Can we take 6 points off Celtic to revive the League Challenge?

Can we take 6 points of Celtic in the League?

• Yes or no

Votes: 126 8.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 521 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 851 57.3%

• Total voters
I do not think we are clinical enough to get a result on Saturday.

In the last 2 drubbings at parkhead they took every chance presented to them. When was the last time we did that?

At parkhead our defense will be tested the hardest as compared to Ibrox or Hampden, historically with 3-0 and 4-0 you can see where this game is dangerous for us, but also on the same token our attack in the 4-0 game especially had tons of room and we had a bunch of good chances too. No idea how it will play out, I just hope Beale has paid due attention to their usual tactics of taking free kicks in different positions or throw ins miles away from where the ball went out of play. Win at parkhead and for the first time maybe since December 2021 they will be under a bit of pressure again

I still hold a tiny glimmer of hope that we can but I understand it’s probably unlikely.

If we win next week then I’d strongly fancy us to win the final old firm game of the season too.

The game next week is a season definer. Anything other than a win for us and the league is done.

If we were to get a victory next week then it would be interesting to see how the mentally challengeds handled the pressure afterwards.
The league is done already and they always handle the pressure better than we do.

We hear this all the time that they are going to crumble its absolute nonsense.

We certainly could. Even if we did I still wouldn’t fancy us for the league the way they handle the rest of the league.

We need to improve our backline before we start challenging them properly.

Our defence is vulnerable.
It needs a significant improvement.

If he does he's under real pressure I'd say
If he does what he did in the LC final and we get a shoeing I honestly want him gone. He clearly would not have a clue in my book. Thankfully I dint think he will. He would have learned a harsh lesson after that game. To do it again would be gross negligence

I think the league is gone, can we beat them yes.

Scottish Cup win is a must against them and no slip ups in the final.

The league is done already and they always handle the pressure better than we do.

We hear this all the time that they are going to crumble its absolute nonsense.
Same with the players. We're going to do this and we're going to do that. Then we go out and get beat. This time it's Lundstram with the patter. Just shut the fucking collective gub, and do it on the park. It just makes us a laughing stock if we get beat.

I dont think we can unfortunately, our squad honestly just isn't as strong as theirs right now through chronic failures on our part since 55 to recruit and strengthen properly.

We are not miles away from them, the fact Beale has kept the points difference the same since he came in is to his credit, but the pressure is fully on us and sadly I don't think our squad will cope with it.

Another massive summer for us unfortunately, hopefully Beale is doing the player spotting and not Wilson.

It's possible - but unlikely - we win the 2 remaining league games v them. If we did we still require them to drop points in 2 games against the worst standard in the league many if us can remember. With timid officials.

I can't see it.

A win on saturday would just put some slim doubt in their head but boy our players need to be well up for it

Hope so! But Lundstram in the centre of midfield is really giving us the fear this week. Can easily see him run all over and caught in the headlights like he has before.

Tillman has been great against the Foder of late but does he have the appetite to get stuck in in a high energy OF game?

Our centre backs were very suspect in the last game and can Kent give us a performance or will be a lost boy again like he was the last two games at Parkhead?

Too many of our players have scar tissue of failure against them. If they can overcome this, it will be an excellent result.

Can’t see it however. Seen the story all too often and this group going into their shell.

Last edited:
I don't agree with this as Michael Beale can't help the situation he has inherited. The last time this squad beat them in the league was August 2021. If we failed to beat them in the three remaining games, then for me the players should have to take responsibility for that because the shite run against them started long before Beale arrived and at the end of the day Beale has improved the team. That's inarguable.

I know folk are going to bang on about the trophy haul with them getting close and blah blah blah but for me sometimes you have to accept a period of transition for a manager to implement his ideas. He has only had one transfer window and the financial gulf between our spending and theirs also cannot be ignored. Mr. Beale has my total faith, it's my faith in these players that needs to be rebuilt as things stand.

