a thread titled 'where can i watch the game in greenock' I would go in and offer opinion, I wouldn't see that in a thread dedicated to all locations.

Sub-Forum for it would make a lot of sense. As I'm sure theres lots of bears looking every game.
Aye but how many people will go into that sub-forum with the thought 'aye I wonder if anyones looking for a pub to watch the game that I can help them with', hardly anyone would go in that sub-forum unless they are the ones looking for the place to watch the game.

I honestly can't see why people get upset with these threads, they hardly 'clutter up the board'. As usual, if you don't like it then don't open up the thread.

As the title says - it's starting to get a little tedious...
....'I'm in Outer Mongolia does anyone know where I can find a bar to watch the match'.......
I know it's easy just to ignore them but if it helps fellow bears - lump the requests in one thread.
I know what you mean. How often do you see a thread on where to watch the game in "Glasgow City Centre"? Unsurprisingly the answers are always the same :)

I disagree totally. I wouldn't go in a thread that covers that subject, if I see a thread titled 'where can i watch the game in greenock' I would go in and offer opinion, I wouldn't see that in a thread dedicated to all locations.
Aye but how many people will go into that sub-forum with the thought 'aye I wonder if anyones looking for a pub to watch the game that I can help them with', hardly anyone would go in that sub-forum unless they are the ones looking for the place to watch the game.
Agree and was what I was trying to say, but was more long winded about it :)

I know what you mean. How often do you see a thread on where to watch the game in "Glasgow City Centre"? Unsurprisingly the answers are always the same :)
Problem is, for every one like that (that we can all just ignore) then there will be a genuine request for some far flung place.

And speaking selfishly, it still surprises me how many people don't know that there is an RSC in New York (or other major cities around North America and the world) and the occasional thread about it offers a chance for more Bears to become aware.

The board is getting like the old board again, i agree we should have a platform for bears in a strange place to ask where to w atch the next game, but not in the Bear Pit,or the Lounge, or Lodge could we have a new platform to help bears in a strange place or country and it wouldnt affect the normal forums.

There is another thread from Mark asking for ideas on sub forums and a few of the troops have responded in there - apologies for going off on a tangent with this.

Problem is, for every one like that (that we can all just ignore) then there will be a genuine request for some far flung place.

And speaking selfishly, it still surprises me how many people don't know that there is an RSC in New York (or other major cities around North America and the world) and the occasional thread about it offers a chance for more Bears to become aware.
I don't mind the far flung ones. It's always interesting to see where "Bears" end up whether it be work or holiday and as you say it heightens the awareness for everybody. :D

Back