Can we take 6 points off Celtic to revive the League Challenge?

Can we take 6 points of Celtic in the League?

• Yes or no

Votes: 126 8.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 521 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 851 57.3%

• Total voters
No.
Their energy and tempo will be too much for us in at least one of the games.

Last edited:
We can we won’t.

Far too much wrong with us at the moment midfield just can’t move and our fullbacks will give us so much it kills us.

Today Tav and Borna first touch has been junior level constantly stuck under their feet and the Tim’s will take the ball from them non stop like that.

Parkhead is the vital one, it would shake them. Even a draw the game is up.
Sadly because it is 9 points behind the inability of SPL teams taking points of Celtic even us makes it very very unlikely.
How frustrating would that be?

If Beale can give them the belief and they cut out the slack passing, then it’s a defo yes, but we have seen the core of this side do both, beat them and be beat by them. If we stand up, we win.

Dropped points tomorrow and there’s still hope.

Them dropping points in 4 games from 8 there after…..I can’t see it.

We are also not playing well enough to confidently go unbeaten to season end, current run or no current run.

No because its a simple and honest answer, they are better than us! I'll chear on and hope for sure though!

Unfortunately we will be doing well to get 3 points out the two games. They are better than us at the moment
With our best eleven playing I don't think they are better than us but as with the subs we put on today it showed how weak we are and the players we have to jettison for next season.

If Beale can give them the belief and they cut out the slack passing, then it’s a defo yes, but we have seen the core of this side do both, beat them and be beat by them. If we stand up, we win.
Beale gave them the belief leaving Cantwell and Ruskin on the bench in the last game!

Be lucky to get out there less than 3 next Saturday , not got the mentality or mobility , hope I’m 100% wrong of course

Second time this thought provoking question has been asked today.

Answer - probably not.

As I said on the earlier thread…forget about the title and whatever OP notions you have - draw at Torbett towers next week then a win at Ibrox is fantastic for us.

It’s a perfect marker, an inkling that we may do something next season.

No we have allowed them to play with minimum pressure since late October and that makes a massive difference in tight games
Beale has done well in attempting to hunt them down but the damage done already made it an impossible task

Next week will tell us a lot.

If they score early, I fear for us. I don't think this squad are mentally strong enough to handle it.

We will beat them at Ibrox when the pressure is off, score draw next weekend is my prediction.

The inevitable soft as shite goal(s) we'll concede down the right side of our defence unfortunately means we'll need to score an absolute minimum of 2 at the piggery. Only done once since we came back up I think? Can't see it to be honest.

Back