Nikola Katić

Yeah he isn't perfect and if you analyze his performance you can pick up moments when he indeed was less than perfect.

By the way, are you on here after every game doing this for Big Joe?
I think you should tell us.

No, but I guess neither is the OP. Which is what I’m responding to, genius.

We need better than all the 4 CBs currently at the club. Our hope is Katic improves. From what we have seen this season the manager doesn’t think he’s there yet.

Much prefer Katic to Worral,delighted to see him get his goal also. Think Stevie should stick with that pairing. Getting on the score sheet will do his confidence no harm and a lot more composed.

No, but I guess neither is the OP. Which is what I’m responding to, genius.

We need better than all the 4 CBs currently at the club. Our hope is Katic improves. From what we have seen this season the manager doesn’t think he’s there yet.
Eh, fair enough, who are you suggesting then?

Where are we going to find two better centre backs than Goldson and Katic?

Ok …… DG
Which partnership at the back qualified for the group stages of the Europa league this season?
I’ll give you a clue…it wasn’t Goldson and Worrall!

I saw how good he was when he came into the team. Before he got dropped out the team his form was dipping.
The player has potential but he's no Cuellar...or anything like it yet.

Always been saying him and Goldson are our best 2 CB pairing.
Gerrard inexperience cost us this season.
We look more solid with Katic and Goldson at CB.
Worrall was a bomb scare at times.

Eh, fair enough, who are you suggesting then?

Where are we going to find two better centre backs than Goldson and Katic?

Your guess is as good as mine. I guess that’s why SG and MA are actively looking for 1-2 CBs. They may feel Souttar can slot into our 11. I’m not sure haven’t seen enough of him.

Katic is not yet close to the player he WILL be.

I’m absolutely sure he’s only going to get better and better

Very glad he’s out young player as his attitude and application are outstanding, and those attributes are vital for a young inexperienced player learning a crucial position.

I honestly believe he can go on to become an EPL defender in a top side, but he’s not there yet. Still a lot to learn. Delighted he’s our young player though.

Your guess is as good as mine. I guess that’s why SG and MA are actively looking for 1-2 CBs. They may feel Souttar can slot into our 11. I’m not sure haven’t seen enough of him.
I am of the opinion that in Katic and Goldson we have two good centre backs.
I don't consider them a weakness.
All teams can lose goals.

Our weaknesses lie in creativity and good football techniques from midfield to front.
We, in particular, need a midfield player who drives forward and has a shot from distance in him.
We also lack a good decision maker around the box who can see the play damage hesitant defences and finish like a striker.

These are the two positions we need to spend real money on.

I saw how good he was when he came into the team. Before he got dropped out the team his form was dipping.

He’s 22 DG. Carlos Cuellar was an experienced & seasoned professional when we got him.
He was also one of our best centre backs in the last 25 years.
Given that he was with us when things weren’t so bad financially we will struggle to get anyone as good as him in the coming years.
But the youngster has a spirit I love & I’ll support him as he develops at our club.

You have as much evidence to make your decision on as I have. Lets just see shall we?

The evidence already exists.

The Dutch player came to Scotland and cemented his place in the team every week...he had ups and downs not unlike many Dutch players he could be overconfident but he was streets ahead of Katic-he's an absolute man mountain a good 4 inches taller and a better player all round.

Katic could become a very good player-you're the one making outlandish claims-there's no need for it.

It’s a shame the guy that replaced him appeared to be undroppable despite how much his “form” dipped

From what we can gather Katic had personal family issues-might be true might not but I tend to think it's in SG's best interests to get his best team out-why would he leave Katic out if he was ready to play? I would suggest he thought Worrall was in a better position to deliver.

The Dutch player came to Scotland and cemented his place in the team every week...he had ups and downs not unlike many Dutch players he could be overconfident but he was streets ahead of Katic-he's an absolute man mountain a good 4 inches taller and a better player all round.

Katic could become a very good player-you're the one making outlandish claims-there's no need for it.
Katic is taller, a quick Google answered that.

