Can we take 9 points at home?

I see no reason we can’t get 9 points at home. Porto were pumped by Krasnodar in the champions league qualifying and they were then pumped by Basel who finished 2nd in the Swiss league last season.

One big thing to remember about the away games is that Young Boys play on a plastic pitch which will give them an advantage over everyone so they might also get 9 points at home.
Think our players will be used to the plastic surface more than feyenoord or porto

I have a feeling the fixture layout could go against us although it paid off for Rapid last year
I don't know, couldn't ask for a better draw than first and last games at home, neither against the group favourite.

Young Boys at home being last is ideal scenario. We are capable of getting at least 3 points in the other 4 games, and a win in the final game making 9 points should safely see us through I'd hope.

Need to remember Feyenoord were the lowest rated of our 3 opponents, the 2 still to come were Champions League teams last season.
Shows the expectations we now have when some think it's possible we could win all 3 home games.

If we get 7 it would be an outstanding achievement considering where we have come from and how much overall the squad has cost.

I think we’ll beat Young Boys at home and draw away. Think we’ll draw with Feyenoord away. That’s 8 points so we’ll need to do something against Porto, 2 draws or a win and a defeat and we’ll qualify.

As others have said, it's a big ask.

We have never won all 3 home games in group stage competition in europe.

However records are there to be broken. I watched the 2005 CL game against Porto that was posted here yesterday and was surprised by how average some of the players in that team were. If they can beat Porto that had won the CL 18 months previous , then our current team can beat the 2019 Porto side.

Last edited:
After an ideal start and 3 points already secured, do you think we'll take all 9 points at home this year?

On average it takes 13 points to win a group in Europe, and 9-10 points secures 2nd.

Had a debate with some guy in work who said it was a great start but he only thought we'd pick up 4 more points at home, as we'd draw with Porto.

Personally I think we'll get max points at home and it'll see us through. Just wondering everyone's own expectations.
We've never done so in the past.
A very tall order.

Tall order to beat Porto I think. Fancy us to win against young boys at home. I reckon we need a win in Switzerland to get through the group. Im not confident of us getting anything In Portugal or Holland.

Highly doubt it due to the fact we never do.
But I think we'll get results in Switzerland and Rotterdam and go through in second.

We’ve won the first game at home a few times and been hopeless there after.

If we can get any result away from home then it’ll be vital as all teams will feel they can win their home games.

Next games are crucial. If us and porto can get wins and both sit on 6 points going into the double header with them then I'll be happy. Last game at home is a big advantage as well.

After an ideal start and 3 points already secured, do you think we'll take all 9 points at home this year?

On average it takes 13 points to win a group in Europe, and 9-10 points secures 2nd.

Had a debate with some guy in work who said it was a great start but he only thought we'd pick up 4 more points at home, as we'd draw with Porto.

Personally I think we'll get max points at home and it'll see us through. Just wondering everyone's own expectations.
3QvFkRq.gif

We need to beat Feyenoord and young boys head to head then hope Porto pump everybody

I think we are underestimating how organised we are these days. When we get a bit of luck taking our chances or a favourable referee we could give one of these three a doing.

Back