Can we really win the league this season?

We absolutely can win it, but to do that we need two things,

- A tougher mentality particularly post Christmas - it's unacceptable the collapses of the last two seasons and if we can't overcome a blip we'll be nowhere near again
- Signings in key positions - still don't believe the squad is strong enough and we lack options off the bench. We need to spend wisely and the players need to be good enough to go into the first team

I think our first choice XI beats their first choice XI in a head to head game, but I think they have more goals from midfield and are better suited to getting past some of the dross in the league (at this point). If we can add a couple of key players in the attacking areas I think it'll make a huge difference to us
Turned out pretty accurate to be fair.

As things stand, I can't see it either. It's pretty much the same team which has bottled it two years in a row. Can Tav show some balls? Defence stop conceding simple goals? Can our midfield actually contribute at either end of the pitch? I'm yet to be convinced.

Saying that, it's another year together and surely the understandings are getting stronger. Make or break for many this year, including the manager.

I hate this frame of mind that says if a supporter looks at the reality of our situation instead of going into fantasy mode he’s somehow “pathetic” or displaying a “disgusting attitude”.

As it stands the personnel for the two squads is more or less the same as it was last season, and last season their personnel were a huge number of points in front of ours and on course for another treble, so how the fùck can anyone argue against that guy’s point? There’s nothing wrong with being realistic, sticking your fingers in your ears and saying “that’s a pathetic attitude, they’re not better” might get you staunch points but it won’t actually alter reality or make us any better.

At this point our best hope is that they capitulate either due to TLB falling out with his players or due to them suffering some serious injuries, because they’ve demonstrated that when their side is fully fit and functioning they’re much better at putting wins together than us. Of course outside of that our best bet is to get 3 or 4 qualify signings in to go straight into the starting 11, but with the season starting in a couple of days that isn’t likely.

Turns out they weren't better, eh?

Can I quote this come March? I say March because we will win this league with time to spare.
giphy.gif

Thick skin loyal this is what I'd be aiming for - rotate Kent, Hagi, Ferguson and Aribo

............................McGregor.................

Tav..Goldson..Edmundson..Helander..Barisic

..................Jack.......Kamara...............

.............Hagi ............... ..Ferguson..................

.................Aribo......Dykes...............

Paterson
Bassey
Davis
Kent
Arfield
Stewart
Shankland or new St
Murphy
Wish we went down this route we would easily be favourites for the europa league.

Harsh to have a go at the guys who had doubts coming into this season.

There were literally no signs at all that this squad under Gerrard could show this type of consistency and mentality over the course of an entire season.

Thankfully they've proved they can as we march on to the title.

Reactions: TQ3
Yes. We will romp it and be 18 points clear in February. We will also be unbeaten and will be one step away from eliminating antwerp and heading for the last 16. I dont know how I know it will be antwerp, I can just sense it

Yes. We will romp it and be 18 points clear in February. We will also be unbeaten and will be one step away from eliminating antwerp and heading for the last 16. I dont know how I know it will be antwerp, I can just sense it

You just need to tweak the date of your post to july 2020 and you would become the nostrodamus of the 21st century.

Some belters in this thread. I think we can all agree nobody seen this season unfolding the way it has. Large % among us will always think we’re capable but our imperious form this season versus their utter capitulation has been unbelievable.

And I’ve enjoyed every single f.ucking minute of it.

:)):)):))

if you honestly think we wont be allowed to , is there any point watching?

We need to drop the conspiracy / cabal nonsense and start doing it on the pitch.
Rag doll the lesser teams as we should be doing and take our chances when they come in the derby games.
Quite happy with my initial response in this thread.
We have indeed rag dolled the diddy teams. Took our chances in the derby games.
Did our talking on the pitch.

Back