Always been saying him and Goldson are our best 2 CB pairing.
Gerrard inexperience cost us this season.
We look more solid with Katic and Goldson at CB.
Worrall was a bomb scare at times.
To be fair so has Katic….that's why he was dropped!
Having said that the fact that he realised you have to play your "A" game every week or you find yourself on the bench hasn't done him any harm, in fact it's improved him as a person and a player.
Long may his professional improvement continue!

Ffsake that is a huge one even for you.

Katic is a young guy in a new league and a new culture, indeed a bigger leap than the one from Holland to Scotland.
He has done well he is much the same age as the young Van Dijk and is still establishing himself.

He has every chance of being as good.
I never watched much of Van Djik in Scotland ... but who did?
Let us be honest...not even Filth fans!!!
Other than perhaps you of course.

Katic is a fine young footballer and I personally believe he will become an international footballer for the world cup runners up.

Ffsake that is a huge one even for you.

Katic is a young guy in a new league and a new culture, indeed a bigger leap than the one from Holland to Scotland.
He has done well he is much the same age as the young Van Dijk and is still establishing himself.

He has every chance of being as good.
I never watched much of Van Djik in Scotland ... but who did?
Let us be honest...not even Filth fans!!!
Other than perhaps you of course.

Katic is a fine young footballer and I personally believe he will become an international footballer for the world cup runners up.

So you think by the end of next season Katic will have played 71 games for us? That's what Van Dijk did.

He cost 2.6M .

You do talk some utter shite.

Totally agree he’s no Cuellar!
I never said anything like that.
Where is this Cuellar crap coming from?

Cuellar if memory serves was around 25 and came from La Liga 1 Osasuna?
Katic is nowhere near that level and I doubt will get that here.
Gerrard doesn’t fancy him.
For whatever reason!

I judt hope he has somebody and I dont mean Souttar lined up much better for all our sakes.
Doesn’t take me to tell you stats can tell you anything you want them to.

So you think by the end of next season Katic will have played 71 games for us? That's what Van Dijk did.

He cost 2.6M .

You do talk some utter shite.
I believe that Katic will be a mainstay next season no matter what his price tag is, I suspect it won't hold him back at all.
But I can't recall Van Dijk playing 71 games for us, but you always have an edge on me in that respect. ;)

Katic is 22, your pal is now 27.

Cool your heels our Bear has time.

Totally agree he’s no Cuellar!
I never said anything like that.
Where is this Cuellar crap coming from?

Cuellar if memory serves was around 25 and came from La Liga 1 Osasuna?
Katic is nowhere near that level and I doubt will get that here.
Gerrard doesn’t fancy him.
For whatever reason!

I judt hope he has somebody and I dont mean Souttar lined up much better for all our sakes.
I think Gerrard does fancy him.
I believe that Gerrard is seeing him as a longer-term project.

This guy was built for Scottish football.

Reminds me of Carlos Cuellar, he will head and kick anything, not afraid of any bumps or bruises he might get in doing so. His bravery is crucial in this league and he has it in abundance.

He’s decent with the ball, he’s quick and he seems to communicate really well.

He fell out the team for a long period for an inferior defender but he has taken it exceptionally well for a young man in his debut season in a foreign league.
He’s still a bit raw and even today saw moments where he could’ve easily been exposed more but thankfully we dominated enough to protect him. He has potential and needs more game and hopefully next season we’ll have a team that allows guys like him to settle with less pressure and allow him to grow.

For me though it’ll be at least a year, but more likely two, before we can compare him to Cuellar. A guy who’s heading was miles ahead of anything we have right now. Always knew how to steer away from the danger, as oppose to the just ‘get your head on it’ mentality

I believe that Katic will be a mainstay next season no matter what his price tag is, I suspect it won't hold him back at all.
But I can't recall Van Dijk playing 71 games for us, but you always have an edge on me in that respect. ;)

Katic is 22, your pal is now 27.

Cool your heels our Bear has time.

He's not my man...trying to make me look like a Celtic sympathiser is the arguing tool of a youngster.