It's a moot point maybe because I think we'll win one at the very least. But it's an important distinction to make I think.
I definitely get that - but Beales decisions in the January game and cup final massively contributed to our failure to win. No getting away from that.

We are capable of beating them twice. Even then we probably don’t win the league.

It’s important we knock them off their stride though and put some doubt in their heads. Let them know we’ve got their number.

Even if we did....we've done feck all to try and claw back at the goal difference should they somehow lose a game out with us. We ain't even trying to go after that so we've already checked out.

If he does what he did in the LC final and we get a shoeing I honestly want him gone. He clearly would not have a clue in my book. Thankfully I dint think he will. He would have learned a harsh lesson after that game. To do it again would be gross negligence
He won’t do it again

From a football point of view I got what he was wanting to do

But from a fan I would have put the 2 new boys in

Yes we can. Not sure we will. But does not help when past club players come out in the media saying that we will get horsed again. Mr Gough for example.

Yes we can. Not sure we will. But does not help when past club players come out in the media saying that we will get horsed again. Mr Gough for example.
Can you point me to Gough saying we will get horsed again? Or did you make that up?

The whole ethos of our club has changed since our political demotion.We absolutely can win all 3 games against them but MB needs to go for their rhat throats. As has been proven over and over in europe Celtic are not a good team.Oor mindset needs to change and change fast.Whatever happened to no surrender.

Essentially this is another season where all that we have left is the chance to stop them getting a treble.

Really poor that. Ah well, onto next season once again.

Have been saying for a while rangers take the trophy by a point!

Mad shout but I did call us going to Seville on the 24 Feb last year on a gut feeling!

As long as they can walk away with the heads held high. We go again next yea.

Voted yes, as we can take 6 points off them and I think we might, but I don’t think that alone revives the season… requires an almighty collapse from them and I sadly just don’t see it.

Can we? Yes absolutely!
Will we? Different question!
Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some on here!

In January the 9pts was something that there was time to chip away at, but Celtic just don’t drop points domestically… a draw to us and a loss in the middle of September.

And what we would be looking for it then to lose 2 to us, then another 2 to cover the remaining 3 points and goal difference. Just not going to happen.
Next season we need to be out of the traps and knocking the rest of the league for 4 or 5 goals most weeks… and then making sure that we get the better of 4 Old Firm matches. Basically what they’ve done for the last 2 seasons, it’ll be brutal mentally and physically for supporters and players.

It won't happen for a number of reasons, they have better players than us, they play faster slicker, more penetrating football than we do, at the savilledome we seem to gift them goals with shyte defending, according to some of our players we haven't turned up at the last 2 fixtures, consider this and add the fact that we give away possession far too easily, I very much doubt we will beat them at all this season.
It would be nice to listen to an after match interview and hear Tav or John Lundstrum say that we did actually turn up on the day.

It won't happen for a number of reasons, they have better players than us, they play faster slicker, more penetrating football than we do, at the savilledome we seem to gift them goals with shyte defending, according to some of our players we haven't turned up at the last 2 fixtures, consider this and add the fact that we give away possession far too easily, I very much doubt we will beat them at all this season.
It would be nice to listen to an after match interview and hear Tav or John Lundstrum say that we did actually turn up on the day.
I agree we need an overhaul of players and a different mentality to start beating them.
We are way to slow in everything we do and have to many players in the team who can't change the tempo they play at.

Its not impossible.We win on Saturday and its down to 6 points and things will change.
I'll still see a mountain and an unlikely outcome.
Large sections of the other mob will start to panic.They bleat about almost everything even when things are going entirely their way anyway.
Here's for a victory on Saturday. Beale deserves it and to say that we badly need it is an understatement.

We can beat them twice and I expect us to do so but I can’t see where they’ll drop more points unfortunately.

We're definitely capable, whether we will or not is a different question. Just can't see them dropping points in two games outwith us unfortunately.

Wouldn't be surprised if the gap is less than 9pts at the end of the season, but just can't see us overtaking them at all.

Back