Can we take 6 points off Celtic to revive the League Challenge?

Can we take 6 points of Celtic in the League?

• Yes or no

Votes: 126 8.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 521 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 851 57.3%

• Total voters
We’re not good enough at the moment and largely only play well in short bursts. That may get you over the line in one OF game, with some luck, but not two.

After most games Beale bemoans a lack of ruthlessness, but the uncomfortable truth is that most of our front players aren’t capable of that. Kent, Morelos and Sakala need a lot of chances before one would be put away, particularly Kent whose finishing is abismal. Tillman & Čolak are better in that regard but have thus far seen OF games mostly pass them by.

We’re heading in the right direction and with decent recruitment, we’ll do it next season.

x7QpkLR.gif

We've left it too late to put any real pressure on them. If we'd beat them at Ibrox back in January, then things might well have been different. There's too much doubt in our camp and they're full of confidence/self belief.

Finish line is in sight for them now and they've been ruthless all season. The belief among the rest of the sides in the league simply isn't there either, they set up to lose by the least amount of goals possible against them, not to win the game. Even if we managed to win the next three OF games. I don't see them tripping up against the rest. There's been nothing to suggest they're going to either.

It's maddening that 3 weeks in October/November effectively killed our whole season. Also that draw at Easter Road after going down to 9 men was brutal.

I still hold a tiny glimmer of hope that we can but I understand it’s probably unlikely.

If we win next week then I’d strongly fancy us to win the final old firm game of the season too.

The game next week is a season definer. Anything other than a win for us and the league is done.

If we were to get a victory next week then it would be interesting to see how the mentally challengeds handled the pressure afterwards.

We still lack steel and leadership, it’s time for Tillman Cantwell and Kent as our key creators to prove they’ve got what it takes to boss a game at Parkhead.
Sadly I have my doubts and we’ll see the three of them and others looking around for inspiration from someone else.
For the first time this season I’m happy central defence isn’t our weakness. Greegs won’t let us down. I’m worried about everyone else
- full backs against their pace (eek)
- can Alfie take chances?
- will the 3 mentioned have stage fright
- Lundstram?

If we can take 6 points from them we need them to drop points in another 2 games. They’ve got 9 games left. Realistically it means we’d need those points dropped in the other 7 Vs the rest of the dross. Sadly I can’t see that happening. Stranger things have happened but the chances are very slim :confused:

All starts with a draw in Dingwall today
They'll be 3-0 up by half time and there's not a chance they're dropping 10 points between now and the end of the season, and I'd be astounded if we took 6 off them. We appear to be mentally unequipped to go out and have a real go at them.

If we can retain the Scottish Cup, we can at least have one thing to smile about in a season of complete shit.

Prove me wrong, Rangers.

We’re not good enough at the moment and largely only play well in short bursts. That may get you over the line in one OF game, with some luck, but not two.

After most games Beale bemoans a lack of ruthlessness, but the uncomfortable truth is that most of our front players aren’t capable of that. Kent, Morelos and Sakala need a lot of chances before one would be put away, particularly Kent whose finishing is abismal. Tillman & Čolak are better in that regard but have thus far seen OF games mostly pass them by.

We’re heading in the right direction and with decent recruitment, we’ll do it next season.
Completely agree.Not the finished article with this team.

The fact we are relying on others then the title will not be revived with two wins but what we do need to do is win those two games and re-iterate to them that this supposed gap that media tried to have everyone believe is not there. We need to give them something to think about but we need others to do a job on them, we need them to draw 2 or to lose and draw. As goal difference is too huge.

To be honest I think we we get an absoute doing next weekend. They are basically going for the title and our team is still littered with serial shitebags and losers.

With Raskin injured we are going to have to endure Lundstram and possibly even Kamara on the pitch at the same time. We know how that ends.

Plus our strikers are powderpuff. Only player that can cause them damage right now is Sakala. We need a whole new front 3 next Sumner.

