Can we Terminate Loans Prematurely ?

I would keep Ejaria and Coulibaly until January and at which time terminate both of the contracts and look to bring in two quality midfielders

Both showed a lot of early promise but have been awful in recent weeks

Ejaria actually has footballing ability, but he's not ours and hes nowhere near consistent enough to wait on his potential. He goes missing far too often for my liking. Not enough end product to his game, he'll do a nice turn in the middle of the park but when we are crying out for a shot on goal or a decisive pass he just hasn't got it.

Coulibaly initally looked like he would be class at this level but it just goes to show you have to give a player a good 15-20 games before you can give any kind of judgement.

I would much rather bring genuine quality (not a loan) and also focus on young midfielders like Ross McCrorie instead of over reliance on a loan system which hasn't delivered a great deal of success for us.
I think we had better options on the bench,the two of them together, that's a no from me,Good forbid they get pitched in against them,they'll run amok.

Ejaria has 2 goals and 1 assist in 27(?) games (read this stat on twitter so not sure if its 100% true)

He's not performing and would rather have Docherty back developing our asset.

We only need one defensive midfielder - Jack, other 2 in there should be attack, attack, attack for 95% of our games

Ejaria has bags of talent but every now and then you get these games where he’s almost too nonchalant, like he’s having a kick about when we’re trying to win a really important game of football.

He’s young enough that it may be something that changes with time, but unfortunately we don’t have time.
Agree with this ,he has a lot of talent , he now needs to start adding purpose to that talent.

If you want to challenge for titles we need players who are at it in every game , I think Ejaria will make it in the game , not sure if that will be at Liverpool

Can we Terminate Loans Prematurely

No, shooting footballers is frowned upon outside of Colombia...

It is time for Rossitor to start being developed instead of a Liverpool player and an Angers player.
I recall you and me disagreeing over things a while ago mate,but I have to say you talk an awful lot of sense of late-respect where it’s due and all that.
There’s a concern over loan players lack of performance on a consistent basis and surely players on our books deserve a chance instead.

apart from being joint top of the league and being in the group phase of the Europa league we've done fvck all.o_O
yes but for how long?

Europe might be finished on thursday, and we might be 3rd come sunday

its all about maintaining a presence in that part of the table and a acceptable touching distance

How do you know what his attitude is like?

You have no fucking idea

I've watched him for a year and a half now. He just strolls through each and every game. We're never going to win the league whilst our centre midfielder is strolling about doing cruyff turns & step overs on the half way line. I get he's still learning the game but there's no urgency about him and we can't afford 1/3 of our midfield to be learning the game whilst we're needing to win every game.

You tell FF a lot of things, sadly 95% of it is utter shite. You’re one of these weird folk who are in their element when things go wrong and far quieter when they’re going well.
Saved me saying it.

A greeting faced waste of space on here.

I would keep Ejaria and Coulibaly until January and at which time terminate both of the contracts and look to bring in two quality midfielders

Both showed a lot of early promise but have been awful in recent weeks

Ejaria actually has footballing ability, but he's not ours and hes nowhere near consistent enough to wait on his potential. He goes missing far too often for my liking. Not enough end product to his game, he'll do a nice turn in the middle of the park but when we are crying out for a shot on goal or a decisive pass he just hasn't got it.

Coulibaly initally looked like he would be class at this level but it just goes to show you have to give a player a good 15-20 games before you can give any kind of judgement.

I would much rather bring genuine quality (not a loan) and also focus on young midfielders like Ross McCrorie instead of over reliance on a loan system which hasn't delivered a great deal of success for us.
Great post. I agree, let's bring in real quality. If you could forward your cheque for £10m made payable to Dave King, I'll make sure he gets it.

Coulibaly is like Sean Goss all over again.... a few good games initially getting us to clamour for us to sign him permanently, then turns to dogshit. He is incapable of successfully passing the ball forward and the midfield 'destroyer' we hoped for he is not. I guess it's clear now why he has been loaned out by Angers.

He doesn’t fancy the scottish game ……much too physical!

I will reiterate what I said in the summer.. young loanees just won't cut it for us over the course of a season, not when we have aspirations of competing for the title. Never have and never will. And then you add in that they are required to play X amount of minutes.. it's a complete farce.

I think Ejaria and Kent will go on and develop into decent players but at this moment in time they are little use to us. We need proper players who are going to give us a 7/10 performance every week. You just don't get that with young players.

To reply to the OP's question, if we start sending players back early, clubs may well be reluctant to send us loanees again.

I was referring to the overall success/failure rate of players we have signed on loan. IMO there has been more fails than successes and we need to stop over relying on this particular avenue for signing players.

It's also greatly harming the progress of our own up and coming players.
Much better signing players right out? Like Crooks, Windass, Herrera, Pena, Alves?

Back