Can we take 6 points off Celtic to revive the League Challenge?

Can we take 6 points of Celtic in the League?

• Yes or no

Votes: 126 8.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 521 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 851 57.3%

• Total voters
Last season in the lead-up to Parkhead, we dropped points in the last minute away to Ross County, while they sneaked past United at home.

A reverse this season?

I don’t think we’re beating them 3 times over the next month.

Beales form is league winning form but celtic are just the same they aren't losing 4 games, in seasons gone by our form under beale would.see us win the league.

There isn't a hope in hell of the title, let's be realistic here.

They have only dropped points in 2 games all season, they aren't going to lose 3 times and draw in the last 8 games, utter fantasy.

Do we have the right mentality to go to the San Giro next Saturday and win?

No sure. Anything other than 3 points next week and it's done.

I live in hope. :)

For us to win it, they’d need to drop to a 55/60% win ratio for rest of season.

Anyone who thinks that’s possible is on crack.

On paper, yes.

But league wise, I think the psycholical damage has been done and the best we can do is put them out the Scottish cup and lay down a marker for next season.

Seems a few are forgetting what this squad (new boys aside) generally serve up when an opportunity arises

They’ve shown very little to suggest they can beat them in the remaining 2 league games

At this stage I’d accept just winning the cup game to be honest, but again I think we could be back in same place come the end of April

Of course we can... Whether we will or not, that's a different question.

Keep believing!

Not ruthless enough and passing up too many chances in games
This for me. We've missed some very good chances in old firm games this season to say nothing of the countless chances we're failing to take against the rest of the league. But for some poor finishing we would have won the game at Ibrox and possibly have taken the final to extra time despite playing poorly.

You never know, maybe in one of the games everything will click and we'll rattle in 4 half chances. Hopefully the cup final.

Not with this squad of serial losers we won't.
I've always liked you as a poster mate, usually positive. I understand things aren't great at the minute but we will be back and when we are it will feel like nothing else in the world.

Keep the faith brother

If we press yes! I think I could be wrong but I think Tillman should come on 2nd half after they have expelled some energy he may get more joy?

Nah, the league is done this season.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see us narrowly lose next week and then beat them at Ibrox when there’s nothing to play for.

I’ll be honest, I think a factor in this current run of form is the fact that the players feel the league is done too.

Our forwards can undoubtedly cause them problems but defence and central midfield (assuming raskin isn't playing) are too slow on the ball.

Thier defence is honking and we simply don't play quickly enough to exploit it.

If we don’t beat them in any of these 3 games then it’ll be enormous pressure on Beale and rightly so. But win all 3 and great potential !

Our forwards can undoubtedly cause them problems but defence and central midfield (assuming raskin isn't playing) are too slow on the ball.

The intensity of our midfield with Raskin playing instead of Lundstram is night and day.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Lundstram moved on in the summer if he’s only got a year left

I’m expecting a much better performance in the next 2 OF games. Beale got the team wrong in the last game and will have learned from it.

Would not surprise me if he tries something a bit different and goes with Kent, Sakala and Tillman as a front 3.

Pointless question considering the state of the competition.

At least in seasons before teams would run them to 90 mins at a draw or ahead. Teams are lucky to be losing by 1 by 60 minutes against this year's mob.

No.

We couldn’t do it at Ibrox when we held a lead and had the opportunity to put the game to bed and force a title challenge.

We will beat them at Ibrox when the pressure is off, score draw next weekend is my prediction.
That’s this squad of players all over isn’t it. Vast majority of the time they shit their breeks when we really need to do it, then they find they can win these games when there’s nothing to be won and the pressure is mostly off.

The inevitable soft as shite goal(s) we'll concede down the right side of our defence unfortunately means we'll need to score an absolute minimum of 2 at the piggery. Only done once since we came back up I think? Can't see it to be honest.
We need to break up that right side. It handicaps us in tough games.

Big ask but if they drop points tomorrow and we beat them next week their arses will start to collapse,nothing surer

Plus they have to come to a t.arrier free Ibrox,11 of them,15 if you count that fat wank bistoveins is some amount of pressure B-)

Couldn't have put it better, sadly.

Of course we can. If we attack them from the outset next week we will get goals and I doubt they will respond. I have a feeling they will drop points tomorrow as well so 3 points next week and the league could be back right back on.

Back