I don't think we'll even get 4 points against them in our next 2 matches, but imagine, just imagine we went into those two games and played them like teams in Europe do and actually had a go at them?

None of this sitting off, passive nonsense that invites them with hunners of space every, single time.

I don't think we'll be beaten again in the league this season. Stating the obvious but it's all on next week. It would rattle them big time if we can win on thier patch. No doubt whatsoever in my mind that we're capable of taking 6 points from them, but I'm looking at next weekend in hope rather than expectation. Think it will be a draw and similar to the last game at Ibrox. Unfortunately I'll think they will get over the line but they won't win the league by 9 points, that's for sure.

The problem in these games at the moment is they start fast and we do our usual out the traps like a tortoise routine.

The stats are all there about how often we concede the first goal.

The 3 games this season they've completely dominated the opening half hour.

No because this team will sh1t the bed again next week as despite who the manager is you can’t change their mentality.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Board waited far too long to get rid of GVB we'd probably still be in the title race as even though it hasn't been pretty Beale has got us consistently winning again against the dross

wouldn't surprise me in the up coming Old Firm games that it will be 1 win, 1 draw and one loss

I think Beale is giving it his best shot and getting the best out of the players we have.
It's a big ask for any manager to win the remaining nine.
Scottish cups the realistic priority

We can if the team are up for it and concentrate. The difference between the two sides on the day isn't that much. The scum won't drop points in the other games though so it's academic anyway.

Even if we beat them twice wouldn't fancy the rest to take 4 points off them. Incredible to think we can finish on 100 points and still not win the league.

No, this season the squad have shown they can’t step up.

Hopefully clearing some existing players out and adding fresh legs, ideas and heart will change that.

If Rangers wish to prove me wrong I’ll be more than happy to do so.

Yes we absolutely can.

But needs to be 90 mins of similar type of performance as Hearts away, or mins 45-75 of the OF game in Jan.

If we let them have the middle of the park, we will not win OF games this season.

Jack, Ranskin & Cantwell have to start.

We go through patches in games where we are miles off it, so do they. Just comes down to who can take their chances when presented. But we can’t concede the midfield like the last OF game. If we start with Lundstram or Kamara, I fear that’s exactly what will happen.

If we win our last 9 we win the league title. Pressure does funny things to people
So does delusion.

With that defence of ours and an attack that doesn't take its chances, when they come, and they will be in short supply next week, I sadly, but simply don't see it.

If someone had said to me twenty years ago that I would be capable of such a post, I'd have said they were mad.

But we are where we are, and it's not a nice place.

So does delusion.

With that defence of ours and an attack that doesn't take its chances, when they come, and they will be in short supply next week, I sadly, but simply don't see it.

If someone had said to me twenty years ago that I would be capable of such a post, I'd have said they were mad.

But we are where we are, and it's not a nice place.

We'll need to score first to get anything, and I don't see that happening. They'll be bursting a gut next week to finish us off.

We can if every player turns up, it's not a game for passengers. Michael Beale might have a fair idea of his team already, depending on fitness, and hopefully everyone is at their best if they are picked. Those who have played in this game many times and won have a big role to play this week; we need proper leaders for this.

This league is so tragically shite that we needed to beat them in January.
I genuinely don’t see them dropping more than 3 or 4 points the rest of the season.

The league is over has been over for sometime. Even if we were to win the last two league games against them it won’t be enough as with goal difference they still have a four point advantage. Saturday will be tough game but on our day are more than capable of beating them if we play well and are switched on full game.

IMO this game and who beale starts and the end result will tell us more than anything else.

He has made a pigs ear of the last 2.

We need some sort of statement to be made in one of the 3 remaining games with them
We need to pump them in the semi, anything else doesn’t bear thinking about

We don’t have any players for the big occasion anymore! We don’t have players that relish playing them! We usually shite it

I answered yes but I don’t think it revives the title challenge - they only need to win 5 from 8 which they’ll manage at a canter with the quality of the rest of the teams in the league!

Back