Van Dijk was a year old than Katic when he arrived at Celtic and played 35 games that season...he played 36 the following season-he went on to the Premiership and then to a bigger team. He's now Dutch captain in the semis of the CL and a chance of winning his title.

He also came with a bigger pedigree hence the 2.6M price tag.

Katic has potential but has had set backs this season possibly personal but also on the park-he had a poor game at the Piggery and despite the hype was turned a few times today.

I like the player-I would think he can become a very good player for us but he's not Cuellar and he's not had the same start in Glasgow Van Dijk had.

Jeez, not the Katic v Worrall debate. Again.

Katic had a good game today bar one error that almost cost us. Credit to him for that and it came on the back of a good performance at Motherwell also. He certainly has it in him.

This myth of how solid we were at the start of the season with him and Goldson is just that though. We conceded more goals and dropped more points in the first 10 league games than we did in the last 10 that Goldson and Worrall started. The fact is, there is not an awful lot to choose between Goldson (who seems to largely get a free pass) and Worrall and Katic.

Worrall will be gone soon so I’m pleased to see Katic come in and perform well. If he had the money to spare I think Gerrard would replace all three of them next season but other priorities will see at least one of Katic or Goldson a regular starter next term. I wouldn’t bet on which one it will be.

He's not my man...trying to make me look like a Celtic sympathiser is the arguing tool of a youngster.

Van Dijk was a year old than Katic when he arrived at Celtic and played 35 games that season...he played 36 the following season-he went on to the Premiership and then to a bigger team. He's now Dutch captain in the semis of the CL and a chance of winning his title.

He also came with a bigger pedigree hence the 2.6M price tag.

Katic has potential but has had set backs this season possibly personal but also on the park-he had a poor game at the Piggery and despite the hype was turned a few times today.

I like the player-I would think he can become a very good player for us but he's not Cuellar and he's not had the same start in Glasgow Van Dijk had.
Yeah, Van Dijk...your man (couldn't resist;))...started off playing for a club with no real rivals.
How hard ...just was that?
I honestly don't know I wasn't part of the 15,000 or so watching them.

She sorry, he has done well, but I am backing Katic.

Katic is doing just fine in comparison.
But then again there are 15,000 or so that might have a more informed opinion.
I am sure a few of them are on here.

Not sure I agree with all you said VB but debate is healthy!
As long it stays respectful and it has.

Doubt we have the funds to replace all 3 plus Macauley will also be replaced so that makes 4.Don’t think that would make Gerrard look too good replacing all four ………but you may be right.
Only one person knows for sure!

He’s still a bit raw and even today saw moments where he could’ve easily been exposed more but thankfully we dominated enough to protect him. He has potential and needs more game and hopefully next season we’ll have a team that allows guys like him to settle with less pressure and allow him to grow.

For me though it’ll be at least a year, but more likely two, before we can compare him to Cuellar. A guy who’s heading was miles ahead of anything we have right now. Always knew how to steer away from the danger, as oppose to the just ‘get your head on it’ mentality

It’s unfair to compare a 22yo from Slaven Belupo to probably our best central defender of the last 20yrs, who joined us at his peak.

Not sure I agree with all you said VB but debate is healthy!
As long it stays respectful and it has.

Doubt we have the funds to replace all 3 plus Macauley will also be replaced so that makes 4.Don’t think that would make Gerrard look too good replacing all four ………but you may be right.
Only one person knows for sure!
Reckon there will be 2 brought in over the summer to replace McAuley and Worrall.

Maybe there’s someone in the reserves can step up to be adequate cover.

Yeah, he is.
But I have doubts that he will ever quite reach the 6'4" of our new resident hero Van Dijk.
These Filth guys are just taller especially after they have played in front of the Scottish press
Fck me if I know why?

It’s the high heels they wear to fit in with the club ethos Bilko ;)

Still raw which is normal at his age but he is showing he has great potential to improve £1.5 million is a steal if he improves with age with us I can see him in the EPL in future

Back